+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trust Statement

Re: Trust Statement

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The do not hold the club to account. She might have liked the limelight but give me Sian Branston any day, at least she had a bit of gumption about her and wasnt afraid to speak out against the club, get protests organised.etc

Compare them to Merthyr Town, or Wrexham supporters, who actually run their owners out of town and took over their football clubs and our trust is one in name only. All fur coat and no nickers.
    I don't know Merthyr's situation but Wrexham fans only needed to stump up £100k to take over the club. That's about a tenner per fan. That wouldn't cover a week of wages down the City.

The do not hold the club to account. She might have liked the limelight but give me Sian Branston any day, at least she had a bit of gumption about her and wasnt afraid to speak out against the club, get protests organised.etc

Compare them to Merthyr Town, or Wrexham supporters, who actually run their owners out of town and took over their football clubs and our trust is one in name only. All fur coat and no nickers.
    I liked sian . I have no idea where she is now , have not seen her for ages .

Was at several protests that were organised , not all by her . The event at the corporation was excellent .

I would vote for her if she ran for election to the trust .

There is a massive amount of money involved in this football club . I don't think we are in a position to run tan out of town unless we have a buyer .

How would you suggest the trust deals with the situation we find ourselves in ?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I don't know Merthyr's situation but Wrexham fans only needed to stump up £100k to take over the club. That's about a tenner per fan. That wouldn't cover a week of wages down the City.
    In a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    No Watters fan at all but with an embargo unlikely to be lifted surely he stays.
    Why? He's not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Why? He's not good enough.
    Because given the choice between not good enough and nothing is the stark reality of where we could be after a few injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Was at several protests that were organised , not all by her . The event at the corporation was excellent .

There is a massive amount of money involved in this football club . I don't think we are in a position to run tan out of town unless we have a buyer .

I think the plight of the club is so serious someone will be organising attempts to force Tan to leave sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think the plight of the club is so serious someone will be organising attempts to force Tan to leave sooner or later.
    Again that has to be backed up with a buyer

Again that has to be backed up with a buyer
    I'm pretty sure Tan would jump at the opportunity to sell if a sensible offer was made. I doubt any will be forthcoming with the £20m Sala liabilty still pending - not to mention the other debts to Tan etc.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'm pretty sure Tan would jump at the opportunity to sell if a sensible offer was made. I doubt any will be forthcoming with the £20m Sala liabilty still pending - not to mention the other debts to Tan etc.
    Well hes going to have to write them off, that much is clear. We are sleep walking into a Bolton / Coventry / Pompey situation.

In a nutshell
    Well Cardiff are a sleeping giant. 60,000 fans x £300 each. Thats 18 million to cover the Sala debacle and Tan can sling his hook for the rest.

I suggest it deals with it in a much more confrontational manner than pandering to a dictator and his mouthpiece, the shady car salesman, who keeps pissing down our back and telling us its raining. Well the club, and the trust, and the supporters club all play chummy chums and just accept whatever bullshit comes out of Dalmans mouth next this club will never sort itself out and it is becoming more and more apathetic by the day.

Tan clearly is not prepared to lose any more money, thats fine, hes lost enough (Although he needs to accept most of the money hes lost is down to people he has emplyed) so its time to move on and give someonelse the reins otherwise we are going to end up in administration and points deductions could see us back in league two or even lower if we are not careful.

You are always harking on about the 90s well I see no other option than to ramp things up like we did with the Kumars. Like we did (in the end) with the red shirts. Large scale protests seem to be the only way these ego maniacs seem to understand.

I suggest it deals with it in a much more confrontational manner than pandering to a dictator and his mouthpiece, the shady car salesman, who keeps pissing down our back and telling us its raining. Well the club, and the trust, and the supporters club all play chummy chums and just accept whatever bullshit comes out of Dalmans mouth next this club will never sort itself out and it is becoming more and more apathetic by the day.

Tan clearly is not prepared to lose any more money, thats fine, hes lost enough (Although he needs to accept most of the money hes lost is down to people he has emplyed) so its time to move on and give someonelse the reins otherwise we are going to end up in administration and points deductions could see us back in league two or even lower if we are not careful.

You are always harking on about the 90s well I see no other option than to ramp things up like we did with the Kumars. Like we did (in the end) with the red shirts. Large scale protests seem to be the only way these ego maniacs seem to understand.
    We had large scale protests with Ridsdale at the helm

He didn't leave because of them and I don't think tan will sell because of them either

Well Cardiff are a sleeping giant. 60,000 fans x £300 each. Thats 18 million to cover the Sala debacle and Tan can sling his hook for the rest.
    I said in a nutshell not nuts 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'm afraid for the good of the club he's going to have to wake up fast and realize he's not going to get anywhere near what he wants.

With all the issues going on I don't understand why he doesn't pay up, accept any offer and get out before it gets worse. He's given it a shot and it didn't work, he should give someone else a go for the sake of the club and supporters.

The Trust are about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
    The chair hanging out with Scam hamman was not a good look either, even if it was a personal meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    The chair hanging out with Scam hamman was not a good look either, even if it was a personal meet up.
    I think more than anything, that’s what the club was aggrieved about more than any other issues they had towards the trust. Probably affected membership take up as well

Gone very quiet on embargo front.
    Must be bad news.
    Seems returning loans by consent ok, King back, but when a club wants to keep a player ie McGuinness then he stays put.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Gone very quiet on embargo front.
    Must be bad news.
    Seems returning loans by consent ok, King back, but when a club wants to keep a player ie McGuinness then he stays put.
    King was a half season loan which has finished, McGuinness a full season loan (with a recall clause).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    King was a half season loan which has finished, McGuinness a full season loan (with a recall clause).
    Thanks for clarifying loans .Thought King looked decent today.
    So quiet on embargo. Must be bad news.😥

We still seem to have options in midfield, wonder if King will go back out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I think that for a number of people, rightly or wrongly, the Trust is still associated with Sam Hammam. I realise it was all a long time ago, and I personally have no idea who is involved with the Trust these days, but that association is there.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    We still seem to have options in midfield, wonder if King will go back out on loan.
    He's already played for us this season so he can't play for anyone else now until next season