+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hudson Interview.

Re: Hudson Interview.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No it isn't surprising and I was baffled this summer when people were lauding the transfer window, it was a poor window. It says it all that we're lauding Callum O'Dowda, who's never been more than an average player at this level, as some kind of worldbeater and pinning our hopes on Ebou Adams (who at 26 has never played at this level) being our saviour when he's back from injury

The board certainly shouldn't have given the window to Morison that's on them, however the way he chose to spend the money he was given is on him, he was more than happy to take the credit so he should take the blame
    Good players - Robinson, O'Dowda, Collins, Kipre, Romeo, Philogene
    OK (and generous with some) - Rino, Etete, Allsop
    Bad - Ojo, Sawyers, Nkounko, Simpson
    Unknowns/young (again, generous with some) - Daley-Campbell, Tanner, Adams, Alnwick

Some of the good players are genuinely good. I think O'Dowda is the pick of the bunch, if he was a left back earlier in his career, he wouldn't play for us. Robinson is as good as expected, Romeo better. The OK players are fine, I don't think Allsop stops much but he's not to blame. Etete has something but is so raw. To be honest, I'd put Rino in the bad pile, and create an ugly pile for the rest but at least he's got his merits. The 4 bad players are honking. They're so bad it is criminal. Daley-Campbell looks miles off it, and I'd be surprised if any of them come off. Adams is a massive gamble who had a 65% pass completion in League 2 with a grand total of no assists. He gave the ball away a third of the time and didn't create anything with it so I'm hardly getting excited to see him come back.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I had a lot more confidence in us staying up under Morison than I do under Hudson
    Steve Morison was manager for 45 games. He got 16 wins, 8 draws and 21 defeats. He was a shit manager. Mick has a better record.

Just let that sink in. Mick McCarthy lost EIGHT games in a row at the end and has a better record than Morison. Young players had less opportunities under him too. When Morison got sacked we were basically bottom of every shots on target or shots taken in the division. We were about 4th in shots from outside the box though, because we couldn't create anything inside it. We had scored 7 goals this season when he got sacked. Seven. That's it. In 10 games, we'd scored seven times. He is without a doubt one of the worst managers we've ever had but that's OK cos the centre halves and Allsop passed the ball between themselves a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    100% I could see clear improvement under Morison and really thought we’d click. Under Hudson we look absolutely clueless.
    Me too. In my opinion, Morison just needed time. Of which had plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Steve Morison was manager for 45 games. He got 16 wins, 8 draws and 21 defeats. He was a shit manager. Mick has a better record.

Just let that sink in. Mick McCarthy lost EIGHT games in a row at the end and has a better record than Morison. Young players had less opportunities under him too. When Morison got sacked we were basically bottom of every shots on target or shots taken in the division. We were about 4th in shots from outside the box though, because we couldn't create anything inside it. We had scored 7 goals this season when he got sacked. Seven. That's it. In 10 games, we'd scored seven times. He is without a doubt one of the worst managers we've ever had but that's OK cos the centre halves and Allsop passed the ball between themselves a few times.
    You have to look a little bit beyond the base numbers I think.

The team that McCarthy took over in his first season had millions of pounds more player value and player wages at it's disposal - it should have been a lot better than it was.
    However for some reason McCarthy kept dropping Harry Wilson - a genuine quality player at this level and instead was playing Leandro Bacuna.
    Then into the next season - huge amount of cost cutting, McCarthy just gets worse and worse - the days of playing 5 centre backs were genuinely the strangest tactical thing I can recall from any cardiff manager - he had completely lost the plot.

When Morrison took over he also almost immediately lost our 2 best players from the first half of the season in Moore and Giles - take them out of McCarthy's teams and we would have been in even more trouble.

Then this season - even more cost cutting, and a whole new squad to try to gel.
    Yes there were problems, specifically making chances and getting shots in the box, but I feel there's a chance we could have gelled eventually under Morison- now we will never know so it's a moot point.

I don’t think that tells any kind of story, MM was a good short term appointment and did well for us until the next season when it was horrendous. That losing 8 games in a row was also the worst attempt of football I’ve ever seen from any team. Put it this way I’m more positive that Hudson will keep us this season than I would have on us staying up if MM had stayed last season. Morison took over and kept us up pretty comfortably in the end, a very good turn around considering our form and how low moral was. The new season and a huge turn over of players and result severe mixed to say the least, some good performances and some very poor ones, but it was always going to take time. We won’t know how we would have done given time but my opinion is I had more faith in him than Hudson. I suppose it’s the old would Malky have kept us up in them Prem debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    When Morrison took over he also almost immediately lost our 2 best players from the first half of the season in Moore and Giles - take them out of McCarthy's teams and we would have been in even more trouble.
    Almost immediately? Hardly. In fact, Morison had those players in his side for two months.

