+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MARK HUDSON SACKED

Re: MARK HUDSON SACKED

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    We played better football and were slightly more threatening under Morison. I’m confident we’d be in a better position but we’ll never know
    City failed to score in six of the eleven games Morison was in charge of this season. The last of those games was a 1-0 defeat at Huddersfield - a team so bad they've yet to be out of the relegation zone this season. If City were more threatening under Morison, then let's be honest - the difference was so slight as to be barely noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    City failed to score in six of the eleven games Morison was in charge of this season. The last of those games was a 1-0 defeat at Huddersfield - a team so bad they've yet to be out of the relegation zone this season. If City were more threatening under Morison, then let's be honest - the difference was so slight as to be barely noticeable.
    Yeah we weren’t exactly setting the world on fire goal scoring wise but were playing much better football.

Yeah we weren’t exactly setting the world on fire goal scoring wise but were playing much better football.
    How could it be better if we weren't scoring goals or winning games?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    How could it be better if we weren't scoring goals or winning games?
    I didn’t see anything as bad as our last four league games under Morison this season - we had weaknesses and there’s no great difference between the records of Morison and Hudson, but I saw more potential for improvement early in the season than I do now.

Results are what matter, but I thought we were clearly a better team under Morison, or at least it looked like we had a coherent plan and had much more of a cutting edge. Ultimately what did him in was Watters and Harris not putting the ball in the back of the net, which admittedly was a problem of his own making, but in terms of chances created and actually looking like a team who hadn't been thrown together in the bar the night before on the back of a napkin, it was night and day Morison to Hudson IMO.

And ultimately whether you agree or disagree, sacking a manager you've let sign 17 players just to let his assistant with less managerial experience take a crack at the job in the hopes thing get better is not the sign of a sanely run club. If we'd got an experienced manager in to replace Morison I'd have been fine with the firing, but that's not what happened and we are not in a better position now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I agree with much of that. However the immediate priority must be to avoid relegation. So what do we need? A rookie manager or a man with experience? Surely the club can't continue with their continual sackings of people with no experience. I believe the Board must know that. I don't think either there was no substance in the Warnock rumours last week. It seems obvious to me that Warnock is the man if he agrees to come. That may well be the best we can get at the moment and let's face it he has a pretty good record.. At least a Warnock appointment until the end of the season would give the club time to find a longer term appointment.
    I've said elsewhere I'd take Warnock, certainly until the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I didn’t see anything as bad as our last four league games under Morison this season - we had weaknesses and there’s no great difference between the records of Morison and Hudson, but I saw more potential for improvement early in the season than I do now.
    They played differently but neither approach was successful in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    I’ve haven’t honestly noticed much difference in the way be played under both managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    They gave Morison £1.5 million which no one expected us to spend to bring in a forward who is a step up from the sort of names we were being linked with and then sacked him a fortnight later. All I’m saying is that I saw more potential for improvement under Morison - perhaps I’d have been proved wrong, but we never got the chance to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’ve haven’t honestly noticed much difference in the way be played under both managers.
    Oh come on you must have. Some of our passing moves under Morison from defence to attack were quality. Under Hudson we can’t string two passes together.

Oh come on you must have. Some of our passing moves under Morison from defence to attack were quality. Under Hudson we can’t string two passes together.
    Didn’t look much difference to me , I actually thought it was mainly down to losing the left back.

They gave Morison £1.5 million which no one expected us to spend to bring in a forward who is a step up from the sort of names we were being linked with and then sacked him a fortnight later. All I’m saying is that I saw more potential for improvement under Morison - perhaps I’d have been proved wrong, but we never got the chance to find out.
    Robinson is a good signing, I think he’s a good player but he’s not a centre forward. I don’t think too much would have changed because he’s not the player we needed. You could argue we needed him on the left or in behind, but we don’t have a centre forward. Even Burnley play Rodriguez or Barnes

Spot on. It could be seen what we were trying to achieve, even if we were inconsistent. Given the number of new players and the late signing of Robinson this should have improved. We have made no progress under Hudson and there was no clear game plan. The team selections also became more inconsistent.

I totally agree.
    Had a small amount of faith it might have clicked under Morison or he at least would have found a way.
    Under Hudson it was a joke.

I couldn’t believe the team at the start yesterday, where 2 of our better performers, Kipre and Robinson, were on the bench against the bottom team. Whoever comes in, needs to be brought in quickly, as there are only 2 weeks of the window left to try and improve the team.

at least with Morison you could see what the direction was supposed to be. what they were trying to implement.
    yes it didn't come together as quickly as anyone hoped it would but I have no idea what Hudson was trying to achieve.

if they'd gone for a more proven manager after Morison then you could understand it, but the whole Hudson appointment has been bizarre from start to finish

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I couldn’t believe the team at the start yesterday, where 2 of our better performers, Kipre and Robinson, were on the bench against the bottom team. Whoever comes in, needs to be brought in quickly, as there are only 2 weeks of the window left to try and improve the team.
    Wtf was that about

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Weren't they both recovering from illness, where Robinson sounded particularly bad as he lost a few KG of weight in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    Weren't they both recovering from illness, where Robinson sounded particularly bad as he lost a few KG of weight in a couple of days.
    Your missing the point. Our fans are medical experts who know the ins and outs of the treatment room on a daily basis. If they think the guys on the bench are fit enough for 90 minutes, then they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Your missing the point. Our fans are medical experts who know the ins and outs of the treatment room on a daily basis. If they think the guys on the bench are fit enough for 90 minutes, then they are.
    That's a fair point

But failing to win yesterday meant he had to be sacked

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That's a fair point

But failing to win yesterday meant he had to be sacked
    Why? Are you suggesting that, if we'd not conceded in the last seconds that Hudson should have stayed?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Why? Are you suggesting that, if we'd not conceded in the last seconds that Hudson should have stayed?
    He’s probably suggesting that the win would’ve taken us to 19th with a good platform to continue the ‘improvement’ as seen at the club. The fact we couldn’t put Wigan away and another glance at the league table no doubt focused a few minds - or one in particular.

He’s probably suggesting that the win would’ve taken us to 19th with a good platform to continue the ‘improvement’ as seen at the club. The fact we couldn’t put Wigan away and another glance at the league table no doubt focused a few minds - or one in particular.
    Rubbish. There haven't been any improvements to the club. It has to be said that conceding a last minute equaliser is a shit reason for sacking a manager.

One conceded goal is the difference between improvement and no improvement? Crikey.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I would have given him another few games to get some wins , which is what we need

But his side blew it

That's exactly it