+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trust Statement

Re: Trust Statement

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why do we need to re register McGuiness when he is already registered as one of our players who is out on loan and he can be recalled under the loan agreement terms, thereby becoming our player again. More scaremongering ?
    I think with the ITK rumours and the meeting yesterday things are even more confusing than ever

Claimed by someone yesterday we are paying Nantes Wednesday and we cant play Maguiness until embargo lifted. Which will be lifted after after Nantes are paid.

Trust have said there was nothing said about paying Nantes. (I cant believe this wasnt asked so im sure we are not paying)

So looks like we arent paying Nantes and I have no confidence we will get the embargo lifted without paying. Just seems straw clutching.

As for Maguiness no idea. Id rather the trust had asked can we get him back than clearing up Warnock rumours but as im not a member I cant really complain.

The whole club is a joke at the moment which im sure you wont agree with.😀

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    At least there's a positive in there that Warnock won't be coming.

Why do we need to re register McGuiness when he is already registered as one of our players who is out on loan and he can be recalled under the loan agreement terms, thereby becoming our player again. More scaremongering ?
    Wales on line article this morning indicating that Hudson is chasing it up again as he thinks they can't recall McGuiness at the moment due to embargo?? It seems to imply he is registered with sheff wed for loan purposes and therefore he would need to reregister with us but can't due to embargo?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Wales on line article this morning indicating that Hudson is chasing it up again as he thinks they can't recall McGuiness at the moment due to embargo?? It seems to imply he is registered with sheff wed for loan purposes and therefore he would need to reregister with us but can't due to embargo?
    FFS what a mess.

For a couple of hours yesterday things were looking slightly more positive. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    FFS what a mess.

For a couple of hours yesterday things were looking slightly more positive. 🤣
    The comms from the club is getting worse and worse - only speaking for myself but all I ask is that we have an idea of what's going on - I don't want to be in the know or have all the minute detail just to broadly know what is happening to the club I support

I keep getting emails to buy half season tickets (I already have a full season ticket) but I do wonder on what basis we could sell the "product" (as apparrently we are customers) to new people?

It sounds stupid doesn't it. The only thing I can think of is that he's on the EFL squad list as a Sheff Wed registered player rather than registered to us, so bringing him back would mean re-registering him to us with the EFL?
    https://www.efl.com/news/2022/septem...season-202223/
    It looks like that would be allowed under the EFL embargo rules but not FIFA's.
    What happens if he stays with them until the summer and the embargo is still in place though? His loan deal will have expired so he can't play for them, but we can't re-register him so he can't play for us either?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    It sounds stupid doesn't it. The only thing I can think of is that he's on the EFL squad list as a Sheff Wed registered player rather than registered to us, so bringing him back would mean re-registering him to us with the EFL?
    What happens if he stays with them until the summer and the embargo is still in place though? His loan deal will have expired so he can't play for them, but we can't re-register him so he can't play for us either?
    Chelsea could sign Kovacic because he was registered to them, not Real Madrid. It isn't a transfer ban as such, we can still sign players, we can't register them to play. McGuinness will be registered to Wednesday, so we are stuffed.

Just another example of the knowledge at the club.

Loaning out a player we would not be able to re-register with us while knowing we had no intention of paying the Sala money.

Lovely bit of running of a football club again. Hats off to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    McGuinness is only a Wednesday player for the season (with a recall option that we apparently can't trigger under the embargo!) and after that surely he reverts to being a Cardiff player once the loan expires.

Eli King was loaned to Crewe until this month and now the loan has expired he is back at Cardiff and is our player.

But the communication about this whole situation has been rubbish. It is confusing because of the FIFA-EFL rules, but no-one has made any attempt to explain it. Hudson seems as confused as anyone. Dalman and Choo are silent. We are left with brief 'third party' notes from the Trust, doing their best to summarise the headlines from a fan reps meeting. The Trust and the supporters clubs should be supplementing information from the club, not substituting for the club because the club is treating the fans with contempt!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    McGuinness is only a Wednesday player for the season (with a recall option that we apparently can't trigger under the embargo!) and after that surely he reverts to being a Cardiff player once the loan expires.

Eli King was loaned to Crewe until this month and now the loan has expired he is back at Cardiff and is our player.

But the communication about this whole situation has been rubbish. It is confusing because of the FIFA-EFL rules, but no-one has made any attempt to explain it. Hudson seems as confused as anyone. Dalman and Choo are silent. We are left with brief 'third party' notes from the Trust, doing their best to summarise the headlines from a fan reps meeting. The Trust and the supporters clubs should be supplementing information from the club, not substituting for the club because the club is treating the fans with contempt!
    The communication is ridiculously bad but the club seem to be fine with it being that way.

