+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tanner's joined York on loan

Tanner's joined York on loan

International

Re: Tanner's joined York on loan

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Good I hope he improves quickly he struggled big time yesterday.

It sounds ridiculous to ask the question but does this now put him in a similar situation to McGuinness re: recalling him?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It sounds ridiculous to ask the question but does this now put him in a similar situation to McGuinness re: recalling him?
    I would presume so.

However they know this with all the loans so thats the managements decision.

good luck to him, needs to be playing

He needs the game time, he still looked off it fitness wise but also really slow in reacting and in thought to situation. Should be a good move for him as long as he gets game time.

I get that he's still learning and will inevitably make mistakes, however, his general fitness (not match fitness) doesn't seem to have improved much since he arrived from Lewes. He came on in the 63rd minute and his legs looked as if they were gone by the 80th minute.

i like the lad, was awsome against villa, i dont know what going on behind the scenes with him, folks say hes young this and that get over it, hes 20 ffs 17 18 year olds nail down regular starts in the prem if they are good enough, he did pick up some knocks and that put him back a fair bit, but foks say about fitness... he was like a steam train with a rocket booster engine against villa

he did look out of place yesterday as that was 1 hell of a game to set foot into when he did, i hope the play time serves him well and he comes back ready to start for a place

good luck to him

That haircut didn't help

He looked a bit over-awed by the occasion, and possibly not sure what was expected of him. Was he trying to score, or hold the ball up, or run it into the corners...?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    i like the lad, was awsome against villa, i dont know what going on behind the scenes with him, folks say hes young this and that get over it, hes 20 ffs 17 18 year olds nail down regular starts in the prem if they are good enough, he did pick up some knocks and that put him back a fair bit, but foks say about fitness... he was like a steam train with a rocket booster engine against villa

he did look out of place yesterday as that was 1 hell of a game to set foot into when he did, i hope the play time serves him well and he comes back ready to start for a place

good luck to him
    I imagine it's quite a step up from part time at Lewes to suddenly being a pro footballer

I wouldn't read too much into friendlies either, we looked like worldbeaters in pre-season

Agree with regards to friendlies, I’ve seen more than a few on social media refer to the Villa game like we actually beat a Prem team and some of those players who did well should be starting.

Without wanting to minimize the great cause it was for, pretty much everyone in that game was using it for fitness and trying avoid picking up a knock, I don’t think it really means anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post

good luck to him
    The bloke has never played professional football. He is miles behind other 20 year olds. Regardless of his talent, he’s got a massive mountain to climb. This move will be good for him, it’s proper football and he will probably get a few lumps taken out of him as well. It’s a good standard though, nearly every club is professional. The national League is effectively League 3, I would say the top 10 NL clubs are probably as good or the same as the bottom 10 League 2 sides. For a start, no promoted NL side has ever got relegated in their first season

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Agree with regards to friendlies, I’ve seen more than a few on social media refer to the Villa game like we actually beat a Prem team and some of those players who did well should be starting.

Without wanting to minimize the great cause it was for, pretty much everyone in that game was using it for fitness and trying avoid picking up a knock, I don’t think it really means anything at all.
    While that is true, and Villa did bring loads of players, they also played some 1st team players AND they all wanted to win, be it to show what they can do and get a look in for the 1st team or 1st teamers wanting to show they should be 1st team players

IMHO it was much more competitive than a pre-season friendly, all the players wanted to win

Oh and Tanner looked decent

If the club acquired Tanner and Etete thinking they were for the future what on earth were they doing by signing long term prospects when their managerial appointments are so short sighted?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    If the club acquired Tanner and Etete thinking they were for the future what on earth were they doing by signing long term prospects when their managerial appointments are so short sighted?
    I think SM thought he had the gig to change the way the club worked, youth and positive football

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    He looked a bit over-awed by the occasion, and possibly not sure what was expected of him. Was he trying to score, or hold the ball up, or run it into the corners...?
    I think he was purely brought on for fresh legs with no gameplan.

Davies ran his socks off and needed to come off so close to a recovery

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I imagine it's quite a step up from part time at Lewes to suddenly being a pro footballer

I wouldn't read too much into friendlies either, we looked like worldbeaters in pre-season
    A valid point for his awareness but doesn't excuse poor fitness.

I've seen people that work 9-5 that looked fitter so something to easily work on