+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O'Dowda, looking nailed on for Player Of The Season?

O'Dowda, looking nailed on for Player Of The Season?

Really impressed with him.

Re: O'Dowda, looking nailed on for Player Of The Season?

Have a look back on the Cardiff forums and comments about it being an underwhelming signing ,thats before he'd even kicked a ball..

Think the keeper Alsop and Kipre are up there ,as Is Wintle

Yeah he’s been outstanding although Goals seem to have dried up, has he scored since Morison left?

I think Wintle, Kipre and NG have also had been decent.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Have a look back on the Cardiff forums and comments about it being an underwhelming signing ,thats before he'd even kicked a ball..

Think the keeper Alsop and Kipre are up there ,as Is Wintle
    First time i have ever agreed with you. Thing is, people are full of shit, or very odd if they have taken any interest in o dowda previous to him signing for us. I can remember when we signed Will Vaulks and a poster on here saying what a player he was, creative etc. When Arter arrived from Bournemouth, there were fans saying that he was creative as well. They obviously hadn't watched either player.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Yeah he’s been outstanding although Goals seem to have dried up, has he scored since Morison left?

I agree with you. A special mention for NG - he doesn't really possess the physical attributes needed for his position, and yet he manages to somehow overcome this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I agree with you. A special mention for NG - he doesn't really possess the physical attributes needed for his position, and yet he manages to somehow overcome this.
    I know some people don’t like him at centre back because he isn’t a big strong defender but I think he’s been great.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

The problem is he is now the automatic choice for left back.
    I would like to see him revert to his original forward position, particularly in light of our powder puff forward line

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I would like to see him revert to his original forward position, particularly in light of our powder puff forward line
    He's a very good left-wing back.

Yeah if he stays there it isn't going to be good (for him and us).

Personally i think Romeo, hasn't put a foot wrong (that i can remember), solid defensively, always, always looks forward and carries the ball well. Works his sock off and a decent attacking threat (lol). To be honest it'll still be a 'best looking in the burns unit' competition again this year!

Even before moving to left back it felt like his goals dried up. His form has still generally been good and he’s been good at left back as well.

Sadly losing Collins was a huge blow. Everton lad is just to much of a risk in a back 4 and Bagan seems out of form or not able to push on.

You'll get no argument from me. The fact that he can play in multiple positions and do it well is outstanding. He's easily POS for me. We're lost without him.

The fact people are mentioning so many players in this thread is hard to tie in with what appears in the match day threads on here in particular where we’re dismissed as crap. I’d say Allsop, Romeo, Kipre, Ng, Wintle and O’Dowda are all candidates, but only the last named has been used as an attacking player by us - I’d say Romeo has been better going forward than many of our forwards. Maybe Robinson can make himself a candidate, but it’s defensively minded players dominating which is only right because we’re a struggling team with a better than average defensive record.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The fact people are mentioning so many players in this thread is hard to tie in with what appears in the match day threads on here in particular where we’re dismissed as crap. I’d say Allsop, Romeo, Kipre, Ng, Wintle and O’Dowda are all candidates, but only the last named has been used as an attacking player by us - I’d say Romeo has been better going forward than many of our forwards. Maybe Robinson can make himself a candidate, but it’s defensively minded players dominating which is only right because we’re a struggling team with a better than average defensive record.
    The issue is how we set up, and lack of forwards, it’s easy to see. A decent manager could beg this team too 6 with 2 or 3 additions.

O’Dowda has two goals and three assists in 23 appearances. He last scored in mid-September.

He’s got obvious ability but blows hot and cold. And that’s been the case throughout his career so far.

International

Very good, Kipre for me though, he's been amazing and with NG saved us loads of points.