+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brentford - Fair play to them

Re: Brentford - Fair play to them

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's unbelievable really

We are absolutely on our arses
    IMO i think we have been shite for years gradually getting worse by each manager and new player...every time a step down.

A big hello 👋 to all you twats in the pontypridd Liverpool supporters club
    I'm sure they read this board with regularity and will pass on your regards.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm sure they read this board with regularity and will pass on your regards.....
    They will be on the rugby forums now , ready for the 6 nations

Isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    IMO i think we have been shite for years gradually getting worse by each manager and new player...every time a step down.
    Well I would say that it's gone downhill after the initial success of Harris

beginners luck mate

I think most of us have forgotten that Harris rescued Warnock's season and got us into the playoffs. We thrived with no crowds. McCarthy did a fantastic job initially, got his contract and 2021/22 was horrendous under him.

We've lost our better players and not replaced them with like.

I think most of us have forgotten that Harris rescued Warnock's season and got us into the playoffs. We thrived with no crowds. McCarthy did a fantastic job initially, got his contract and 2021/22 was horrendous under him.

We've lost our better players and not replaced them with like.
    And failed to make a decent appointment since warnock

And failed to make a decent appointment since warnock
    I would have sacked him once we were promoted and brought in a manager who might have kept us up.

I would have sacked him once we were promoted and brought in a manager who might have kept us up.
    Well he very nearly did keep us up

Well he very nearly did keep us up
    Not really.

Not really.
    I win or so

Now if you want to have a go at him for not racing away with the championship after relegation then you carry on

But if you are going to criticise him for narrowly being relegated then you are being daft

He sorted us out , got us up and we were unlucky to go down

I win or so

Now if you want to have a go at him for not racing away with the championship after relegation then you carry on

But if you are going to criticise him for narrowly being relegated then you are being daft

He sorted us out , got us up and we were unlucky to go down
    We were rarely out of the relegation zone. We bottled games against the big sides. We should have stayed up. We didn't. That's down to Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    We should and could learn so much from them....even Wrexham could give us a lesson in how to run and manage a club.
    If we had a couple of Hollywood actors take us over, no doubt it would be Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein. Not the enlightened two who took over Wrexham.

We were rarely out of the relegation zone. We bottled games against the big sides. We should have stayed up. We didn't. That's down to Warnock.
    Ultimately, it was down to points lost when a ref allowed a Chelsea goal that was two yards offside, plus a dozen other dodgy decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Ultimately, it was down to points lost when a ref allowed a Chelsea goal that was two yards offside, plus a dozen other dodgy decisions.
    No it wasn't, it was down to us not being good enough over the course of the season. We had a terrible start that saw us playing catchup for most of the season and seemingly bought into some kind of inferiority complex which saw us bottle not just games against the big sides, but winnable ones too. We played with the handbrake on out of fear of what other teams could do to us, even when it wasn't warranted

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    That's how to run a club, have a clear idea of the way forward, put everything in place and get in the right manager.

I know I'm biased because my 10 year old grandson in a season ticket older there but you have to admire them.

Furthermore I hope they go on to stuff Liverpool. Probably my least favourite club of all time. Hate everything about them, including their fans. Like Klopp but that's it.
    Absolutely agree; they put our board to shame.

International

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    We were robbed on many occasions that season and even then we would have stayed up if it wasn't for the sad loss of Sala.

Liverpool are garbage. There’s nothing special about them anymore. Carragher was right when he said last week that they need to spend over £200m to keep up with the others. Preferably by a new manager,as Klopp is now past his sell-by date.

If we stayed up in 2019 what are the chances we would've gone down the following year? We had/have no plan. Warnock probably would've stayed on, signed a bunch of has-beens because of a dream his wife had and the club would've assumed everything was dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    We were robbed on many occasions that season and even then we would have stayed up if it wasn't for the sad loss of Sala.
    To some extent I agree with you, but the season is defined by what you do over 38 games in the Premier League, not just a handful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Absolutely agree; they put our board to shame.
    As a Jack I can say Brentford are a club that is "By Fans for Fans" as opposed to our mob.

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    As a Jack I can say Brentford are a club that is "By Fans for Fans" as opposed to our mob.
    Are you the crank caller ?

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    100% spot on and that's what's needed now. No more dictators with empty promises

The "two points" against Chelsea don't mean a thing. We didn't draw with them. We lost. We dropped 3 points not 2. And our goal difference was 10 worse than Brighton anyway. We also got 3 points against Man U when we were already relegated. And we failed to beat Huddersfield who only won 3 games all season. If Warnock decided a game was unwinnable the team just rolled over. He can **** off.

Are you the crank caller ?
    Do you shave your crackling?