Sunday January 1st, ko 12 noon
    Live on Sky Sports
    Happy New Year

Match Officials:

Referee: THOMAS BRAMALL
    Assistants: Nick Hopton and Akil Howson
    Fourth Official : Martin Coy

Match Facts:

• Blackburn Rovers are looking to avoid losing both home and away to Cardiff City in a single season for the first time since 2012-13.
    • Cardiff City are without a win in each of their last six away league visits to face Blackburn Rovers (D5 L1), since a 4-1 victory back in December 2012.
    • Blackburn Rovers are unbeaten in their last six home league games played on New Year's Day (W5 D1), winning the last four in a row.
    • Cardiff City are winless in their opening league game in each of the last five calendar years (D1 L4), conceding 14 goals in the process.
    • Ben Brereton Diaz netted a hat-trick for Blackburn in this exact fixture last season, his only goals in his eight league appearances against Cardiff.

Re: BLACKBURN ROVERS v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Blackburn 11/8
    City 2/1
    Draw 11/5

Stats not looking good for City. Not overly optimistic but Blackburn's form up and down so you never know we might nick a 0-0. Guess Sky are regretting television it.
    Team will have a few changes. Supposedly players who went off Thursday not injured, just cramp. Somehow though I have a feeling Romeo may not make it. Hopefully forwards fit.
    Allsopp
    Sang
    Ng
    Kipre
    ODowda
    Wintle
    Ralls
    Colwill
    Harris
    Etete
    Robinson

Just to add Blackburn will be without John Buckley sent off v Boro and they have lost 4 of last 5 games.
    I wonder if this is going to be ours. Another 4-1 perhaps? To City of course. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Stats not looking good for City. Not overly optimistic but Blackburn's form up and down so you never know we might nick a 0-0. Guess Sky are regretting television it.
    Team will have a few changes. Supposedly players who went off Thursday not injured, just cramp. Somehow though I have a feeling Romeo may not make it. Hopefully forwards fit.
    Allsopp
    Sang
    Ng
    Kipre
    ODowda
    Wintle
    Ralls
    Colwill
    Harris
    Etete
    Robinson
    I'd be happy to start with that 11.

Incredibly, Blackburn still haven't drawn a game this season. They have gone a total of 30 Championship matches without a draw overall, and 14 Championship matches without a draw at home.

Since 2014, the league games between Rovers and City at Ewood Park have ended as follows:

2014/15: 1-1
    2015/16: 1-1
    2016/17: 1-1
    2019/20: 0-0
    2020/21: 0-0
    2021/22: 5-1

The Championship current form table (last six games) has Blackburn in 18th with 6 points and City in 21st with 4 points.

Will Hudson actually try to win this one? I doubt it. It's got draw written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Incredibly, Blackburn still haven't drawn a game this season. They have gone a total of 30 Championship matches without a draw overall, and 14 Championship matches without a draw at home.

Since 2014, the league games between Rovers and City at Ewood Park have ended as follows:

The Championship current form table (last six games) has Blackburn in 18th with 6 points and City in 21st with 4 points.

Will Hudson actually try to win this one? I doubt it. It's got draw written all over it.
    Blackburn win written all over it I’m afraid

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Blackburn win written all over it I’m afraid
    I'm mainly working on the theory that Blackburn have to draw eventually. Having said that, if there's one team in this division that are in a false position, I'd say it's them. No way are they as good as their league position suggests, although in fairness the Championship is rubbish anyway barring the top two. If Blackburn were 11th or 12th it would be about right as far as I'm concerned. I'll be surprised if they finish in the top ten.

Its hard to say who is in a false position when Sunderland sit so high because they were terrible against us.

The other game between us in the Championship since our return in 2003 was a 4-1 City win in 2012/13. 5 draws and two heavy defeats. Last season's defeat was the only time in those 7 games where Rovers actually led against us, having rescued a pointin all of the 1-1 draws, twice in the dying moments. In fact, in the two home scoring draws against them they levelled right at the end. In the 3-2 defeat at home they equalised twice. I make it that, of the 16 goals they've scored against us since 2012, 8 have been equalisers, while we've never recovered once falling behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its hard to say who is in a false position when Sunderland sit so high because they were terrible against us.
    I see Ellis Simms has been recalled , he was great for them , Sunderland have improved since they played us mainly down to him

Blackburn haven't drawn a game all season. 25 matches played and they have W 13 & L 12

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Blackburn haven't drawn a game all season. 25 matches played and they have W 13 & L 12
    That's exactly what he said isn't it ?

Before most games I think that’s a defeat, draw or win. I’m rarely right mind you.
    This time I really can’t make up my mind which way I think it will go.
    Blackburn up and down team, we’re crap but are capable of scraping a draw and who knows, quite often a sequence of drawn games heralds the start of a better run of form.
    Certainly not a match to put any money on.
    No prediction from me.

I'm mainly working on the theory that Blackburn have to draw eventually. Having said that, if there's one team in this division that are in a false position, I'd say it's them. No way are they as good as their league position suggests, although in fairness the Championship is rubbish anyway barring the top two. If Blackburn were 11th or 12th it would be about right as far as I'm concerned. I'll be surprised if they finish in the top ten.
    Let’s hope you’re right mate, would take a draw right now.

Put it this way, I won't risk wasting another £12 for a NOW TV Sky Sports Day Pass to watch 'em. Will stick with CCFC audio!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Put it this way, I won't risk wasting another £12 for a NOW TV Sky Sports Day Pass to watch 'em. Will stick with CCFC audio!
    If Audio, can't you get it on the radio? Save yourself a fiver (is that what it is now?), But yourself a couple of long sleeve T shirts (wrong thread?).

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Before most games I think that’s a defeat, draw or win. I’m rarely right mind you.
    You are right every time. It's always a defeat, draw or win.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Hedging my bets.😀
    HNY

The 500 fans going up there deserve a medal

Bluebirds

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The 500 fans going up there deserve a medal

Bluebirds
    They're either single, in rocky relationships, or just plain mad!

Bless em all

Right. I’m off to bed. Best of luck to all the fans that have been on a bus for 2 hours already. Bring back those 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post

Abandoned !

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    They're either single, in rocky relationships, or just plain mad!

Bless em all
    Not just a few hundred miles but an early k o, anyone think the gods are against us this season?

Some interesting changes. Sang and Simpson both in, Robinson back.