+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: €6m paid

International

Re: €6m paid

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Good news. Hopefully embargo lifted , Maguiness back plus 2 or 3 other much needed reinforcements.
    Has the FIFA embargo definitely been lifted as well as the EFL?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I think people need to stop critisising what is a very good owner who people are still bitter about the rebrand (which they are entitled to do) however need to let it go.
    I think some people need to learn to accept that others have different views and opinions, and they need to stop trying to dictate how others should think.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Nor me, paying the fee straight away was an option - an unlikely one perhaps, but I wonder what the club’s legal bill has been over the past four years?
    He didn't believe he is at fault so why would he, or anyone in the same position, pay?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I think some people need to learn to accept that others have different views and opinions, and they need to stop trying to dictate how others should think.
    Very true

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yeah. I think some people should also learn to take their own advice too.

Me being one of them before anybody pipes up.

Join the trust you soppy miserable bastards

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You getting paid a cut for anyone that signs up?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    You getting paid a cut for anyone that signs up?
    No

Have you joined yet ?

Not with people like you on board , thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Stockholm Syndrome at its finest
    Absolutely, all this Tan love in is pathetic. He could have paid up and continue to pursue his legal fight if he so wished. There was no need to jeapordize the good name and fortunes of the club and more importantly the well-being of a bereaved family.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Absolutely, all this Tan love in is pathetic. He could have paid up and continue to pursue his legal fight if he so wished. There was no need to jeapordize the good name and fortunes of the club not to speak of the well-being of a bereaved family.
    What good name did we have prior to this sorry saga ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    What good name did we have prior to this sorry saga ?
    You haven't followed Cardiff City long?

You haven't followed Cardiff City long?
    Yes funnily enough , when Hooliganism was the main topic , have you then ?

Yes funnily enough , when Hooliganism was the main topic , have you then ?
    Yes

Yes
    Ah, so where was this good name then?

Hammam, Leeds FACup , Panorama, Ridsdale , not forgetting the rebrand , unless you think that reflects well

Ah, so where was this good name then?

Hammam, Leeds FACup , Panorama, Ridsdale , not forgetting the rebrand , unless you think that reflects well
    Mere blips,, every club gets them from time to time. Cardiff City was around for a long time before Sam Hammam, Ridsdale, the Hooligan era, hehe.

I’m sorry but despite his clear faults anyone who says they’d have paid up straight away in tans shoes isn’t in the real world.
    It’s a desperately sad situation and awful when the family is looking on but Nantes could equally have dropped it

No

Have you joined yet ?
    Nope.

I’ve been a member in the past and been to a few CCST meetings but then my membership lapsed a few years back. Still undecided about joining again.

Mere blips,, every club gets them from time to time. Cardiff City was around for a long time before Sam Hammam, Ridsdale, the Hooligan era, hehe.
    Mere blips which resulted in low crowds , lack of investment etc.

Mere blips which resulted in low crowds , lack of investment etc.
    No that was due to poor performance and board mismanagement.

No that was due to poor performance and board mismanagement.
    So hooligan issues , bad press from high profile disorder and a well publicised rebrand had no effect of the image of Cardiff City did it ?

So hooligan issues , bad press from high profile disorder and a well publicised rebrand had no effect of the image of Cardiff City did it ?
    No, not particularly. Scores of clubs had hooligan issues in the day and have continued to thrive. Manchester United, West Ham, Celtic, Rangers, Leeds United to name but a few. It doesn't appear to have inflicted too.much harm on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Keith was on here lying on Sunday saying nothing was said in the meeting, when it clearly was. So that's something. Why he felt the need to say that when he could have kept his mouth shut god only knows. As a paid up trust member, I'm less than pleased.
    Nothing was said at the meeting about city paying up, that is the truth. The rumour must have come from another conversation somewhere other than Sunday's meeting. The fact that it has ended up being true, can i suppose lead many to think it had been mentioned at the meeting. Thus what you said seems plausible, but fortunately not true.
    Spedger

No, not particularly. Scores of clubs had hooligan issues in the day and have continued to thrive. Manchester United, West Ham, Celtic, Rangers, Leeds United to name but a few. It doesn't appear to have inflicted too.much harm on them.
    No it hasn’t but it has affected Cardiff City , that was obvious from the crowds in the 80’s

I don’t think Cardiff City’s image has ever been high at least in the time I’ve been following them. I’d argue that the rebrand has been disastrous image wise as it was self inflicted by the current owners.

The Sala tragedy was unprecedented and the club would have been negligent to have just paid out based on image and reputation

Not with people like you on board , thanks
    I wasn't talking to you

And whilst I don't have any say on who joins , if I did I am afraid I would refuse entry to conspiracy nutcases

Sorry