It’s funny how positively some people are now reflecting on Morison’s record this season. After all, the side lost to Reading, Bristol City, Luton, Millwall and Huddersfield under his guidance, and failed to score in five of his ten matches.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Almost immediately? Hardly. In fact, Morison had those players in his side for two months.

It’s funny how positively some people are now reflecting on Morison’s record this season. After all, the side lost to Reading, Bristol City, Luton, Millwall and Huddersfield under his guidance, and failed to score in five of his ten matches.
    Who would be your preferred option? Had we stuck with Morison or that we have Hudson for the rest of the season?

Who would be your preferred option? Had we stuck with Morison or that we have Hudson for the rest of the season?
    Should have stuck with Morison so he could own this god awful squad we’ve been left with. He’s had a get out of jail card by Tan pressing the trigger so early.

It takes a special kind of manager to be
    allowed to get rid of Packs, Vaulks and Bacuna and then actually make the midfield worse.

Neither.

The side scored more than one goal in just one game under Morison this season. While I thought his sacking was a little hasty, I’m almost certain he would have been booted out by now anyway. The squad he put together simply isn’t very good.

As for Hudson, I’ve said from day one that I don’t believe he’s management material and nothing I’ve seen so far has convinced me otherwise.

Take the bold option and appoint a football manager. We wasted what should have been an incredible opportunity to rebuild the team on a clown. Morison was dire. His football was dire. His transfers were worse. He’d have been sacked because Gavin Whyte is getting game time and he’s genuinely better than some of Morison’s signings, and Whyte is miles off the level required himself

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You have to look a little bit beyond the base numbers I think.

The team that McCarthy took over in his first season had millions of pounds more player value and player wages at it's disposal - it should have been a lot better than it was.
    However for some reason McCarthy kept dropping Harry Wilson - a genuine quality player at this level and instead was playing Leandro Bacuna.
    Then into the next season - huge amount of cost cutting, McCarthy just gets worse and worse - the days of playing 5 centre backs were genuinely the strangest tactical thing I can recall from any cardiff manager - he had completely lost the plot.

Then this season - even more cost cutting, and a whole new squad to try to gel.
    Yes there were problems, specifically making chances and getting shots in the box, but I feel there's a chance we could have gelled eventually under Morison- now we will never know so it's a moot point.
    Morison had two transfer windows. His football was shit. He had Moore and Giles for 2 months. Wilson basically played every game under Mick, he didn’t start about 5 of 25. There’s a chance it would have gelled but 45 games in, Morison’s sides rarely scored. It isn’t a coincidence, the bloke isn’t a good manager.

Mick genuinely lost the plot, and his side still carried a greater threat than Morison’s. His biggest failing was the complete waste of time that was the end of last season, fannying on with various formations he was never going to play. He should have stuck with 433, which he clearly wanted to play and gone with it. It was risk free, and he could have worked out some of the kinks. He didn’t, and here we are. He’s not very bright, he’s the most thin skinned manager I’ve ever seen and he’s useless. It is not difficult to get a side to do what he did. Any team can keep the ball in the first two thirds, especially when teams know you can’t break them down. Teams just let us have it and hit us on the break time and time again.

It’s an indication of Morison’s standing in the game that in the usual sacking frenzy not one club have been willing to take a punt on him. Plenty, if not all, of failed managers always turn up somewhere else, not Mr Charisma though.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s an indication of Morison’s standing in the game that in the usual sacking frenzy not one club have been willing to take a punt on him. Plenty, if not all, of failed managers always turn up somewhere else, not Mr Charisma though.
    We are probably still paying him.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not even linked with anything either

We are probably still paying him.
    He was only on a contract to the end of the season. He’s not in a position to turn down jobs because he’s getting paid by City for 6 months

He was only on a contract to the end of the season. He’s not in a position to turn down jobs because he’s getting paid by City for 6 months
    I don’t know his financial situation sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Not even linked with anything either
    Hardly a surprise given the way he treats young players. Word has obviously got around.