+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neil Warnock on 5 Live

Neil Warnock on 5 Live

after 12.30 today apparently. He'd be open to an advisory role at the club according to the station pre promotion

Re: Neil Warnock on 5 Live

advising them how to divert money into his bank account?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

And his wife will end up playing for the under-21 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    And his wife will end up playing for the under-21 team.
    only if she signs up with USM

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    only if she signs up with USM
    Carter?

he always comes across really well to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Carter?

I meant USG

he always comes across really well to be fair
    He's really likeable. He's definitely not the long term solution and he wouldn't want to be. But I'd snatch his hand off at the moment in whatever capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    He's really likeable. He's definitely not the long term solution and he wouldn't want to be. But I'd snatch his hand off at the moment in whatever capacity.
    I would object to him as a director of football even more than I would a manager tbh.

his great strength is man management, building a team morale etc, he's been one of the best around at it, the dof should be there to steer the long term footballing direction of the club, making sure we are up to date tactically, and that there is a pathway for youth, improving recruitment - all the aspects that Warnock is really bad at, that he papers over because he's so good at man management

I would object to him as a director of football even more than I would a manager tbh.

his great strength is man management, building a team morale etc, he's been one of the best around at it, the dof should be there to steer the long term footballing direction of the club, making sure we are up to date tactically, and that there is a pathway for youth, improving recruitment - all the aspects that Warnock is really bad at, that he papers over because he's so good at man management
    I think he'd be an ideal Director of Football/advisory role guy.

He's a schmoozer. A manipulator.
    He will give VT his ideas and make him believe they're his own. Then thank him for being such a great guy.

Go get him.

Not sure many managers would cope with him as their DOF. We need one though.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

I meant USG
    Now I've got Warnocks wife down as an unstoppable sex machine 😮

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Now I've got Warnocks wife down as an unstoppable sex machine ��
    must be why he keeps taking more jobs, can't get a moment's peace at home

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    after 12.30 today apparently. He'd be open to an advisory role at the club according to the station pre promotion
    Sounds to me like he fancies a cushty part time job somewhere but is genuine about not going back into management

No contact from City he says

must be why he keeps taking more jobs, can't get a moment's peace at home
    Explains where his eyebrows have gone.
    They've been rubbed off. Poor lad.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I think he'd be an ideal Director of Football/advisory role guy.

He's a schmoozer. A manipulator.
    He will give VT his ideas and make him believe they're his own. Then thank him for being such a great guy.

Go get him.
    I think it'd be a terrible idea, you'd be giving him a role that takes away his strengths and focuses on his weaknesses.

Certainly don’t need him in that kind of capacity. If we need him it’s until the end of the season and no longer

I think it'd be a terrible idea, you'd be giving him a role that takes away his strengths and focuses on his weaknesses.
    What weaknesses?

He had Mehmet, Choo and mostly Tan in the palm of his hand. He is exactly what we need.

He is the buffer between Tan's ridiculousness and an understanding advisor to the manager below.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    What weaknesses?

He had Mehmet, Choo and mostly Tan in the palm of his hand. He is exactly what we need.

He is the buffer between Tan's ridiculousness and an understanding advisor to the manager below.
    of course he has weaknesses.

you only have to look at his time with us, or other clubs.

we had no pathway from the youth team to the first team, we continually signed players who would have no resell value as they were past peak age (not even mentioning dodgy agent connections), the tactics he favours have had their day, the game has moved on. he admitted himself that he has no idea how to set up a drill in training to achieve a particular way of playing.
    he is a man manager, a motivator.
    it works for a while, and then it doesn't work any more. after a while the players have heard all his stories already and there's a law of diminishing returns, same with someone like Jose mourihnio.
    he is definitely not a director of football

of course he has weaknesses.

you only have to look at his time with us, or other clubs.

we had no pathway from the youth team to the first team, we continually signed players who would have no resell value as they were past peak age (not even mentioning dodgy agent connections), the tactics he favours have had their day, the game has moved on. he admitted himself that he has no idea how to set up a drill in training to achieve a particular way of playing.
    he is a man manager, a motivator.
    it works for a while, and then it doesn't work any more. after a while the players have heard all his stories already and there's a law of diminishing returns, same with someone like Jose mourihnio.
    he is definitely not a director of football
    I didn't say he didn't have weaknesses.

You said that his weaknesses would be dealing with the owner and board. I dont think so. I also think we have and owner and members of the board that need their ego massaged regularly. He's your man.

I'm not sure we have much more of a pathway at the club now. Other than Tan saying we've got to use kids to save money what has changed compared to Warnock's time here?

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Now I've got Warnocks wife down as an unstoppable sex machine 😮
    your welcome

Well that rules him out til the end of the season unfortunately

Warnock ruled out.

Where's that Hitler video with the subtitles that can be changed to suit?
    Deep in the bowels of CCS....

Well I was all for him coming back til the end of the season to keep us up, then both parties move on

As others have said bringing him in as DOF would be a terrible, terrible idea