+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Latest manager odds

Latest manager odds

Neil Warnock - 1/2
    Valerien Ismael - 4/1
    Liam Manning - 9/2

Looks like something of a two horse race if we take Warnock out of it.
    I suspect Ismael is the likeliest given we've employed 2 of his previous staff members.

Good job if you got 10/1 on Ismael earlier today, I certainly wouldn't bet against it at this point.

Re: Latest manager odds

Oh well, employers in the south Wales area better start preparing for a return to the days of the Cardiff City fans on their staff ringing in sick on a Monday with strained necks if it is to be Ismael.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Oh well, employers in the south Wales area better start preparing for a return to the days of the Cardiff City fans on their staff ringing in sick on a Monday with strained necks if it is to be Ismael.
    That bad is it Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Neil Warnock - 1/2
    Valerien Ismael - 4/1
    Liam Manning - 9/2

Looks like something of a two horse race if we take Warnock out of it.
    I suspect Ismael is the likeliest given we've employed 2 of his previous staff members.

Good job if you got 10/1 on Ismael earlier today, I certainly wouldn't bet against it at this point.
    are you forgetting about steve Bruce and Jimmy Floyd hasselbaink who are both definitely down the vale

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That bad is it Bob?
    His Barnsley side were, not so sure about West Brom, but I did read an article somewhere saying that their fans saw him as a return to the times when Tony Pulis was in charge.

We’re between a rock & hard place. We need someone sharpish due to January slipping away. If the embargo has been lifted, has it , any players we’re allowed to bring in would be a pointer to a new manager’s philosophy. Has the World Cup scuppered us a bit? Club football was put on hold. If there hadn’t been the break, Hudson would, maybe, have been pedalled early December giving us a bit of transfer window grace. The Sala situation would also have probably been squared off in December, giving us a bit more leeway. It can’t drag on, a decision has to be made, it’ll please some, annoy others but isn’t that always the way?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We’re between a rock & hard place. We need someone sharpish due to January slipping away. If the embargo has been lifted, has it , any players we’re allowed to bring in would be a pointer to a new manager’s philosophy. Has the World Cup scuppered us a bit? Club football was put on hold. If there hadn’t been the break, Hudson would, maybe, have been pedalled early December giving us a bit of transfer window grace. The Sala situation would also have probably been squared off in December, giving us a bit more leeway. It can’t drag on, a decision has to be made, it’ll please some, annoy others but isn’t that always the way?
    Be interesting if there are any managers as guests at the game tomorrow.

Although I do agree, it's only Etete who is capable in our squad or having the ball hit direct to them like that. Really wouldn't suit our side...

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari_andretti View Post
    Although I do agree, it's only Etete who is capable in our squad or having the ball hit direct to them like that. Really wouldn't suit our side...
    Nothing stopping him bringing tall players in though. Especially on loan.

Nothing stopping him bringing tall players in though. Especially on loan.
    Transfer embargo looks a bit complicated though right?

Not if it's lifted, which I'd imagine is now the case.

It does, that’s why I inserted the ‘has it’ in my post above. It’s all a bit vague on the matter. Where the hell is the club statement stating either the embargo has been lifted or it is still in place? I do think we’re entitled to know one way or the other rather than being left to pick up ‘in the know’ snippets on the internet. Are the ones who say it’s been lifted 100% certain? I just don’t know any more with this club.

Not if it's lifted, which I'd imagine is now the case.

A case in point Ninja, you state ‘I’d imagine it’s now the case’. It’s the club's lack of confirmation that’s annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A case in point Ninja, you state ‘I’d imagine it’s now the case’. It’s the club's lack of confirmation that’s annoying.
    It's borderline f*cking rude to be fair, especially to every season ticket holder.
    The lack of comms is disgraceful

His Barnsley side were, not so sure about West Brom, but I did read an article somewhere saying that their fans saw him as a return to the times when Tony Pulis was in charge.
    What I remember about the Barnsley team under Ismael was their manic work rate (and yes they were direct). He made full use of the original Covid 5 subs rule and ran his team into the ground before bringing on the fresh legs at 60 minutes to keep the pace up.

We have 5 subs again!

Although there would have to be some adjustment for some of our lot to play that way.

It's borderline f*cking rude to be fair, especially to every season ticket holder.
    It is, isn’t it, they’ll be pushing next term’s season tickets shortly. They’ll be well up front with that info. It’s not too much to ask to be kept informed of important news, rather than things like emails to existing season ticket holders offering half season tickets!!! I despair!

I think that Barnsley would typically hit the ball out wide first then cross it in for the likes of dike, rather than hit it up to dike first and ask him to hold it up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59792506

54% possession against a Steve Morison side, and young lads in the WBA team, and from memory they pummelled us. In the report, they played Rooney’s Derby the game before and had 61% of the ball with 19 shots. It might not be the best stuff you’ve ever seen but that’s hardly dinosaur stuff

If we do go for Ismael, I’d be certain we’d get Mowatt on loan if we could, him and Wintle in the middle would be just lovely

Agreed