+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sean Morrison leaving

Sean Morrison leaving

In January apparently

Re: Sean Morrison leaving

I imagine we couldn’t sign him even if we wanted to, given the embargo for the next few years?

He was told at the end of november 2022. He also thinks the 'club will go in to administration soon' as it's in 'such a mess'.

All the best. A brilliant servant.

A fit Morrison could have been a huge boost in staying up.

Gutting, just gutting.

Hull away was one of the best days of my life. Thanks for everything skipper

Will be very disappointed to see him go if correct

https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFC/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Confirmed by the club. Wrong move imo

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...e-cardiff-city

Mozza added: "No amount of words will be ever be enough to tell you what this Club means and will always mean to me. The last eight and a half years have been filled with some of the most incredible moments and memories. To every staff member and player I’ve ever had the joy of working with, thank you. You’ve made me a better person and I’ve treasured every moment. To the most incredible fans, my biggest thank you is to you. You are the heartbeat of Cardiff City. I always gave 100% and I leave proud and honoured to have had the opportunity to play so many games for this wonderful Club. Good luck for the future, Bluebirds."

I thought he would have had a part to play when fit, lets face it, he is great I either box, I thought he would see the season out here, then move to U23 coach and in a few weeks 1st Team manager

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Me too, I definitely think he's got a couple of years left in him if he can get full fitness back.
    Good defender, chipped in with goals from set-pieces, and a good leader on the pitch too, something we lack massively these days.

I obviously don't know where he stands in terms of getting back to fitness, but if he does stand a good chance then it's a big blow to lose such a player at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I thought he would have had a part to play when fit, lets face it, he is great I either box, I thought he would see the season out here, then move to U23 coach and in a few weeks 1st Team manager
    He's only 31! He won't retire for a good few years, especially after spending the last 9 months rehabbing his knee. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    It’s on the club website, but I reckon he’ll be back in a month as player-manager.

Think he was one of City’s best captains, he and Sol Bamba were a huge part of our 17/18 promotion - also scored what, in many ways, was City’s most memorable goal of the Millennium.

Best of luck to him in the future, hope he finds a new club soon.

He has looked very slow and ponderous in the u23 matches he's played recently.

If this month is decision time for whether the club could offer him a contract or not (even just one to the summer) there can't be much surprise that they passed. Peak Mozzer would be immense (at both ends of the pitch) but he is not anywhere near that level of fitness.

Maybe he will end up at Derby now they have rubbished the Curtis Nelson links for the nth time, and play on until the normal age of Derby central defenders (57).

I wasn't sure about him at the start - not helped by 'that video' - but he went on to be a great player and captain for the club.

Good luck in the future Mozzer.

He wants to stay, The club has no money and need to offload anyone and everyone. administration is coming. *bookmarked

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's only 31! He won't retire for a good few years, especially after spending the last 9 months rehabbing his knee. Good luck to him.
    Yes, good luck to him. If he does decide to carry on playing it certainly won't be at Championship level.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Yes, good luck to him. If he does decide to carry on playing it certainly won't be at Championship level.
    If Gary Madine can play regularly in the Championship then I see no reason why Morrison cant get fit and come back.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

If this month is decision time for whether the club could offer him a contract or not (even just one to the summer) there can't be much surprise that they passed. Peak Mozzer would be immense (at both ends of the pitch) but he is not anywhere near that level of fitness.

Maybe he will end up at Derby now they have rubbished the Curtis Nelson links for the nth time, and play on until the normal age of Derby central defenders (57).

I wasn't sure about him at the start - not helped by 'that video' - but he went on to be a great player and captain for the club.

He's got a house in Reading, he's got something verbal that ways

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

A voice of reason. We have to be brutally honest, he'd be a liability in defence.

A bit surprised at that. Yes is is too slow for what we need now, BUT he is a leader and a motivator, something we lack right now!! Surely a role could have been fashioned for him.....unless we are THAT hard up.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    A bit surprised at that. Yes is is too slow for what we need now, BUT he is a leader and a motivator, something we lack right now!! Surely a role could have been fashioned for him.....unless we are THAT hard up.....
    Things are that mad pal! administration won't be long.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If Gary Madine can play regularly in the Championship then I see no reason why Morrison cant get fit and come back.
    Because Madine, although nowhere near the player Morrison has been, has kept his fitness.
    Morrison is not going to be given the grace to get back to fitness that he needs, by any Championship club.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Because Madine, although nowhere near the player Morrison has been, has kept his fitness.
    Morrison is not going to be given the grace to get back to fitness that he needs, by any Championship club.
    And look at how he has played throughout his career, he's been very physical, taken some big knocks. The other thing is that he is only going to get slower and it's not like his game is based around positioning. He's done, we wont see him again, and if we do, it'll be brief.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave St View Post
    He was told at the end of november 2022. He also thinks the 'club will go in to administration soon' as it's in 'such a mess'.
    HP?

And look at how he has played throughout his career, he's been very physical, taken some big knocks. The other thing is that he is only going to get slower and it's not like his game is based around positioning. He's done, we wont see him again, and if we do, it'll be brief.

correct, He's having knee issues, his knee feels diffrent.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    HP?
    horse!