+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warnock not being considered

Re: Warnock not being considered

We need Welsh lad to come on with news to settle us all down 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Brian Potter I'd go for, go full comedy.

Turn the bars into the Phoenix Club, plenty of garlic bread and St Clair in as assistant. The first wheelchair bound manager ever appointed so a big disability rights statement too.
    Let's not have face painting for the kids though

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Let's not have face painting for the kids though
    Waiting for Sammy the snake to turn up

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    If Warnock isn't in the frame then that suggests to me he has rejected our approach.
    It suggest to me that Vincent Tan won't re-employ a man he's discovered has tucked him in the past.

"Neil Warnock did a good job taking us up, but then he creates a bad side and buys the wrong players. Murphy cost £11m, hardly scored any goals, then left on a free transfer. He was never worth that money. I was conned." (Vincent Tan, November 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It suggest to me that Vincent Tan won't re-employ a man he's discovered has tucked him in the past.

"Neil Warnock did a good job taking us up, but then he creates a bad side and buys the wrong players. Murphy cost £11m, hardly scored any goals, then left on a free transfer. He was never worth that money. I was conned." (Vincent Tan, November 2022)
    It would indeed be a remarkable about-turn, if Tan was to cast aside those remarks and reappoint Warnock.

Of course, stranger things have happened in football, but I feel Tan wouldn't let Warnock's past dealings concerning the club's transfers just slide.

Good old Vinnie showing his knowledge.

Murphy scored 16 goals in 132 games prior to coming to City. A goal every 8.25 games
    When he was here he scored 10 in 88 games. Slightly less in the goals to games ratio but hardly a world away.

Tan bemoans a player virtually continuing the scoring record he had prior to coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Good old Vinnie showing his knowledge.

Murphy scored 16 goals in 132 games prior to coming to City. A goal every 8.25 games
    When he was here he scored 10 in 88 games. Slightly less in the goals to games ratio but hardly a world away.

Tan bemoans a player virtually continuing the scoring record he had prior to coming here.
    Which is exactly the point...
    Who the f*ck wants to pay £11mil for one player in this league, to continue with the same scoring record?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Who the f*ck wants to pay £11mil for one player in this league, to continue with the same scoring record?
    What suggested to anybody after being at Norwich he would score any more here given the style we played?
    Just because we paid a daft fee for him he is suddenly going to go up a few levels?

I certainly wouldn't have thought so and he didn't.

The owner cries foul for any signing that does not come good. Sadly that is football.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Potter is warnock in a wheelchair

Let's have it
    we are more likely to get Brian from the magic roudabout

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Here's a novel idea, and it seems to have escaped Vinnie and the board.

If you want a decent return on goals from a player then maybe, and I know this is totally crazy, but target a player who has scored goals up to that point. Might be an idea.

Same goes for a manager now I come to think about it.
    Let's stop targeting randoms in our quest for uncovering the next Fergie and pick actual competent managers. Groundbreaking I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It would indeed be a remarkable about-turn, if Tan was to cast aside those remarks and reappoint Warnock.

Of course, stranger things have happened in football, but I feel Tan wouldn't let Warnock's past dealings concerning the club's transfers just slide.
    Quite. I strongly suspect some of the more 'interesting' aspects of Warnock's transfer dealings might have come out of the woodwork in the last couple of years during the club's internal investigations into the Sala case. Indeed, I'm somewhat surprised Tan hasn't threatened any litigation yet, although I'd guess the Chuckle Brothers signed off all of the deals, so that's probably out of the question.

If you want a decent return on goals from a player then maybe, and I know this is totally crazy, but target a player who has scored goals up to that point. Might be an idea.

Let's stop targeting randoms in our quest for uncovering the next Fergie and pick actual competent managers. Groundbreaking I know.
    You are fecking crazy, coming out with all this crap about the board using common sense in its decision making. This is Cardiff City with a crackpot owner and board, not some well run club with oodles of footballing knowledge on the top table.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You are fecking crazy, coming out with all this crap about the board using common sense in its decision making. This is Cardiff City with a crackpot owner and board, not some well run club with oodles of footballing knowledge on the top table.
    If the person pulling the strings can't see that to get goals you buy a goalscorer and not a one goal in eight winger then we truly are f*****.

If the person pulling the strings can't see that to get goals you buy a goalscorer and not a one goal in eight winger then we truly are f*****.
    Several years ago I remember Tan talking about Michu after Swansea bought him. Tan said that Michu was proof that you didn't need to spend lots to get a top goalscorer. In a way he has a point - if you've got excellent scouts and contacts at a club you might unearth a gem for not a lot of money. You might get lucky.

Of course we haven't got anything like that at Cardiff City - quite the reverse! I'm not sure what the opposite of midas touch is but it applies to our transfer activity over the last decade.

Several years ago I remember Tan talking about Michu after Swansea bought him. Tan said that Michu was proof that you didn't need to spend lots to get a top goalscorer. In a way he has a point - if you've got excellent scouts and contacts at a club you might unearth a gem for not a lot of money. You might get lucky.

Of course we haven't got anything like that at Cardiff City - quite the reverse! I'm not sure what the opposite of midas touch is but it applies to our transfer activity over the last decade.
    Everything they touch turns to s***.

If you don't laugh you'll cry.

We signed Bobby Reid at the same time to score goals but Warnock didnt make him a regular. We even had one game I think v Fulham where we needed a goal and left Reid on the bench and brought on Rhys Healey. To grab a goal no Healey was put on long throw duties.

The Sadim Touch

Tbf ..Tan seems very fallible to being conned. Mackay rinsed him like a banger in Ibiza

Like Eoin Doyle and Ronnie Moore ? Cracking idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We signed Bobby Reid at the same time to score goals but Warnock didnt make him a regular. We even had one game I think v Fulham where we needed a goal and left Reid on the bench and brought on Rhys Healey. To grab a goal no Healey was put on long throw duties.
    Not sure why.

His record was almost as bad as Murphy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Like Eoin Doyle and Ronnie Moore ? Cracking idea.
    I see what you've done there. Picked the players who scored before and they dried up when they came here.

Let's put it this way. I'd have more faith in somebody scoring goals if they had been scoring before than if they hadn't.

Not sure why.

I think we paid the money on one prolific season at Bristol City.

Not sure why.

I don’t think it’s fair to compare previous signings to todays prices.

At the time you have Jordan Rhodes being handed round clubs for £17m and Assombalonga for £14m

If they had a few good seasons in the championship they would have gone for more than they came to us for

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don’t think it’s fair to compare previous signings to todays prices.

At the time you have Jordan Rhodes being handed round clubs for £17m and Assombalonga for £14m

If they had a few good seasons in the championship they would have gone for more than they came to us for
    The two mentioned there are a world away from Murphy and Reid where goalscoring is concerned.

I didn't moan about the price of the players either. Tan did.
    Moaning for apparently not scoring goals when they had hardly done so consistently before which is just odd.

Almost as odd as the David Marshall not scoring enough goals comment. We should have had alarm bells ringing at that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Waiting for Sammy the snake to turn up
    Hammam wont be coming