+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: €6m paid

Re: €6m paid

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The lad who couldn’t get a game at Newport
    Lennon Peake was at Newport?

I don't link the players with the club. You realise that yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    All this is a golden example of the old saying ‘damned if you do and damned if you don't’. Slag the club off for not paying the fee and having an embargo placed on us and when we pay up snd the embargo is lifted, slag the club off for not paying sooner and not disclosing a confidential matter still under negotiation, at a supporters meeting three days earlier.
    If you don't want to tell people, don't tell people. Telling a select group of fans when it almost certainly will leak, and then telling the rest of them to deny it is pathetic.

I hear we are planning to make a big bid for the lad Morrison at Rotherham

Glad it's paid.
    I wonder when the 2nd and 3rd installments will be paid, or are the club going to drag that out aswell?

So was it mentioned at the meeting with an instruction not to mention it, or was it mentioned off record, so when anyway was asked if it was mentioned during the meeting, the correct answer was no (apart from the person who didn't get the memo)?

How will the €6m affect FFP?

I’m assuming as it was on the balance sheet then hopefully it’s not going to affect anything going forward.

Finally some positive news comes out of the club and some people either want to kill the person who leaked it or string up the person that tried to deny it wasn't true.
    Only at Cardiff City.
    This issue has/had to be sorted if we were ever going to move on.
    I for 1 am happy
    Let's move on

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Lennon Peake was at Newport?

I don't link the players with the club. You realise that yeah?
    Shut up. Please. Just shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Keith was on here lying on Sunday saying nothing was said in the meeting, when it clearly was. So that's something. Why he felt the need to say that when he could have kept his mouth shut god only knows. As a paid up trust member, I'm less than pleased.
    Keith OUT

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

I’m assuming as it was on the balance sheet then hopefully it’s not going to affect anything going forward.
    I think it's fine and has already been included in the accounts (which I believe is why some people thought the money had actually been set aside to pay it).

It's been included in the accounts. Where the cash has come from, is a good question. I'm assuming Tan but not sure how that affects FFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I think it's fine and has already been included in the accounts (which I believe is why some people thought the money had actually been set aside to pay it).
    Hardly surprising given the communication from the club. It’s an utter shambles. As someone said above 4 years. 4 ****ing years. And let’s not forget there’s a family have lost their son. It’s shameful.

If you don't want to tell people, don't tell people. Telling a select group of fans when it almost certainly will leak, and then telling the rest of them to deny it is pathetic.
    I would go as far as saying it was a bit cuntish to put it on the supporters groups.

Hardly surprising given the communication from the club. It’s an utter shambles. As someone said above 4 years. 4 ****ing years. And let’s not forget there’s a family have lost their son. It’s shameful.
    The club were within their rights to investigate the matter before paying , and it’s taken so long due to the appeals process and ongoing litigation.

If there is anything good to come out of it then it will be the cessation of illegal flights.

Shut up. Please. Just shut up.
    What are you on about you arse?

I mention the West Ham boy who was linked to us but we were told could not come anymore because of the embargo.

You then go off on some tangent about him not getting a game for Newport. As I said, I didn't write the article.

Just because you've put two and two together and got five there's no need to get arsey with me. Not sure who you're thinking about but this isn't the same lad.

Keith was on here lying on Sunday saying nothing was said in the meeting, when it clearly was. So that's something. Why he felt the need to say that when he could have kept his mouth shut god only knows. As a paid up trust member, I'm less than pleased.
    Just to be clear , I have not lied at all.

There was no mention of making a payment at the meeting, just a general comment that there was very likely to be a development concerning the embargo later in the week. One club director present in fact commented that there would be very little point in making a payment as that would not directly result in lifting the EFL embargo.

Like everyone else I was therefore awaiting news of that "development" until this morning when CCFC were removed from the EFL embargo list. That led to an exchange of emails with the club which enabled the Trust media release this evening.

A message board quoted another fans` group representative as having said that the club were going to make a payment on Wednesday but that was something that person said he had known about for some time so not at or after the meeting on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Just to be clear , I have not lied at all.

There was no mention of making a payment at the meeting, just a general comment that there was very likely to be a development concerning the embargo later in the week. One club director present in fact commented that there would be very little point in making a payment as that would not directly result in lifting the EFL embargo.

Like everyone else I was therefore awaiting news of that "development" until this morning when CCFC were removed from the EFL embargo list. That led to an exchange of emails with the club which enabled the Trust media release this evening.

A message board quoted another fans` group representative as having said that the club were going to make a payment on Wednesday but that was something that person said he had known about for some time so not at or after the meeting on Sunday.
    How many members are in the trust , 20 , 30 ?

I wonder what's happening with the second and third installments then?
    as in the original agreement they were due 6m in Jan 2020 and 5m in Jan 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I guess they were sworn to secrecy until paid.
    Really the club were wrong to put the supporters at the meeting in this invidious position.
    We’ll I think it must have been quite public as the press hinted at it about a week ago

How many members are in the trust , 20 , 30 ?
    No, you’re getting confused with those who’ve joined in the last few weeks there - you do seem to have a problem with numbers don’t you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder what's happening with the second and third installments then?
    as in the original agreement they were due 6m in Jan 2020 and 5m in Jan 2021.
    Let’s pay the first one first …. The delays are only because of the appeals process and ongoing litigation, so I’m assuming the next one will be in line with the original time frame agreement.

Hi Keith

Were you lied to? Misled?

The trust statement said: “What is clear is that the club cannot presently meet the criteria to lift either.” Or was this just an opinion. What made it clear please?

Above you mention a director saying they don’t have the cash etc.

Thanks

Yet again our owner stumps up cash

Not bad eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I would go as far as saying it was a bit cuntish to put it on the supporters groups.
    Isn’t that what the supporters groups are for? To be the intermediary between the club and the fans?

If not what’s the point of it?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    "sources", that'll be Mark Hudson, he's said as much in a few press conferences.
    Camilla or Kate I would think

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, you’re getting confused with those who’ve joined in the last few weeks there - you do seem to have a problem with numbers don’t you.
    I’m not confused at all ,I asked the question because I didn’t know, and I wanted to gauge the percentage ( yes I know what percentages are) against the average attendance.

Anything else to bitch about old fella , rather than bitch about posters , perhaps say nothing