+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gareth Bale retiring from international and club football

Re: Gareth Bale retiring from international and club football

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Been reliably informed by a good ITK source that was at the club and trust meeting that he's retiring in order to buy City.

Joint partnership with cock book Clive.

You read it here first.

Thank me later.
    Well we are supposed to be paying the Sala transfer fee this week.

Noting that I would have been 4 the last time John Charles played for Wales so no doubt Bale has been the finest player in a Welsh shirt that I have seen, the WC, a tournament too far for him but glad he played in the WC finals and that he got a goal, a statue has been mentioned in this thread 100% agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Noting that I would have been 4 the last time John Charles played for Wales so no doubt Bale has been the finest player in a Welsh shirt that I have seen, the WC, a tournament too far for him but glad he played in the WC finals and that he got a goal, a statue has been mentioned in this thread 100% agree.
    A definite candidate for a city centre statue, apparently he did play a bit of rugby at Whitchurch High which should surely qualify him.

Its sad news, the end of an era. We all knew it was coming although I personally didn't think this soon, some winter training and we'd see him back at LA for a season and another go with Wales for the next euro campaign this year. Not to be however.
    Thanks for the memories, some of the goals he has scored really did drag Wales out of the doo doo and some of the best times ever have happened as a Wales fan the last 10 years with Bale tearing it up, Euro 16 the absolute highlight.
    Players like Bale are once in a generation, my biggest fear now is we start sliding away. Its a huge job for FAW, the management and grass roots football in Wales to keep momentum going and keep qualifying for these tournaments, a very tall order presently.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    A statue in Cardiff city centre, please
    Next to Clinton Cards as well?

Interestingly, French media reporting Ramsey has told Nice he wanted to retire but has stayed for contractual obligations, and a move to PL or MLS is not ruled out. I'm not sure why he can't retire but maybe he just wants to come home.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A definite candidate for a city centre statue, apparently he did play a bit of rugby at Whitchurch High which should surely qualify him.
    Unfortunately, a statue of the great man would show future generations just what horrendous haircuts are about at this juncture....

goal_gareth-bale_w370uh4olquy1vut59n95pz2y.jpg

Re: Bale retiring from Wales duty

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Have you never heard of John Charles ?
    I've never seen John Charles play so I cannot comment. Charles and Bale are undoubtedly the two best players we've ever produced as a country, and if Charles was even half as good as Bale, he'd be one hell of a player. If some people say he's better than Bale, then Jesus Christ he must have been special.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I've never seen John Charles play so I cannot comment. Charles and Bale are undoubtedly the two best players we've ever produced as a country, and if Charles was even half as good as Bale, he'd be one hell of a player. If some people say he's better than Bale, then Jesus Christ he must have been special.
    Scored with a shot from the half way line on his debut for us against Norwich............great conserving of energy, Gareth would have tried to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I've never seen John Charles play so I cannot comment. Charles and Bale are undoubtedly the two best players we've ever produced as a country, and if Charles was even half as good as Bale, he'd be one hell of a player. If some people say he's better than Bale, then Jesus Christ he must have been special
    Well he did walk on water.
    Saying that, so did Tony Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Scored with a shot from the half way line on his debut for us against Norwich............great conserving of energy, Gareth would have tried to run it.
    Or get hacked down by his American teammate

well at least he went out in a blaze of glory

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    well at least he went out in a blaze of glory
    Aye, paying that €6m was more than welcome

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Fabulous!!