+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rebuffed - Sala Insurance arguments

Rebuffed - Sala Insurance arguments

Re: Rebuffed

Law360, London (January 18, 2023, 2:16 PM GMT) -- Insurance broker Miller Insurance Services LLP has denied it owes Cardiff City FC more than £10 million ($12.3 million) following the death of Emiliano Sala, claiming the club asked for him to be added to its players' insurance package only after his flight disappeared.

For those unable to read article.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Law360, London (January 18, 2023, 2:16 PM GMT) -- Insurance broker Miller Insurance Services LLP has denied it owes Cardiff City FC more than £10 million ($12.3 million) following the death of Emiliano Sala, claiming the club asked for him to be added to its players' insurance package only after his flight disappeared.

I have a very dark humour image in my head of someone in the club calling the insurance company as the news was breaking, while the insurance side have one eye on sky sports news

Says: Broker Rebuffs £10M Claim Over Cardiff City FC Player Death

Insurance broker Miller Insurance Services LLP has denied it owes Cardiff City FC more than £10 million ($12.3 million) following the death of Emiliano Sala, claiming the club asked for him to be added to its players' insurance package only after his flight disappeared.

You couldn't make it up.

Asking for him to be added after the plane disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    You couldn't make it up.

"please can I pop you on hold"

I thought the claim was more to do with a duty of care as the clubs insurers. Something like they should have given the club advise as this is how all players have been insured ie at a certain stage and that if this was a possibility they should have advised them to insure players at an earlier stage? Or something like that?

All sounds a bit desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I thought the claim was more to do with a duty of care as the clubs insurers. Something like they should have given the club advise as this is how all players have been insured ie at a certain stage and that if this was a possibility they should have advised them to insure players at an earlier stage? Or something like that?

Rumours that the airport transfer taxi driver is currently being pursued by vincent tan have been denied

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Rumours that the airport transfer taxi driver is currently being pursued by vincent tan have been denied
    You jest but football finance expert Kieran Maguire could hardly contain his laughter the other week when he said Cardiff are pursuing a 100million in lost earnings (Sala's goals would have kept us up) but are not sure who they are going to sue for it yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    You jest but football finance expert Kieran Maguire could hardly contain his laughter the other week when he said Cardiff are pursuing a 100million in lost earnings (Sala's goals would have kept us up) but are not sure who they are going to sue for it yet!!
    Sala presumably

Sala presumably
    I doubt whether even Vinnie would dare to sue Sala's estate by claiming he was negligent in choosing to climb aboard a plane he didn't believe was safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Insurance broker Miller Insurance Services LLP has denied it owes Cardiff City FC more than £10 million ($12.3 million) following the death of Emiliano Sala, claiming the club asked for him to be added to its players' insurance package only after his flight disappeared.
    That sounds entirely plausible. After all, wasn't the club's main defence against the FIFA ruling a claim that the transfer wasn't complete because City officials had made a mess of the player's contract?

"please can I pop you on hold"

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I doubt whether even Vinnie would dare to sue Sala's estate by claiming he was negligent in choosing to climb aboard a plane he didn't believe was safe.
    You just know that Tan has had a breakthrough after reading this post

International

Yes along those lines, I'm more surprised that people are surprised that the broker rebuffed it and didn't just say, good point, who do we make the £ 10 million cheque payable to?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes along those lines, I'm more surprised that people are surprised that the broker rebuffed it ....
    Literally nobody is surprised.

Presumably it's pretty easy to prove when we asked for him to be added to the insurance package. one way or another

International

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    It's just the start of it, plenty of more lawsuits to follow this will go on and on for years maybe decades if Tan has decades left.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    You couldn't make it up.

"claiming" - important word.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    We shall see.

As said above it is pretty black and white with call recording and documentation. They'll have a trail of when.

Depends how they operate.

Id assume they would have taken some advice on this one but maybe you’re right and it’s a desperate one.

It's probably a desperate last throw of the dice.

But my understanding also was the club were taking legal action for the broker not doing its advisory job very well. (Apparently)

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Depends how they operate.

Id assume they would have taken some advice on this one but maybe you’re right and it’s a desperate one.
    I don’t know, not pretending to know either.
    I think the whole thing has seemed a bit desperate tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Well he wasn’t insured so I’m not sure why they’d claim that (if it wasn’t true)

Did anyone honestly believe Sala had been properly insured? ....no, I didn't think so!