+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What does that game tell us?

Re: What does that game tell us?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Centre of midfield we looked much improved…until Ralls and Wintle came on

Personally I’d think about dropping both for the next couple of games.

Sawyers did enough to get himself back on the bench. Fair play to him for not sulking
    The problem with both Ralls and Wintle is they have a tendency to slow play down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    The problem with both Ralls and Wintle is they have a tendency to slow play down.
    We needed to slow the game down yesterday and get hold of the ball. Ralls played 4 minutes as well, and we were getting absolutely battered by this point so it is a complete nonsense it is their fault. Ralls won that free kick late on deep in their half. Was about the only positive thing we did for the last 15 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Some harsh comments on here. They brought on a 30m striker ffs and the guy on left wing 2nd half was lightning quick, Sang couldnt deal with him, he was just too good.
    Gnonto has 8 caps for Italy. So quick.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Yeah Rodrigo is quality. I think it’s more disappointing that we didn’t quite have the legs to get over the line. Proud of the players though without a doubt. First time I stayed and applauded them off for a few games.
    I thought the players run themselves into the ground, couldnt fault the effort and it was cruel on them to concede so late even though it had been coming. To read comments like "spineless" and "gutless" is incredibly harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Gnonto has 8 caps for Italy. So quick.
    Mental quick. We could have done with getting Sang some help over there but we were down to 10 men and to be fair to Leeds they used the extra man well.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Yeah Rodrigo is quality. I think it’s more disappointing that we didn’t quite have the legs to get over the line. Proud of the players though without a doubt. First time I stayed and applauded them off for a few games.
    We did switch off at the corner (Which I dont think was a corner) for their first but it was a very clever run.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We needed to slow the game down yesterday and get hold of the ball. Ralls played 4 minutes as well, and we were getting absolutely battered by this point so it is a complete nonsense it is their fault. Ralls won that free kick late on deep in their half. Was about the only positive thing we did for the last 15 mins.
    You're talking about a particular period of a specific game, whereas
    I'm generalising.

That we have to pray Davies stays fit and Hudson is clever enough to pick him.

It tells me that Leeds were hopeless, for a PL team they should have ran the show. No wonder they are at the wrong end of the table.

I think that game tells us how we have been mismanaged as a club in recent seasons.

Take our recent record against Leeds. We have gone from having the measure of them, to suddenly looking light years behind them… all within the relative short timespan of a couple of seasons.

As many people have mentioned in loads of other threads, it seems like the owners of our football club have messed up a massive opportunity to build on recent promotions to the Premier League and all the income that was generated.

I don't think this game has shed any new light on this City squad. They put a decent shift, as they usually do despite confidence slowly ebbing away in league games. Our defence is relatively tight - fewer goals conceded than 3rd place Blackburn, but in all honesty you wouldn't have thought Leeds' 1st half performance was from a PL side - albeit a weakened one. League form and cup form are so different - just ask Blackpool, who were absolute dross against us but put Forest out.
    I think we look like a side thrown together quickly, and that's no criticism of Morison, it's just what happened. Morison was probably banking on tweaking things in this window, but I'll stick to my original theme from the start of the season, ie if we stay clear of a relegation battle this season, that's a success. The flip side of course is that relegation would be an absolute disaster.