+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Anyone else happy with Tan?

Re: Anyone else happy with Tan?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I’ll have a stab, having worked with / for and run Asian companies for the last 30 years.

In my opinion it’s cultural. The classic “saving face”. It’s a status symbol, emblem, part of his portfolio. It’s not so much of a business as a status symbol. I think only City & QPR are Malaysian owned. He has the money and can absorb the cost, financially he doesn’t need to sell. The ownership of, is more important than the business.
    I have dealt with the Far East a lot myself, both personally and professionally, and have been on cultural training courses.

All the things you mention, apart from the 'saving face' aspect would have applied in the early days but now that he no longer seems to exploit the engagement once the gloss of success has passed. He is now associated with his own non-attendance, poor judgement, a failed promotion of City in Malaysia, a classic error in re-branding and more - and failure has its own stigma even in the Far East.

I would have thought that owning a business with a £50 million turnover would need at least 1 permanent Director in place overseeing the day-to-day running of the club, communicating with your 20,000 regular customers, the media, talking regularly with all managers, taking readings of the mood prevailing, current topics re. on and off the pitch activities, addressing questions from key personnel, and being on the ball ready to act in the matter of transfers in and out, potential players, scouting, new coaches/managers when relevant, and so on..

One thing I’d like to know is how he runs his other clubs.
    Kortrjk are in relegation trouble at the moment and don’t have a Director of Football.
    Sarajevo ate 5th in their league (poor by their standards) and don’t have a Director of Football.

For crying out loud, Tan! Sort it out. It’s a plain as the nose on your face that something has got to change.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    One thing I’d like to know is how he runs his other clubs.
    Kortrjk are in relegation trouble at the moment and don’t have a Director of Football.
    Sarajevo ate 5th in their league (poor by their standards) and don’t have a Director of Football.

For crying out loud, Tan! Sort it out. It’s a plain as the nose on your face that something has got to change.
    Are you saying that he needs to save the face that his nose is on?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    I can’t say I’m as up to speed with all the goings on with the club as I used to be, but for me the problem seems to be Dalman and Choo and how the club is ran, rather then Tans ownership? Hasn’t he put a lot of money in?

I do realise that Tan should be doing more to move those two on and bring in some people who know what they’re doing but seeing TAN OUT banners makes me feel very uneasy.

I hated when we changed to red but he listened eventually and changed it back.
    He’s developed part of the ground.
    We’ve spent god knows how much on transfers and wages and managers over the years. Got promoted twice..

I actually quite like having Tan as an owner compared to what some fans of other clubs have been through.

Am I being a total melon here and missing something obvious?
    Dalman and Choo are the problem! Tan needs to sack them both and sue for wasting his millions.
    Tans been our best owner in my time, Rick Wight had the ball rolling, but pulled the plug once we got promoted? Maybe he’d run out of money to carry on, but what a great year 93 was.
    On the protest who’s everyone expecting to come in and do better? Tan could get Huw Jenkins in as chairman? He knows how to run a club doesn’t he.

Quote Originally Posted by ianto73 View Post
    Dalman and Choo are the problem! Tan needs to sack them both and sue for wasting his millions.
    Tans been our best owner in my time, Rick Wight had the ball rolling, but pulled the plug once we got promoted? Maybe he’d run out of money to carry on, but what a great year 93 was.
    On the protest who’s everyone expecting to come in and do better? Tan could get Huw Jenkins in as chairman? He knows how to run a club doesn’t he.
    Tan is by far the best owner but Dalman and Choo are useless.
    Something needs to change Tan either makes changes or sells the club on but not to Hammam or anyone linked with him..

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He is now associated with his own non-attendance, poor judgement, a failed promotion of City in Malaysia, a classic error in re-branding and more - and failure has its own stigma even in the Far East.
    But he’s associated with those things here, not in Malaysia. Does anyone in Malaysia know or care about the things you mention?

Personally I think he’s a collector and we’re just another item he can show that he owns.