+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can Anyone recommend Someone to Repair A TV

Can Anyone recommend Someone to Repair A TV

We had a powercut last week and the subsequent power 'surge' has left the TV (32 inch Samsung Smart TV, just over 2 years old) unable to switch on from standby mode.

I've tried every variation of resets through the remote, disconnecting from the power etc, etc.

Its my parents TV, and new is only just over £200 to buy now, so I need an idea of what it will cost to repair. Any recommendations ?

Thanks

Re: Can Anyone recommend Someone to Repair A TV

There's usually a small "power board" in them, it sounds like you may have fried that.

Probably cost around £30-40 for the part if it is that, and labour costs on top, so maybe £70/80 at a guess?

I can't really recommend anyone mind, but I had something similar happen a number of years back and that was basically the problem, wouldn't switch on etc.

ALWAYS use surge protectors though, they really are a bit of a life saver with things like that and a very sensible investment!

Try Budd Electrical on Caerphilly Rd, or Crwys Electrics on Crwys Rd.

Cheers both.

Are you sure it's not under warranty? Samsung are normally good at dealing with warranty claims. Mine needed a screen after 3 years and Samsung paid for it. Budd's mentioned above are very good but its been many years since I used them.