+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ring doorbell or alternative

Ring doorbell or alternative

Burglaries on the up around me, not sure what to fit on the house without spending a fortune. Please keep the replies relevant 👍cheers
    Last edited by tomcat; 13-01-23 at 22:28. Reason: Typo

Re: Ring doorbell or alternative

Ring floodlight is good

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Burglaries on the up around me, not sure what to fit on the house without spending a fortune. Please keep the replies relevant ��cheers
    Borrow a tiger.

We got cctv and an alarm for indoors with sensors and can all be accessed set from the phone. Best decision we made.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    We got cctv and an alarm for indoors with sensors and can all be accessed set from the phone. Best decision we made.
    Are they all indoors?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Whys that ?

Are they any better than traditional alarm mate ?

We got an Amazon ring doorbell. Think was only about £60. Quite impressed with it! Notifies the app whenever anyone walks past the front door and also films them. Obviously not as good as proper cctv or alarm system, but a good little bit of kit

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Ring floodlight is good
    Amazon ring floodlight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    We got an Amazon ring doorbell. Think was only about £60. Quite impressed with it! Notifies the app whenever anyone walks past the front door and also films them. Obviously not as good as proper cctv or alarm system, but a good little bit of kit
    What if they come in through the back door ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What if they come in through the back door ?
    We got the dog as back up lol

We got the dog as back up lol
    Wise move

As long as he remembers to put his teeth in

Burglaries on the up around me, not sure what to fit on the house without spending a fortune. Please keep the replies relevant 👍cheers
    I’ve got CCTV , which gives movement alerts on your phone a sensor alarm and a composite front door , although its just for piece of mind more than anything else.

If you have a keyless entry car, I’d definitely invest in a faraday pouch. PM me if you want further details.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Amazon ring floodlight ?
    Bought it on Amazon, lights up my drive and notifies me when someone is on it so I can see. I’m planning to hook it up to a pc when I get one so it records all the time which apparently you can do…..

Same here, had a dodgy guy knock the door when I was in the bath (missus answered the door) which prompted me to buy one.

Peace of mind for her as she can see who is at the door and decide whether to answer or not, also as it’s the only accessible place of entry it puts of would-be thieves.

Bought it on Amazon, lights up my drive and notifies me when someone is on it so I can see. I’m planning to hook it up to a pc when I get one so it records all the time which apparently you can do…..
    Drive eh, you must be a Tory

PC eh, a rich tory at that

Are they all indoors?
    Sorry not sure I understand or maybe I’ve confused it lol.

So the cctv is outdoors covers pretty much all around the house, front door, cars, back garden and side of house.

Then we also have an alarm which when set by either the box by the door (number
    Key pad) or on the app. They basically put sensors in key positions inside the house covering doors and windows and an extra sensor on the front door (basically any entry point) and should any of them sense motion or if the front door is opened (forced or otherwise) then the alarm goes off if it’s set on ie if you leave the house, night time etc.

amazons Blink setup is decent

the bell is 40 quid, you can see who is at your door

if you want to record all of it, you needs the synch module, which is £35 quid, but you can add upto 10 devices to that module ( so a few camera's etc etc ) and the module will record to a USB stick you can also save it to the " cloud " for 2.50 a device, or 8 quid unlimited ( per month )

bell battery lasts for 2 years they say, on 2 AA batteries

if you are going with the Blink, the inside min camera are 25 quid ( people stick them In the window pointing out etc ) or the outside cam are 60 quid

very easy to setup

I do have slight issues with the non-cloud option though, someone could break in, be seen by the camera's then steal the Synch module ? ? ? but they wouldn't know its cloud based either, so I guess its a visual deterrent

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Drive eh, you must be a Tory

PC eh, a rich tory at that
    I had it block paved too….. I’m phucked now

amazons Blink setup is decent

the bell is 40 quid, you can see who is at your door

if you want to record all of it, you needs the synch module, which is £35 quid, but you can add upto 10 devices to that module ( so a few camera's etc etc ) and the module will record to a USB stick you can also save it to the " cloud " for 2.50 a device, or 8 quid unlimited ( per month )

bell battery lasts for 2 years they say, on 2 AA batteries

if you are going with the Blink, the inside min camera are 25 quid ( people stick them In the window pointing out etc ) or the outside cam are 60 quid

very easy to setup

I do have slight issues with the non-cloud option though, someone could break in, be seen by the camera's then steal the Synch module ? ? ? but they wouldn't know its cloud based either, so I guess its a visual deterrent
    That sounds good….

I've got an eufy doorbell and other cameras, really good and you don't need to pay a subscription for cloud storage like you do with a lot of the others

What's wrong with a basic sensor alarm with a password ?

I had it block paved too….. I’m phucked now
    Running for local MP eh

Running for local MP eh
    Yep I talk shite really well my wife says so tailor made for it