£500k paid to Spurs for Etete to be investigated

Re: Cardiff City in money laundering enquiry

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Harsh, But fair.

Best transfer window ever apparently...

Why he was flicking the ball on with nobody running past him I'll never know.

It is one of many gripes though.

Not a Happy Gathering .

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Why he was flicking the ball on with nobody running past him I'll never know.

It is one of many gripes though.
    Maybe because the ball was aimed at his head?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Maybe because the ball was aimed at his head?
    What's the point if nobody is running beyond?

Six of Super Steve's signings from the best transfer window ever started.
    Our interim manager obviously decided to stake a claim for the gig by selecting a back 5 that would struggle in league one.
    A midfield including Sawyers who looks like he can't be arsed most of the time, up front well **** knows??
    Who ever comes in has a massive job on their hands, we need to clear out the coaching staff, and half the squad.
    I've always thought that you should play your best 11, but for some reason in the cup, playing against a Premier league side, the interim manager decided to play a virtual reserve team and our most skilful natural no 10 out on the wing,
    He then gets hooked at half time??

Meet the new boss, as clueless as the last two bosses.

Whatever happened to giving it a go???

What's the point if nobody is running beyond?
    Unless he grows about 2 inches, he can't bring the ****ing thing down can he?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Split over 500 equal payments, with a cash back clause.

So you try something else don't you.

You don't keep flicking it on at a pace that is a backpass for the opposition keeper. Unless you're a doughnut and then you just keep doing it.

So you try something else don't you.

You don't keep flicking it on at a pace that is a backpass for the opposition keeper. Unless you're a doughnut and then you just keep doing it.
    I think they are saying that the supply he is getting is a much to blame as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I think they are saying that the supply he is getting is a much to blame as he is.
    I totally understand but if you flick the ball on to nobody once and nobody is running on to it you don't do it repeatedly.

I say you try something different if what you're doing isn't working and clearly not working at that.

He should have a word with Rubin, he is good at that..

I totally understand but if you flick the ball on to nobody once and nobody is running on to it you don't do it repeatedly.

I say you try something different if what you're doing isn't working and clearly not working at that.
    Like what? Head juggle it until someone bothers to get close to him?

Not sure whether our players got closer to him or the Leeds left winger, neither could have passed on a cold.

All the same everyone was shit, apart from Robinson of course. Ojo maybe also.

I think this is a bit harsh, 500k is peanuts for a young striker., it's about what we paid for Omar Bogle

he's scored at L2 and L1 level and had a very interesting (if somewhat unconventional) player profile in terms of stats.
    clearly some areas of his game need improvement, but I wouldn't write him off yet - recent Cardiff teams have made plenty of other more experienced strikers look useless too!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think this is a bit harsh, 500k is peanuts for a young striker., it's about what we paid for Omar Bogle

he's scored at L2 and L1 level and had a very interesting (if somewhat unconventional) player profile in terms of stats.
    clearly some areas of his game need improvement, but I wouldn't write him off yet - recent Cardiff teams have made plenty of other more experienced strikers look useless too!
    He's scored 3 goals in League One and 3 goals in League Two.

Etete was supposed to replace one of Hugill and Uche. He's the second best striker at the club and he's not ready. He might never be but he's definitely not ready to play Championship football. Worse than Uche was not something I expected to say about our new signings...

Personally I would say those playing the ball too high are more to blame than a young striker who can't reach the bloody thing.

I think there has been the odd good sign from him, against Blackpool I thought he looked lively.

Unfortunately, we aren't renowned for improving players so I would imagine we will release him in a year or two for nothing before he goes on to have a decent career in the championship

He's scored 3 goals in League One and 3 goals in League Two.

Etete was supposed to replace one of Hugill and Uche. He's the second best striker at the club and he's not ready. He might never be but he's definitely not ready to play Championship football. Worse than Uche was not something I expected to say about our new signings...
    Sadly, a return of Uche would be an improvement at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Sadly, a return of Uche would be an improvement at the moment.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Exactly, 500 K is nothing for any player, bt for a young striker it really is nothing money and must be worth the risk, same with Tanner, they are low cost risks, if either of them come good and make it, they are worth many millions

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Exactly, 500 K is nothing for any player, bt for a young striker it really is nothing money and must be worth the risk, same with Tanner, they are low cost risks, if either of them come good and make it, they are worth many millions
    500k is 10k a week. That's a players wages for a year. Our squad is full of these gambles, and none of them have worked out as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    £500k is a bargain for a player with potential, and who surely was bought as a project.

Unfortunately, it's very expensive when we are SO bad at developing players

500k is 10k a week. That's a players wages for a year. Our squad is full of these gambles, and none of them have worked out as of yet.
    but when they do, we sell them on

this time next year Pedro we will be millionaires