Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MARK HUDSON SACKED

Re: MARK HUDSON SACKED

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Sean Dyche- stands out a mile
    he isn't going to be coming here

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Hilts is the man. He’ll stop us throwing games away at the death even though we never do apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Dead man walking. Should have gone with Morison in hindsight.

Hopefully the chuckle brothers have already tapped someone up bur I wouldn’t bet on it.
    I think that's a good call . A clean sweep etc

As it is we have failed to get the car out of first

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he isn't going to be coming here
    My money is on Dean Whitehead…. Track record says it’s his

Sounds like Dyche has rejected other Championship offers: https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ch...ley-departure/

Could be a replacement for Lampard if Everton fire him after today?

No surprise really.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It really isn't.
    it's a solid mid table squad IMO , there aren't any players from Wigan for example that I would want here. we should be comfortably outplaying teams like that.

I think this squad are far better than the results we've been getting
    They are capable of doing a bit better but the team is crap, basically. How many top half Champ players do we have? O'Dowda and Robinson?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well if we get a decent manager in its in our hands

A win today and we would have been 3 places up , another after that etc etc

We were not going to get that with Hudson
    I think we needed to beat Blackpool and wigan at home to stay up. I guess Tan is getting his comeuppance after some shocking decisions

I wouldn't be negative as to what manager would consider this Job, maybe a novel way of seeing who's willing is to actually advertise the job and wait for the post. I would consider giving it to Colin for the remainder of the season and with the understanding that if he avoided relegation he's out all the same, it's been dire for years but its still I think an attractive job.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I wouldn't be negative as to what manager would consider this Job, maybe a novel way of seeing who's willing is to actually advertise the job and wait for the post. I would consider giving it to Colin for the remainder of the season and with the understanding that if he avoided relegation he's out all the same, it's been dire for years but its still I think an attractive job.
    I thought the first two years of warnock were immense

Swashbuckling , backs to the wall , us v the rest

Exactly the sort of football that stirs up ccfc fans even if some won't admit it

it's a solid mid table squad IMO , there aren't any players from Wigan for example that I would want here. we should be comfortably outplaying teams like that.
    I’d take the guy who scored today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Hilts is the man. He’ll stop us throwing games away at the death even though we never do apparently.
    👍 I appreciate your support.

I would consider giving it to Colin for the remainder of the season and with the understanding that if he avoided relegation he's out all the same
    You can't be doing that ffs!!
    What incentive has ANY manager got in those circumstances? They're not going to give a toss who they upset etc, just take the money knowing they're getting paid regardless...

It should be treated as a damn good job opportunity, not offered to someone under those kind of circumstances!

I'd be tempted to structure any future managerial contract offers.
    Reach certain targets and get x, y and z for example. Rather than throwing money at people like that...

Of course it is. We can sit here and say who would want to come to Cardiff and work for this basket case of a club etc. but it's a managerial vacancy in one of the most competitive leagues in world football. There will be plenty of applicants. Whether VT is prepared to pay the going rate though, or pick the right candidate are totally different matters. Remember when Dalman was "the cat that got the cream" with OGS?

You're mad. We've clearly got one of the six worst squads in the Championship.

Surely there has to be a point in time where the board look around at themselves and think, "maybe it's us?". Before quickly reassuring themselves and moving on to the next decision without any foresight or forward planning.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I thought the first two years of warnock were immense

Swashbuckling , backs to the wall , us v the rest

Exactly the sort of football that stirs up ccfc fans even if some won't admit it
    Of course they were.

People just don’t like to admit it because it isn’t fashionable and instead like to focus solely on his poor record in the transfer market when given money to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    You're mad. We've clearly got one of the six worst squads in the Championship.
    We have certainly got one of the cheapest squads in the Championship!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari_andretti View Post
    In 3-4 months it's a challenge, and I'm not sure our players have the physical presence to change into that style. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though
    You're right. Morison brought in 17 players to change our playing style. It was a deliberate move away from the long ball football we'd had under Warnock, Harris and McCarthy. Last season Morison's side was much more direct. I assume there was some dialogue between Morison and the board about changing our playing style.

Going back to a different style needs different players. You can't just expect players to play a certain way because a manager wants that. To a large extent, how you play depends on your personel.

Getting this side to play a more direct, physical game is about as laughable and possible as getting Warnock's promotion winning side to play a more possession-type of football.

Whatever happens, we're stuck with the squad we have. Whoever comes in will have to work with what we have, including the style they play. It's not the type of football that's at fault

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    We have certainly got one of the cheapest squads in the Championship!
    Given we've got about 30 pros, we're spending a lot more money than we should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You're right. Morison brought in 17 players
    And most of them aren't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    And most of them aren't very good.
    In the final third, yes, agreed. Defensively we're ok.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Surely there has to be a point in time where the board look around at themselves and think, "maybe it's us?". Before quickly reassuring themselves and moving on to the next decision without any foresight or forward planning.
    The problem here is we are working with men who hardly ever get told they are wrong.

They are almost always convinced that it isn't them. It is playing out here. The fall guy is always the bad manager that they put in place. They conveniently ignore the fact they put them there.

Nobody with any ambition will touch this managerial position with a bargepole. The club would certainly not align with their goals. We are a club running on life support trying to do everything as cheaply as possible.
    If you are doing this then the one place you should spend good money is getting a quality manager. Our board won't though.

They continually balls things up again and again but hold themselves above judgment. They then sack the manager and start again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In the final third, yes, agreed. Defensively we're ok.
    OK but not great. Who of the 17 signings are top half Champ players? Collins, Robinson and O'Dowda?