Season tickets will be on sale soon. They won't have any issues with communicating that information.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    The communication is ridiculously bad but the club seem to be fine with it being that way.

Season tickets will be on sale soon. They won't have any issues with communicating that information.
    Doesn’t help that people “in the know” are making shit up

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Doesn’t help that people “in the know” are making shit up
    That's the beauty of communication though isn't it.

If you communicate it doesn't leave room for people to do that. Radio silence from the club actively helps people that want to make things up.

As others have said prior to this, the man who had his Twitter post put on here isn't the sort to make things up. Someone has a crossed wire somewhere though, evidently.

I may be wrong, but isn't the club faced with a one-off, 1st time ever situation ? I'm not so sure many other clubs would be fully up to speed with the minutia of the whole sage.

Kieran Maguire (The Price of Football) was on the Second Tier Podcast this weekend, they talked Cardiff. He said he had no inside knowledge but Cardiff's appeal to whomever seemed pretty fruitless. Interestingly, he said Cardiff were looking to sue somebody for 100mm of lost revenue as Sala goals would have kept them up. Sounded like he was struggling to keep a straight face as he was completely unsure who they were suing

He said that mediation between Nantes and Cardiff, for a realistic deal was probably the best route to resolution, but unlikely now!
    Last edited by OurManFlint II; 09-01-23 at 12:29. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    That's the beauty of communication though isn't it.

If you communicate it doesn't leave room for people to do that. Radio silence from the club actively helps people that want to make things up.

As others have said prior to this, the man who had his Twitter post put on here isn't the sort to make things up. Someone has a crossed wire somewhere though, evidently.
    Things have been communicated via the trust. We ain’t paying. They’ve said we ain't paying countless times. They’re usually clear as mud but they’ve been concrete on this. Yesterdays lie was not helpful to anyone

The Trust are doing their best to provide fans with information

If people are prepared to put alleged facts or blatant nonsense on line its not the fault of the trust

The absolute mess we are seeing behind the scenes of Cardiff City are not the fault of the trust and the very reason why as many fans as possible should join because if you are not happy with the way the trust deals with the club ......vote em out and put yourself up for election

The other site seem to think we're paying up on Wednesday. All apparently said by a 100% right, fully in the loop, never ever wrong, ITKer.

Either the club lied to the Trust yesterday or someone's been telling porkies on the internet

Be interesting to read that thread on Thursday, if it's not been deleted that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Things have been communicated via the trust. We ain’t paying. They’ve said we ain't paying countless times. They’re usually clear as mud but they’ve been concrete on this. Yesterdays lie was not helpful to anyone
    I don't understand why they are not prepared to pay and get on with it

It seems the internet whisper sucked quite a few of us in

It was looking good

The Trust are about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The Trust are about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
    They had a meeting with the club together with the supporters club

Yesterday on the internet it was said that the club was going to pay the sala bill on Wednesday

Understandably people were relieved

The trust later said that this was not evident in the meeting so it was clear that at present that claim was incorrect

And this was confirmed by the trust

What fault is this of the trust ?

Without the trust we’d have even less to go on - just the rumour.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Without the trust we’d have even less to go on - just the rumour.
    Absolutely

Everyone was really upbeat .....then really pissed off following the news we were moving forward but then standing still again

But for now it is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I may be wrong, but isn't the club faced with a one-off, 1st time ever situation ? I'm not so sure many other clubs would be fully up to speed with the minutia of the whole sage.
    How the embargo came about, fair enough.

The embargo. No, it has happened to many clubs previously.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They had a meeting with the club together with the supporters club

Yesterday on the internet it was said that the club was going to pay the sala bill on Wednesday

Understandably people were relieved

The trust later said that this was not evident in the meeting so it was clear that at present that claim was incorrect

And this was confirmed by the trust

What fault is this of the trust ?
    The do not hold the club to account. She might have liked the limelight but give me Sian Branston any day, at least she had a bit of gumption about her and wasnt afraid to speak out against the club, get protests organised.etc

Compare them to Merthyr Town, or Wrexham supporters, who actually run their owners out of town and took over their football clubs and our trust is one in name only. All fur coat and no nickers.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The do not hold the club to account. She might have liked the limelight but give me Sian Branston any day, at least she had a bit of gumption about her and wasnt afraid to speak out against the club, get protests organised.etc

Compare them to Merthyr Town, or Wrexham supporters, who actually run their owners out of town and took over their football clubs and our trust is one in name only. All fur coat and no nickers.
    I don't know so much. I always found she'd get herself in a bit of a pickle.