+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else happy with Tan?

Anyone else happy with Tan?

I can’t say I’m as up to speed with all the goings on with the club as I used to be, but for me the problem seems to be Dalman and Choo and how the club is ran, rather then Tans ownership? Hasn’t he put a lot of money in?

I do realise that Tan should be doing more to move those two on and bring in some people who know what they’re doing but seeing TAN OUT banners makes me feel very uneasy.

I hated when we changed to red but he listened eventually and changed it back.
    He’s developed part of the ground.
    We’ve spent god knows how much on transfers and wages and managers over the years. Got promoted twice..

I actually quite like having Tan as an owner compared to what some fans of other clubs have been through.

Am I being a total melon here and missing something obvious?

Re: Anyone else happy with Tan?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post

Yes
    We've lurched from crisis to crisis all under his Stewardship.
    How the hell he ever became a billionaire beats the shit out of me.
    He put people in place to "run" the club its all down to him.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Yes
    A lot of fans would be jealous of our “crises”

Are you sure you want to roll the dice on another owner? Better the devil you know.

There should be Dalman out banners is my point.

I can’t say I’m as up to speed with all the goings on with the club as I used to be, but for me the problem seems to be Dalman and Choo and how the club is ran, rather then Tans ownership? Hasn’t he put a lot of money in?

I do realise that Tan should be doing more to move those two on and bring in some people who know what they’re doing but seeing TAN OUT banners makes me feel very uneasy.

We’ve spent god knows how much on transfers and wages and managers over the years. Got promoted twice..

I actually quite like having Tan as an owner compared to what some fans of other clubs have been through.

On money put into the club alone, there’s a pro Tan argument to be made, but can I ask whether you think we are going to improve any time soon if he stays on?

How can Tan not be the problem and the blame rest with Dalman and Choo if he employed them and, this is the worst bit for me, continues to employ them despite the club being a laughing stock?

If Dalman and Choo are yes men then it is the same result. The blame lies with the same person.

The running of this club is nothing short of shambolic.

Video compilations of players scoring from their own half being shown to players who struggle to pass the ball 4 yards ffs.

A lot of our problems could be solved if he put decent people in charge to run the club for him, without the need for him to walk away. He's showing no signs of doing that though.

A lot of fans would be jealous of our “crises”

Are you sure you want to roll the dice on another owner? Better the devil you know.

There should be Dalman out banners is my point.
    There doesn't need to be a new owner.

I would be more than happy if the current owner ran this club in a proper manner. I'm sure his accountant would be too.

to be fair, everything you have said it right, I personally think if Tan had done what Rob and Ryan had done at wrexham and installed a " Advisor to the Board " ( as they call it ) or Director of football ( as people have been asking for on here ) in Shaun Harvey things would have been different

though saying that, they have put Humphrey Ker at Executive Director and he knows very little about football, so who knows

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    On money put into the club alone, there’s a pro Tan argument to be made, but can I ask whether you think we are going to improve any time soon if he stays on?
    I think the money into the club is the only pro Tan argument.

I am struggling to think of many more.

Compiling a board - Failure
    Managerial appointments - Failure
    Signings while part of the transfer committee - Failure
    Changing Club Colours - Failure
    Earwig on badge - Failure

I'd even go as far as saying his money in is a failure if you look at what it has been used for and created. Again, all down to him

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I think the money into the club is the only pro Tan argument.

I am struggling to think of many more.

Compiling a board - Failure
    Managerial appointments - Failure
    Signings while part of the transfer committee - Failure
    Changing Club Colours - Failure
    Earwig on badge - Failure

I'd even go as far as saying his money in is a failure if you look at what it has been used for and created. Again, all down to him
    2 promotions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    2 promotions?
    Ah see, now you've gone and spoilt it!

2 promotions?
    For what ?
    We never stayed up and parachute payments were spanked up the wall

Stadium expansion.

The trouble with the anti-Tan argument is that no-one seems to be able to spell out a credible alternative. If there was a viable one that everyone could see and judge for themselves this anti Tan movement might get some traction. Just ifs, buts and maybe's at the moment.

For what ?
    We never stayed up and parachute payments were spanked up the wall
    Not disputing that but for balance highlighting positives. Considering the negatives of poor managerial appts and signings weve had 2 promotions.

Also the Football League Championship trophy.

International

Stadium expansion.
    Bailed us out from the rugby boys and the taxman!

If he had only appointed a decent football man, (who would have picked a decent manager), instead of Dalman and Choo we could be flying now!

Tan was part of a consortium that bought a controlling stake in City. Headed up by Dato Chan Tien Ghee.
    They installed Malky.

Tien Ghee left the club just over a month before we were promoted on March 1 2013. The club stated
    'We are greatly indebted to TG, who since joining in 2010 has been instrumental in the progress of the club to where it is today, and we wish to record our deep appreciation for his invaluable contributions and efforts.'

Take a look at the managerial appointments and the way the club has been run since then.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Bailed us out from the rugby boys and the taxman!

If he had only appointed a decent football man, who would have picked a decent manager, instead of Dalman and Choo we could be flying now!
    That is what is needed.
    Football men advising and making football decisions.

If it is as simple as giving Tan the final say on say 4 options that will work to varying degrees it would be something.

You can't have a bash at football and hope for the best.
    Well you can but the club will be a lot lower than it currently is.

Maybe it’s better the devil you know, he keeps us an afloat. I do feel the club need a new direction and leadership though. A new owner might work, but first you have to find someone willing to buy us. Then you have to hope they are actually good for the club. So many owners promise the world and deliver on nothing before selling up and doing a runner.

I see it as needing one of two things.

1. Tan realising what is needed and getting football people to at least advise him. A Director of Football reporting in to Tan would see this club transform almost overnight. Even, dare I say it, a Warnock type figure who massages everybody's ego but leaves the footballing playing side and signings to the manager ultimately.

2. He remains stubborn, takes us down as far as possible, and fans will demand change sooner or later. In this instance a new owner will be needed at some stage.

I imagine Swansea fans are pretty happy

Problem is he wants the final say on things he hasn’t got a clue about, Dalman and choo are just yes men and let it happen hence we lose millions every month from their own incompetence. We ever sold any managers like the jacks? We’ve barely sold any players let alone managers, most of whom never work again…..

Yes
    Wasn’t he handed the franchise for Macdonalds in Malaysia? Like a licence to print money…..

2 promotions?
    Almost pointless….

Can some take a stab at a guess as to why Tan is still interested in the club? It baffles me completely.