+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Millennials are shattering the oldest rule in politics'

Re: 'Millennials are shattering the oldest rule in politics'

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I also agree with the sentiment in that thread, I think for the most part jobs have got harder. I don't think CEO's work 10 times harder than they did 40 years ago or that they now work 63 times harder than their average worker just because some CEO's now manage international businesses.

These days you could have a video conference with clients in Tokyo, Sydney and New York and you can all discuss and edit digital documents or blueprints in real time, all of which is done without leaving the office.

Compare that to 40 years ago with a CEO having a similar meeting to discuss a business operating in London, Manchester and Glasgow for example. I don't think it was 10 times easier 40 years ago just because you're all in the same country.
    My wife is not quite CEO level but not far off and whilst she can’t vouch for 40 years ago, her role has certainly become more challenging since the work from home mantra has been introduced.

Granted air trips are now almost zero for her , but the working week in hourly terms and general deadline demands are at times unrealistic.

International businesses existed 40 years ago.

Arguably the invention of the internet and communication formats like emails, video conferences, file sharing, online document editing, etc would make an international CEO's job easier than a national CEO from 40 years ago who was dealing with pen and paper.
    I know, it’s weird apparently believing that there were no such thing as multinationals forty years ago, but even if there wasn’t are we really supposed to believe that CEOs work ten times harder now while the average Joe and Josephine are still plodding away at the same rate as they were in the early eighties?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I know, it’s weird apparently believing that there were no such thing as multinationals forty years ago, but even if there wasn’t are we really supposed to believe that CEOs work ten times harder now while the average Joe and Josephine are still plodding away at the same rate as they were in the early eighties?
    What a joke!

Any self respecting CEO gives all the work to his/her minions and spends all their time on the golf course.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    My wife is not quite CEO level but not far off and whilst she can’t vouch for 40 years ago, her role has certainly become more challenging since the work from home mantra has been introduced.

Granted air trips are now almost zero for her , but the working week in hourly terms and general deadline demands are at times unrealistic.
    I'm not saying it's an easy job, I don't think it is.

What I disagree with is HiVis arguing that CEOs deserve the much larger wage gap than 40 years ago, because now some businesses are international so that makes the job 10x harder.

Multi national companies aren't something new and compared to 40 years ago the improvement in communication technology will have made certain aspects of the job a lot easier. Also what's the average wage like for CEOs of companies that aren't international? I can bet they're not still only 6x more than the average employee.

I'm not saying it's an easy job, I don't think it is.

What I disagree with is HiVis arguing that CEOs deserve the much larger wage gap than 40 years ago, because now some businesses are international so that makes the job 10x harder.

Multi national companies aren't something new and compared to 40 years ago the improvement in communication technology will have made certain aspects of the job a lot easier. Also what's the average wage like for CEOs of companies that aren't international? I can bet they're not still only 6x more than the average employee.
    Average wages for CEO’s can be misleading, when you factor in salary sacrifice scheme, pensions , help with mortgage payments ( If it involves a relocation package) and also dividends payable annually from the company shares , although this list is not exhaustive and I’m sure there are also other benefits. That being said the above is not just limited to CEOs.

A few mates of mine made large sums of money when Admiral issued shares to all of its employees and they were low level in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Redistribution of wealth! What more could anyone ask for?
    Tell that to the folks in Cuba

There is a thread on the other board arguing that jobs are getting harder and more stressful and I tend to agree , so I’m not so sure I agree in this instance with your post.
    Having worked through the various decades in manual , operational roles , management I would say that work conditions including hours , benefits , leave , time off , is ten times better now than then .

The world has less manual jobs now so I cant see it getting harder , stress it seems has come with a softer lifestyles and not bale to cope when the going gets tough ...

I can imagine back in the noughties introducing an hour a week over above breaks to allow folk to de stress , or work from home , paternity leave .

The unions , adopted European Law has defiantly provided greater protections and environments .

I'm sure if everyone had a 15% pay rise , taxes cut , for contracts with only statuary sick pay only , the stress would disappear as would absenteeism , 6 months on sick full pay back then lol ...

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Tell that to the folks in Cuba
    "Ojala Cubanito, redistribucion de la riqueza: que mas se puede pedir hombre?"

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Show me this survey.

Even if you're right and this survey did exist, the difference between your day and now is that young people have access to the Internet and communicate more than ever. The lies of the right wing press such as the daily mail and the sun fall apart from the slightest bit of scrutiny and young people can see it and are in despair at older generations lapping up the bullshit from the billionaire class.

Answer the question, why would any young people vote tory? How have they improved the lives of the young over the past 12 years?
    I don't know why young people would vote Tory - or Labour - or Libdem - -or Plaid. It's up to them. Discussing party politics has to be the most boring subject on the planet.

"Ojala Cubanito, redistribucion de la riqueza: que mas se puede pedir hombre?"
    Tourism income fell off a cliff during the worst of the pandemic and US sanctions signed off by Donald Trump in the last days of his presidency have exacerbated a foreign exchange squeeze that has left Cuba grappling with severe shortages of food, medicine and other basic goods..

Russia has also been providing cheap crude which cuba relies on for heating and lighting.

Tourism income fell off a cliff during the worst of the pandemic and US sanctions signed off by Donald Trump in the last days of his presidency have exacerbated a foreign exchange squeeze that has left Cuba grappling with severe shortages of food, medicine and other basic goods..

Russia has also been providing cheap crude which cuba relies on for heating and lighting.
    Si, sanciones de Los Estados Unidos! Batardos!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I don't know why young people would vote Tory - or Labour - or Libdem - -or Plaid. It's up to them. Discussing party politics has to be the most boring subject on the planet.
    No lockdowns and Covid vaccines are those. Politics is exhilarating

Si, sanciones de Los Estados Unidos! Batardos!
    Found Google Translate have you , Cool story Bro

Found Google Translate have you , Cool story Bro
    No never used it in my life. Do you recommend it? Hot shit Sis

No never used it in my life. Do you recommend it? Hot shit Sis
    No Welsh is my second language

No Welsh is my second language
    I was thinking of English

I was thinking of English
    “I was thinking of English” , are you sure you’re referring to me FFS no offence my Welsh is better than that and my French is probably on par

Next ?

“I was thinking of English” , are you sure you’re referring to me FFS no offence my Welsh is better than that and my French is probably on par

Next ?
    No I never shop there