+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't take your smelly dogs in pubs and restaurants

International

Don't take your smelly dogs in pubs and restaurants

Not my view but a topic on the next-door app, someone posted that and it's kicking off.

If you don't like dogs when you eat, don't go to a dog-friendly pub, but some are going mental saying don't take you little brats.

Re: Don't take your smelly dogs in pubs and restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Not my view but a topic on the next-door app, someone posted that and it's kicking off.

If you don't like dogs when you eat, don't go to a dog-friendly pub, but some are going mental saying don't take you little brats.
    You should know the calibre of participants on the other board is uninspiring.

Don't take your smelly people in pubs and restaurants .

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Don't take your smelly people in pubs and restaurants .
    Absolutely, particularly smaller ones.

Seems fair. Take the dog if it doesn't smell, but if it's a smelly dog then don't take it.
    If my dog was smelly I wouldnt take him in my living room let alone a pub/restaurant

Apparently they are very welcome in South Korean restaurants......

International

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Seems fair. Take the dog if it doesn't smell, but if it's a smelly dog then don't take it.
    If my dog was smelly I wouldnt take him in my living room let alone a pub/restaurant
    Well, I added the smelly, but that's his take on it, dogs shouldn't be allowed where people eat, quite a strong response from the dog owners, not really a problem is it, dogs are banned from most pubs anyway, just avoid those ones that don't if you don't like dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Apparently they are very welcome in South Korean restaurants......
    Racist.Reported

Aren't most welsh people these days very smelly due to being poor unwashed and eating seaweed?

Well, I added the smelly, but that's his take on it, dogs shouldn't be allowed where people eat, quite a strong response from the dog owners, not really a problem is it, dogs are banned from most pubs anyway, just avoid those ones that don't if you don't like dogs!
    Indeed. I am no dog lover but I allow dogs on the walks I lead whilst some of my fellow leaders don't allow dogs. Those partaking of the walks can choose which walks they want to be on accordingly. It's not that complicated.

I prefer dogs to most people.
    It's great seeing dogs in pubs as long as they aren't aggressive.

How many have you have taken home a smelly dog from a pub after the drink has kicked in?

I'm okay with dogs in pubs, as long as they behave, and keep to themselves.
    But dogs in restaurants? Are you serious? Who does that?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I'm okay with dogs in pubs, as long as they behave, and keep to themselves.
    But dogs in restaurants? Are you serious? Who does that?
    Punters in The Retreat and The Penn in Llanedeyrn used to take dogs in for protection.

We take our dog into the pub, but only after he’s been on a decent walk, so he’s tired. He’s never let off his lead and he always has a bone to keep him quiet. Unless it’s a proper country pub, I wouldn’t take him in if he’s filthy but the amount of people who will come over to smooth him, never stops. It seems more and more pubs,are encouraging people to take their dogs in but I would take him in a restaurant.

One of the negatives (if you can call it that) of the smoking ban is that you can now smell fat bastards beer farts and the stinking carpets, pissy toilets and fat from the kitchen. Doesn't bother me though as it reminds me of home.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    We take our dog into the pub, but only after he’s been on a decent walk, so he’s tired. He’s never let off his lead and he always has a bone to keep him quiet. Unless it’s a proper country pub, I wouldn’t take him in if he’s filthy but the amount of people who will come over to smooth him, never stops. It seems more and more pubs,are encouraging people to take their dogs in but I would take him in a restaurant.

The Ty Mawr in Lisvane is quite a good walk location, Cefn Onn park, walk up to just before the big pond, turn right at the gate along the golf course then right at the top, right at the next gate and it's just down the road on the right. A good distance for a swift pint and walk back, nice in the summer, very dog frendly!

I meant to say, I wouldn’t take him in a restaurant, even if he’s clean. Thanks NCB, I’ll consider that walk, for the future.
    Last edited by SOXY BOY; 16-01-23 at 19:13. Reason: Add more

I don’t mind other peoples well behaved dogs in there but personally I’d only go in a pub with the dog for a pint after a walk.
    If I was going for food I’d leave him behind

I think bringing a dog into a pub or restaurant is selfish

Dogs are lovely animals but these la de dah couples who bring in their spaniel who shakes his coat over everyone they should take him home and have a cup of tea

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think bringing a dog into a pub or restaurant is selfish

Dogs are lovely animals but these la de dah couples who bring in their spaniel who shakes his coat over everyone they should take him home and have a cup of tea
    Surely better than f*****g kids who treat the place like a playground and are always liable to tip your pint. Give me a dog anyday (as long as it's not a Bridgend dog!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Surely better than f*****g kids who treat the place like a playground and are always liable to tip your pint. Give me a dog anyday (as long as it's not a Bridgend dog!)
    Kids are just as bad

I think taking kids into places where alcohol is served is idiotic

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Kids are just as bad

I think taking kids into places where alcohol is served is idiotic
    They're far worse. Dogs are better than humans! I'd rather have my girl as PM than a grifter like Sunak every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    The kids that are out of control are the responsibility of the soft as shit parents who are to ****ing lazy and up their own arse to keep an eye on their kids, and maybe, just maybe, interact with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The kids that are out of control are the responsibility of the soft as shit parents who are to ****ing lazy and up their own arse to keep an eye on their kids, and maybe, just maybe, interact with them.
    Same with dogs really

is da same with me bitch...can take her anways , she be taking a poo in the garden man...then whizzing on the patio. but me married 'er .what can me do