+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: creativity

creativity

the only player that comes to mind for creativity That we gave away is TOMLIN he would provide goals for our forwards and score a few too on top form he was amazing

Re: creativity

Alright mate..have a lay down and a Lemsip.

Quote Originally Posted by ivorall View Post
    the only player that comes to mind for creativity That we gave away is TOMLIN he would provide goals for our forwards and score a few too on top form he was amazing
    Have you been on the crackpipe a bit too much? Tomlin couldn't hold down a place at League 2 Doncaster and now plies his trade at Southern League Ilkeston.

Quote Originally Posted by ivorall View Post
    On that basis, so would Jason Koumas, Peter Whittingham, Steve McPhail, etc, although they are either retired or no longer with us, sadly.

We have Wintle and Ralls in the middle, they are the food equivalant of a dry cracker.

Tomlin was an enigma

On his day he could be as influential as witts

But whilst witts delivered all the time tomlin was still in the bar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    On that basis, so would Jason Koumas, Peter Whittingham, Steve McPhail, etc, although they are either retired or no longer with us, sadly.

We have Wintle and Ralls in the middle, they are the food equivalant of a dry cracker.
    Don't forget Rinomhota . God he's crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Don't forget Rinomhota . God he's crap.
    Preseason, from what I read on here, he was going to be our Messi.

Ralls' first touch is terrible, it often leads to the ball going away from him, in a direction that I'm sure he doesn't want to be going.
    However, I've found from experience on this message board, that you can't criticise him. Apparently, he would walk into most mid-table Championship sides.?

Wintle does the "unseen" things off the ball, allegedly. Well, because it's apparently "unseen" it certainly escapes my eye.

Sawyers and Rinomhota are weak as kittens and won't go for those 50/50 balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Ralls' first touch is terrible, it often leads to the ball going away from him, in a direction that I'm sure he doesn't want to be going.
    However, I've found from experience on this message board, that you can't criticise him. Apparently, he would walk into most mid-table Championship sides.?

Wintle does the "unseen" things off the ball, allegedly. Well, because it's apparently "unseen" it certainly escapes my eye.

Ralls is good enough

It's in other areas of the pitch we are not performing

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Ralls is good enough

It's in other areas of the pitch we are not performing
    Up front. Out wide. Attacking midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

I don’t see Wintle still being here next season if we go down - he’s a Championship standard player. Sawyers has been a huge disappointment and Rinomhota, who started the season pretty well, is adding nothing to the team these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Up front. Out wide. Attacking midfield.
    In goal, at full back, and at centre back. Apart from that, we're all set. Truly a dismal squad.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t see Wintle still being here next season if we go down - he’s a Championship standard player. Sawyers has been a huge disappointment and Rinomhota, who started the season pretty well, is adding nothing to the team these days.
    Sawyers can't run (as Stoke and WBA fans said), and Rino can't play. If you can't get into this midfield, you are garbage.

Rino hasn't scored more than 1 goal in a season. Wintle hasn't scored more than 3. Everyone's favourite "he will solve our problems" Ebou Adams hasn't scored more than 4 in a season. Sawyers hasn't scored more than 4 goals since 15-16. Ralls is our best goal threat from midfield, that issue is entirely down to Steve Morison's woeful transfer window.

As a side note on Adams, last season he had 0 assists at FGR, and had a pass completion under 2/3 at League 2 level

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

Wintle is here to break up the opposition play, and I'd say he does a fair job. A decent Championship player.
    Ralls is past his best, but he's still here, and he's slightly better than the rest of the midfield players we have.
    The problem is not really in the midfield, though, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The problem is not really in the midfield, though, is it?
    Disagree. It’s clearly a problem and therefore impacts all other areas.

We are toothless through the middle and means we’re lumping in balls from poor angles, only for it to be easily cut out.

Strikers drop deep continuously due to the lack of support and therefore aren’t where they need to be. We are creating too few chances and that is a massive issue of why we aren’t scoring.

It’s not the crucial problem, but it certainly doesn’t help it. We need goals which all of our attackers are firing blanks but we could do with far more chances.