+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: €6m paid

Re: €6m paid

Even with good news there’s still infighting and bitching. How boring

Q
    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’m not confused at all ,I asked the question because I didn’t know, and I wanted to gauge the percentage ( yes I know what percentages are) against the average attendance.

Anything also to bitch about old fella ?
    I saw your earlier question along the same lines, you’re just stirring - it’s a bit pathetic really.

How many members are in the trust , 20 , 30 ?
    About 400 with increasing numbers recently.

Money could have come from from MSD Holdings, the Dell computer guy. He's been throwing it around lately, not surprisingly at 9 to 12.5 percent interest!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Just to be clear , I have not lied at all.

There was no mention of making a payment at the meeting, just a general comment that there was very likely to be a development concerning the embargo later in the week. One club director present in fact commented that there would be very little point in making a payment as that would not directly result in lifting the EFL embargo.

Like everyone else I was therefore awaiting news of that "development" until this morning when CCFC were removed from the EFL embargo list. That led to an exchange of emails with the club which enabled the Trust media release this evening.

A message board quoted another fans` group representative as having said that the club were going to make a payment on Wednesday but that was something that person said he had known about for some time so not at or after the meeting on Sunday.
    Keith in

I’m not confused at all ,I asked the question because I didn’t know, and I wanted to gauge the percentage ( yes I know what percentages are) against the average attendance.

Anything else to bitch about old fella , rather than bitch about posters , perhaps say nothing
    Loads of people were in the Norwich city Trust several years ago , free membership with each season ticket

You can't gauge the importance or whatever it is you want to investigate on numbers as a percentage of fans , its irrelevant

What we have at Cardiff City is a fanbase of whom number supporters who have always had a go at the trust , refuse to join the trust but DEMAND that the trust do all the work for them even though these people spend half their life having a go at them

It would be hysterical if it wasn't so pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Hi Keith

Were you lied to? Misled?

The trust statement said: “What is clear is that the club cannot presently meet the criteria to lift either.” Or was this just an opinion. What made it clear please?

Above you mention a director saying they don’t have the cash etc.

Thanks
    Don`t believe that I was either lied to or misled. The Sunday meeting didn`t say that a payment was going to be made but that developments regarding the embargo situation were expected within a few days.
    It was clear that the club was not in a position to lift either the EFL or the FIFA embargo as it had not paid any money to Nantes to satisfy FIFA and had not met the EFL criteria either by not clearing unpaid transfer fees.
    I said that the director stated that he saw no benefit in making a payment to Nantes, not that the club didn`t have the cash,

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Finally some positive news comes out of the club and some people either want to kill the person who leaked it or string up the person that tried to deny it wasn't true.
    Only at Cardiff City.
    This issue has/had to be sorted if we were ever going to move on.
    I for 1 am happy
    Let's move on
    Me too and many more

Bluebirds !

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Keith was on here lying on Sunday.
    Are you going to apologise now.

Just to be clear , I have not lied at all.

There was no mention of making a payment at the meeting, just a general comment that there was very likely to be a development concerning the embargo later in the week. One club director present in fact commented that there would be very little point in making a payment as that would not directly result in lifting the EFL embargo.

Like everyone else I was therefore awaiting news of that "development" until this morning when CCFC were removed from the EFL embargo list. That led to an exchange of emails with the club which enabled the Trust media release this evening.

A message board quoted another fans` group representative as having said that the club were going to make a payment on Wednesday but that was something that person said he had known about for some time so not at or after the meeting on Sunday.

How many members are in the trust , 20 , 30 ?
    At least ten times that

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Loads of people were in the Norwich city Trust several years ago , free membership with each season ticket

You can't gauge the importance or whatever it is you want to investigate on numbers as a percentage of fans , its irrelevant

What we have at Cardiff City is a fanbase of whom number supporters who have always had a go at the trust , refuse to join the trust but DEMAND that the trust do all the work for them even though these people spend half their life having a go at them

It would be hysterical if it wasn't so pathetic
    I wasn’t aware of that ,shame if that’s the case

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Even with good news there’s still infighting and bitching. How boring
    It's wearing

Don`t believe that I was either lied to or misled. The Sunday meeting didn`t say that a payment was going to be made but that developments regarding the embargo situation were expected within a few days.
    It was clear that the club was not in a position to lift either the EFL or the FIFA embargo as it had not paid any money to Nantes to satisfy FIFA and had not met the EFL criteria either by not clearing unpaid transfer fees.
    I said that the director stated that he saw no benefit in making a payment to Nantes, not that the club didn`t have the cash,
    Thanks for the clarification / reply

Tan finally realised that the club will be worth nothing in League One. I bet he wouldn't have paid up if we were safely mid-table.

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Thanks for the clarification / reply
    Yep , seconded

It's worth the fee alone for sensible factual information

We don't want to be scoffing ice cream down Ogmore beach

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Tan finally realised that the club will be worth nothing in League One. I bet he wouldn't have paid up if we were safely mid-table.
    Probably not, and I assume most of us would do similar in the same circumstances.

This was the fault of a dodgy agent that it seems we have no chance of pursuing

Great news.

But in hindsight we could have just done this years ago, saved a lot of ****ing hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's wearing
    Very

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Great news.

But in hindsight we could have just done this years ago, saved a lot of ****ing hassle.
    The club believed they had a strong case not to pay, they would have been negligent if they paid up when they didn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    The club believed they had a strong case not to pay, they would have been negligent if they paid up when they didn't have to.
    If they genuinely believed that sure.

But it just seemed hopeful at best, I'd imagine if we were comfortable mid table now with more than enough to stay up I doubt this would have been paid.

I'd love the club to recoup some of the money from those actually at fault.

I also wonder under the tragic circumstances whether early on Nantes would have been open to some sort of deal if faced with 4 years before receiving a penny.

Does this mean that the club acknowledges that Emiliano Sala was our player after all? It surely means that the rest of the transfer fee will need to be paid shortly.
    Either way, it’s a relief and a big step in the right direction for all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Are you going to apologise now.
    Yes, I was out of order and I apologise

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Does this mean that the club acknowledges that Emiliano Sala was our player after all? It surely means that the rest of the transfer fee will need to be paid shortly.
    Either way, it’s a relief and a big step in the right direction for all concerned.
    depends what we've agreed with Nantes I suppose, we might have said we can pay 6m now and call it quits or drag it out through the courts for another few years

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    depends what we've agreed with Nantes I suppose, we might have said we can pay 6m now and call it quits or drag it out through the courts for another few years
    That's my fear. We've paid this just to lift an embargo then we'll be arseholes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's my fear. We've paid this just to lift an embargo then we'll be arseholes again.
    It will stay in the courts. That much is guaranteed. We didn't put him on the plane, Tan/the club will look to get back some of that money.

My best mate works for an insurance broker in London and he seems to believe our claim isn't without merit and a good idea. It's going to run and run because £15m is £15m.