+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neil Harris

Neil Harris

Currently bottom of league two with Gillingham and have only scored 7 goals this season. What on earth has happened there.

Re: Neil Harris

The expected has happened there.
    Just like it started to with Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Currently bottom of league two with Gillingham and have only scored 7 goals this season. What on earth has happened there.
    Terrible manager.

I would suggest Neil Harris happened there

Poor manager, and just simply found out

Wonder if they’ll bin him and appoint Morison ........in this season’s managerial merry go round no bugger has took a punt yet on Mr Charisma.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Wonder if they’ll bin him and appoint Morison ........in this season’s managerial merry go round no bugger has took a punt yet on Mr Charisma.
    They’re all frightened to take a chance on him because he tells it like it is. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Nah, even there not that stupid

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Nah, even there not that stupid
    I'm telling myself you did that on purpose

What exactly did they expect?

How he even got considered for a job here is incredible. Almost as bad as OGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Yeah, he only took the team into the play-offs. Absolute disaster.

What happened to Slade? Do people ever work again after being here?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He had a few jobs but never lasted long, think he still lives in Penarth though.

Every manager post Harris, has been considerably worse than Harris.

Gillingham is an absolute basket case, why Harris took that job I don't know but he's probably a mediocre League One manager, which is more than Morison and Hudson.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He had a few jobs but never lasted long, think he still lives in Penarth though.
    Then tide runs back out every time it sees his miserable face.

He's working with footballers to sue over their data being kept.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...ance-data.html

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    No, but We’re going a step further now though. It’s now the first AND last management job for whoever gets it

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yeah, he only took the team into the play-offs. Absolute disaster.
    it was Tomlin that took the team into the play-offs, playing the best season of his career. The other players responded to Tomlin, not to Harris. Just my thoughts. You will probably disagree with me, which is fair enough. Everyone has an opinion and they can't all be the same

harris was always clueless . just showing his worth..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    it was Tomlin that took the team into the play-offs, playing the best season of his career. The other players responded to Tomlin, not to Harris. Just my thoughts. You will probably disagree with me, which is fair enough. Everyone has an opinion and they can't all be the same
    Harris granted Tomlin the freedom to do it though, had a team of hard working players around him and focused on what Tomlin could do rather than what he couldn't, plenty of managers have never really figured out what to do with Tomlin at this level so Harris deserves credit for recognising that at least.

Feels like people forget that playoff campaign, we were excellent in that second leg and should have taken the game to extra time

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Harris granted Tomlin the freedom to do it though, had a team of hard working players around him and focused on what Tomlin could do rather than what he couldn't, plenty of managers have never really figured out what to do with Tomlin at this level so Harris deserves credit for recognising that at least.

Feels like people forget that playoff campaign, we were excellent in that second leg and should have taken the game to extra time
    Tomlin also loves Harris, I'm sure he says he's the best manager he's played under.

We also didn't have Tomlin much for the run in. We went 6 unbeaten without him starting, and won 4 of them. Neil Harris also signed Kieffer, a 20 goal a season striker and someone we made a profit on. Harris isn't great but he is a far, far better manager than the shit we've had since. For a start, he left us in a better place than the one he inherited. We had a goalscorer, for a start. Nobody else can say that since perhaps Slade?

His win ratio was 38.7%, Morison's was 35.6%. He had 1.44 points per game. Morison has 1.24. Honestly, what people saw in Steve Morison,he had 45 games and he was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Every manager post Harris, has been considerably worse than Harris.

Gillingham is an absolute basket case, why Harris took that job I don't know but he's probably a mediocre League One manager, which is more than Morison and Hudson.
    Harris didn't work in football for a year after he left us, which is quite a long time for a relatively inexperienced manager. I presume that we were still paying some or all of his salary during that time, but it seems like a bad career move for him not to have got a new job in the summer of 2021.

He's a very decent man ,too nice for football .

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Tomlin also loves Harris, I'm sure he says he's the best manager he's played under.

We also didn't have Tomlin much for the run in. We went 6 unbeaten without him starting, and won 4 of them. Neil Harris also signed Kieffer, a 20 goal a season striker and someone we made a profit on. Harris isn't great but he is a far, far better manager than the shit we've had since. For a start, he left us in a better place than the one he inherited. We had a goalscorer, for a start. Nobody else can say that since perhaps Slade?

His win ratio was 38.7%, Morison's was 35.6%. He had 1.44 points per game. Morison has 1.24. Honestly, what people saw in Steve Morison,he had 45 games and he was terrible.
    I liked him because he was a different Morison one who is confident enough to operate NAMELY with one S.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I liked him because he was a different Morison one who is confident enough to operate NAMELY with one S.
    Yeah, but you don’t know your Rs from your elbow