+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sean Morrison leaving

Re: Sean Morrison leaving

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You havent got a clue
    Sludge seems to think that's all you need to do is roll up your sleeves, show some fight and that's enough. Ability doesn't come into it, hence his love of players like Willie Boland.

Sadly for us, Morrison was way short of the pace last season before his injury. He's been fantastic for us and I wish him all the best, but no matter how much he is a leader and will battle hard, the fact is he isn't good enough for us any more. That's the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave St View Post
    He wants to stay, The club has no money and need to offload anyone and everyone. administration is coming. *bookmarked
    And you know this? Cobblers

Want
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Sludge seems to think that's all you need to do is roll up your sleeves, show some fight and that's enough. Ability doesn't come into it, hence his love of players like Willie Boland.

Sadly for us, Morrison was way short of the pace last season before his injury. He's been fantastic for us and I wish him all the best, but no matter how much he is a leader and will battle hard, the fact is he isn't good enough for us any more. That's the bottom line.
    There's a big percentage on here that don't seem to want to move with the times (both football and non football related)

Paterson as a striker was a good one...he's good because he runs

@dembethewarrior Lack of money...where did I mention that??

@Rock_Flock_of_Five
    But Maurice, you sexy anglo-franco stud - giving Morrison a job, which you have no specific idea what that might be, IS nothing more than sentimentality, surely?
    If you disagree with me, I will refuse to view any of the links you provide for City games!
    Wow....what a compliment....merci.
    I am just saying that there is no-one in the club hierarchy that seems to have the passion and will to win that he obviously has. Bloody hell, if nothing else he could be a useful sports psychologist!! As has been said...Hudson was a good club servant....but a motivator he is NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    @dembethewarrior Lack of money...where did I mention that??

@Rock_Flock_of_Five

Wow....what a compliment....merci.
    I am just saying that there is no-one in the club hierarchy that seems to have the passion and will to win that he obviously has. Bloody hell, if nothing else he could be a useful sports psychologist!! As has been said...Hudson was a good club servant....but a motivator he is NOT!
    "A bit surprised at that. Yes is is too slow for what we need now, BUT he is a leader and a motivator, something we lack right now!! Surely a role could have been fashioned for him.....unless we are THAT hard up....."

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFC/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Confirmed by the club. Wrong move imo
    Really?

We need a very strong XI and not a large team of maybe on his day which we have

Totally the right call in the embargo circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You havent got a clue
    We need players on the pitch who will fight for the team

Not divers and play actors

Ability isn't going to get us out of a relegation battle

You need players of steel who turn up and get stuck in

Not ponce about like Gareth Bale or Ronaldo

Boland is exactly the sort of power house ball winner we need

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Really?

You got it

We are a bunch of featherweights

The sort of players the know it alls wanted on here

Enjoy your pudding

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Ability isn't going to get us out of a relegation battle

You need players of steel who turn up and get stuck in

Not ponce about like Gareth Bale or Ronaldo

Boland is exactly the sort of power house ball winner we need

Im pretty sure with either Bale or Ronaldo in the team we wouldn't be in this position, but you know that

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Really?

We don’t have a very strong XI though.

The embargo is why we should keep him. We’re already playing one of our best attacking assets at Left Back because of injuries. Romeo is out for 4-6 weeks currently, if Kipre or Ng gets injured we’re left with Nelson or Simpson as cover. Without the ability to bring anyone in we should have kept Morrison until at least the end of the season.

Sorry to see him go, but we could all see his best days were behind him, over the last half season he played for us. Slow and ponderous - it was sad to watch. He's been a great player and captain for us over the years, but it's time to wave him off, and wish him all the best.

Now, about this 'administration' comment. Where did that come from? Is it a direct quote, or just a rumour?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Im pretty sure with either Bale or Ronaldo in the team we wouldn't be in this position, but you know that
    Bale and those types of players go missing when the dark nights are here and it's time to roll up your sleeves and grind out the points

We shunted out physical players that we desperately need now in terms of what the masses said was flair and footballers

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

No we'd be bottom of the league if their performances at the world cup are anything to go by

He was told at the end of november 2022. He also thinks the 'club will go in to administration soon' as it's in 'such a mess'.
    Talking of administration, would I be right in thinking that most of the money we owe would be to Tan and Dalman? If so, they're hardly likely to put us into administration.

Bale and those types of players go missing when the dark nights are here and it's time to roll up your sleeves and grind out the points

We shunted out physical players that we desperately need now in terms of what the masses said was flair and footballers
    You've become a parody of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    You've become a parody of yourself
    He's turned into Alan Partridge, i don't even think that he is taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's turned into Alan Partridge, i don't even think that he is taking the piss.
    I know my football

You don't have to have played the game at a high level to realise we need to roll our sleeves , get stuck in and worry about pretty football when we are mid table

Love Morrison, what a captain and brilliant player. What an iconic moment versus Hull with that goal.

As soon as he got that injury we knew it was the end though. Wish him well.

I know my football

You don't have to have played the game at a high level to realise we need to roll our sleeves , get stuck in and worry about pretty football when we are mid table
    Sludge, you just accused world class players like Bale and Ronaldo of going missing on dark nights. Seriously, you've said some madness in the past, but if you believe that then you must be twisted up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sludge, you just accused world class players like Bale and Ronaldo of going missing on dark nights. Seriously, you've said some madness in the past, but if you believe that then you must be twisted up.
    Well Bale went missing for large periods of our world cup group games

And Ronaldo is a pathetic petulant child

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    HP?
    Don't hold your breath for answer..

Talking of administration, would I be right in thinking that most of the money we owe would be to Tan and Dalman? If so, they're hardly likely to put us into administration.
    It undoubtedly has a lot to do with the Sala situation if at all true.
    They clearly don't want to stump up the money along with the millions probably blown on lawyers fees, so administration may well be the loophole used to navigate some rather treacherous financial waters.

Morrison isn't near match fitness and who knows if he will recover fully after his injury. Maybe he has other ideas or offers and fancies a new challenge..
    He's a leader but some fans need to take off the rose tinted specs

He was told at the end of november 2022. He also thinks the 'club will go in to administration soon' as it's in 'such a mess'.
    Is this a direct quote from Hudson? Did he actually say that he thinks we will be in administration soon.
    Am I missing something here?
    Last edited by John Buchanan; 05-01-23 at 19:55. Reason: Hadnt finished