+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 WIGAN ATHLETIC. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 WIGAN ATHLETIC. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Are we worse now than we were under Hibbet/Osman/Neal?
    Didn't we get relegated that season we had all of those draws?
    There seems to be a parallel.
    I don't think that we are worse, we have better players now, but there are certainly parallels to be drawn between the lack of creativity, shite unimaginative football and the fact that we are on the slide and have been for three years.

a kick in the balls

I tell ya that's entertainment, that's entertainment..

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    So many opportunities to see it out, NG gives the ref a reason to add on another minute or two, Philogene and Sawyers make a complete cock up of a 2 v 2, then with the game totally in hand Robinson loses the ball in the corner and for some reason we let them play it all the way up the field without fouling, launch it into the box where somehow Wigan have more players in there than we do in the 96th minute.

If it wasn't such a death knell for our season it would make you laugh.
    No one to blame but themselves. Etete just watched the guy clear upfield, no attempt to close down. They all retreated instead of putting their back four under pressure. The idiot in the stand didn’t help. They allowed the ref to put another minute on the clock. I win would have papered over cracks but would have been no cause for rejoicing. The first half was a disgrace…again.

The defending in these "highlights"... https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...diff-1-1-wigan

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    The defending in these "highlights"... https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...diff-1-1-wigan
    there was no defending! how many times in this short video were their forwards totally unmarked in the centre of the box and with total freedom to shoot?

getting round the back of our defence is not a hard task.

if we can see all this then what is that idiot Hudson watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    there was no defending! how many times in this short video were their forwards totally unmarked in the centre of the box and with total freedom to shoot?

getting round the back of our defence is not a hard task.

if we can see all this then what is that idiot Hudson watching?
    Very lucky to only concede 1.

Would it be that ridiculous to suggest that Morison comes back? He is still out of work and we've run out of coaches who have the played the match at any decent level to take temporary charge. Clearly the board/committee won't have another manager lined up. Was there a falling out behind the scenes that led to Morison's departure? Can VT kiss and make up? In the absence of a quality candidate who will be prepared to come to the club and work with what we have, is this really such a poor idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    Would it be that ridiculous to suggest that Morison comes back? He is still out of work and we've run out of coaches who have the played the match at any decent level to take temporary charge. Clearly the board/committee won't have another manager lined up. Was there a falling out behind the scenes that led to Morison's departure? Can VT kiss and make up? In the absence of a quality candidate who will be prepared to come to the club and work with what we have, is this really such a poor idea?
    Yes it would be ridiculous.

He put this shit squad together.

Yet got more out of them that the incumbent!

Yet got more out of them that the incumbent!
    Did he?

Im not sure of the points comparison but we were down the bottom under him.

We were 18th after 10 games when Morison was sacked with 11 points from 10 league matches. Hudson has 18 points from 17 games and we sit in 21st place. It's marginal but Hudson had 7 points from his first 3 matches in charge. Since then we have taken 11 from 14 matches and have struggled to beat bottom of the table Wigan at home, and ultimately capitulated to a draw !!! To change up the midfield after an encouraging performance signals to me that he is out off his depth. If Huddersfield were to find a win from their game in hand we would be in the relegation places. So yes, I think we can argue that Morison was getting more out of them. All signs are that we are heading for relegation.

We were 18th after 10 games when Morison was sacked with 11 points from 10 league matches. Hudson has 18 points from 17 games and we sit in 21st place. It's marginal but Hudson had 7 points from his first 3 matches in charge. Since then we have taken 11 from 14 matches and have struggled to beat bottom of the table Wigan at home, and ultimately capitulated to a draw !!! To change up the midfield after an encouraging performance signals to me that he is out off his depth. If Huddersfield were to find a win from their game in hand we would be in the relegation places. So yes, I think we can argue that Morison was getting more out of them. All signs are that we are heading for relegation.
    Ive no doubt we are heading for relegation and im convinced we would have been the same under Morison.

Hudson has the excuse hes working with Morisons awful squad.

Meanwhile...BBC report on Rotherham....
    "...But the hosts, with debutant Sean Morrison outstanding in defence...., "

So bloody frustrating. Getting too close to those relegation spots now

Re: CARDIFF CITY v WIGAN ATHLETIC. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    So many opportunities to see it out, NG gives the ref a reason to add on another minute or two, Philogene and Sawyers make a complete cock up of a 2 v 2, then with the game totally in hand Robinson loses the ball in the corner and for some reason we let them play it all the way up the field without fouling, launch it into the box where somehow Wigan have more players in there than we do in the 96th minute.

If it wasn't such a death knell for our season it would make you laugh.
    And that absolute bellend in the stand who held onto the ball before throwing it away from the player taking the throw in

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    And that absolute bellend in the stand who held onto the ball before throwing it away from the player taking the throw in
    Yep, they may still have scored a different goal but not that particular one. Funny how little things can have influence.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v WIGAN ATHLETIC. Match thread

Perhaps he didn't pass his protocols after illness, despite being both in the building and on the grass!
    This one statement more than anything typifies the utter bolloc*s that modern football, and those that work and live in it, and earn so nicely from it, has become. Say squad, not group. Say in training not on the grass. Just stop it, just bloody STOP IT….

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    This one statement more than anything typifies the utter bolloc*s that modern football, and those that work and live in it, and earn so nicely from it, has become. Say squad, not group. Say in training not on the grass. Just stop it, just bloody STOP IT….
    Assists ?

It's not American football ff sake

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Assists ?
    hate
    It's not American football ff sake
    My pet hate that has crept in is "transitioning" (between defence and attack)......I hate this kind of speech. We all get emails saying 'thank you for reaching out...." . My usual reply includes the fact I did NOT each out...I wrote a complaint.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    My pet hate that has crept in is "transitioning" (between defence and attack)......I hate this kind of speech. We all get emails saying 'thank you for reaching out...." . My usual reply includes the fact I did NOT each out...I wrote a complaint.....
    "Let's touch base" is my pet hate. I am not going to touch your base and you aren't going to touch mine, but you can get in contact with me.

jeez, who let the grumpy old men out

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    jeez, who let the grumpy old men out
    😀 I'm still sulking after watching that drops yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    "Let's touch base" is my pet hate. I am not going to touch your base and you aren't going to touch mine, but you can get in contact with me.
    "Thinking outside the envelope"!!!
    What kind of thinking goes on inside an envelope? Whatever it is it must be brief.