+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nathan Jones

Nathan Jones

Great week for him. love his passion and honesty, refreshing in the premier league.

Re: Nathan Jones

Deserves his place. We obviously missed a trick there.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't think we could have ever got him. It is annoying they've won their last two

If he loses two on the trot he will get it in the neck

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If he loses two on the trot he will get it in the neck
    already had it in the neck after losing first few league games. Fans chanting you don’t know what you’re doing. He’s a Rhondda boy he’s made of stern stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    already had it in the neck after losing first few league games. Fans chanting you don’t know what you’re doing. He’s a Rhondda boy he’s made of stern stuff.
    He's a Cardiff fan isn't he ?

He's a Cardiff fan isn't he ?
    Not according to those that know him but he did his YTS here and has an affinity for the club

Not according to those that know him but he did his YTS here and has an affinity for the club
    United , Liverpool blah blah blah

United , Liverpool blah blah blah
    Kids will be kids and support the best team. Watched the Manchester derby down Merthyr football club earlier today and a load of kids aged 8-12 cheering Man City goals.

year below me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    year below me.
    Was excellent for Merthyr. Colin Addison took him
    to Luton and Spain afterwards.

I like the bloke, he seems very earnest.
    It would be great for him to prove the doubters wrong after his time at Stoke.

Kids will be kids and support the best team. Watched the Manchester derby down Merthyr football club earlier today and a load of kids aged 8-12 cheering Man City goals.
    I wonder what would be Sludgey views on the kid aged 9 cheering Man United goals whilst watching on the phone in Block 109 before the match yesterday?

There were also a number of adults suppressing a cheer from 108.

It’s weird he’s so hung up about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I wonder what would be Sludgey views on the kid aged 9 cheering Man United goals whilst watching on the phone in Block 109 before the match yesterday?

There were a few adults cheering in the Premier Lounge as well , no issue with it as they are fans of both teams.

I usually cheer when a team scores against Swansea or Bristol City.

Jones supports Tottenham I was told that by a few of his mates, when he came home for a funeral earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    There were a few adults cheering in the Premier Lounge as well , no issue with it as they are fans of both teams.

Jones supports Tottenham I was told that by a few of his mates, when he came home for a funeral earlier this year.
    Nathan Jones appears to know what it takes structurally within a football club for that club to have any chance of success. He got burned once at Stoke. I don’t think there was any chance of him considering City at anytime?

I like his personality, honest and to the point. Interesting character too from the articles I’ve read.

His managerial style seems to be pragmatic and he’ll happily concede possession. Be great if he keeps Southampton up butwould be interesting if he can develop their play? I know a few Saints fans and they harp on about how they want football played and view Jones as a bit of a dinosaur.

Nathan Jones appears to know what it takes structurally within a football club for that club to have any chance of success. He got burned once at Stoke. I don’t think there was any chance of him considering City at anytime?

I like his personality, honest and to the point. Interesting character too from the articles I’ve read.

His managerial style seems to be pragmatic and he’ll happily concede possession. Be great if he keeps Southampton up butwould be interesting if he can develop their play? I know a few Saints fans and they harp on about how they want football played and view Jones as a bit of a dinosaur.
    I know a few older Migs and they say his style was more long ball earlier this season , but he was very very popular with the fan base as a whole.

I think for Southampton fans it’s all about results for the rest of the season , more than playing style. If they stay up, I’m sure he (Jones) will tinker in the summer.

I know a few older Migs and they say his style was more long ball earlier this season , but he was very very popular with the fan base as a whole.

I think for Southampton fans it’s all about results for the rest of the season , more than playing style. If they stay up, I’m sure he (Jones) will tinker in the summer.
    MiGs, the friends you keep!

Alan you’re coming across as an old ruffian

The wife lived in Luton for a couple of years. Can be an interesting place on a match day.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Don’t think he was ever free when we were looking was he?

Put Morison in his place earlier in the season - Who the Fk are you, and he was right.

My view is at least that lad is being taken to city

So hopefully by the time he's an adult he can follow the true path

As for grown men in South Wales purporting to be united or Liverpool fans ?

Well they can feck off

Adults at a Cardiff city game cheering goals against Swansea or Bristol is perfectly normal

It happens at Derby when forest or Leicester or Stoke lose

But I am talking about people born and bred in South Wales who think they are scousers and cheer when man United lose

It's pathetic

Adults at a Cardiff city game cheering goals against Swansea or Bristol is perfectly normal

It happens at Derby when forest or Leicester or Stoke lose

But I am talking about people born and bred in South Wales who think they are scousers and cheer when man United lose

It's pathetic
    I thought it was mandatory to cheer when Man Utd lose regardless of who you support

My view is at least that lad is being taken to city

So hopefully by the time he's an adult he can follow the true path

As for grown men in South Wales purporting to be united or Liverpool fans ?

Well they can feck off
    They come from every city in the country, not just a S.Wales thing though is it ?

It's taken him a while to fix the mess left by Hasenhuttl but you can clearly see improvement in how they play not just their results.

I'd love us to appoint a manager and coaching team who can improve what's already here. I'd have a clear out of all the backroom staff as I think they are part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Don’t think he was ever free when we were looking was he?
    Cost Southampton 2 million, never on the cards. He was hung drawn and quartered by a few on here the other week, seems to have turned a corner but can see a Middlesbrough, 2 cup finals and a relegation.