+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dalman interview with Scott Johnson

Dalman interview with Scott Johnson

"What is the plan with regards to Mark’s replacement? Are the club once again considering in-house options, or is a managerial search underway?

There is a search underway, but the owner wants to give the current manager a bit of time before we decide."

A bit of time???!!!

https://roathboy.com/roathboy-x-mehmet-dalman/

Dalman interview

Not had the time to properly digest it but seems more political posturing to me. Pretty pointless.

Dolman interview with Scott Johnson

Opens up some of the clubs thoughts on the Sala court cases and reasons for them

Re: Dolman interview with Scott Johnson

We're going to leave it run until the end of the transfer window and give it to Whitehead or some other nobody and give them a day or two to work miracles aren't we.

My prediction that they would drag out Hudson and the reasons for it before booting him are still being played out. We're just giving Whitehead time. Why, I'm not sure as he is nowhere near what we want or need.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    We're going to leave it run until the end of the transfer window and give it to Whitehead or some other nobody and give them a day or two to work miracles aren't we.

My prediction that they would drag out Hudson and the reasons for it before booting him are still being played out. We're just giving Whitehead time. Why, I'm not sure as he is nowhere near what we want or need.
    There's something seriously wrong with Tan if he thinks that making do with assistant managers is heading anywhere other than relegation.

Nothing new then !

Daft, someone should be in by now and looking at whose available to bring in.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    There's something seriously wrong with Tan if he thinks that making do with assistant managers is heading anywhere other than relegation.
    I've said it time and again but there is a failure to learn from mistakes.

Morison and Hudson haven't worked so let's consider Whitehead. It is madness.

Dalman seems to be distancing himself from Tan where possible too.

Re: Dalman interview

"What is the plan with regards to Mark’s replacement? Are the club once again considering in-house options, or is a managerial search underway?

There is a search underway, but the owner wants to give the current manager a bit of time before we decide."

A bit of time???!!!

Did the interviewer ask why exactly??!!!!! :-o

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you pass the buck.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Nothing new then !
    Leeds game gave some encouragement I’d
    Imagine

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you pass the buck.
    I thought it was an honest interview which gave a lot more insight into the Sala case than the ribald speculation on here and the other place.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I've said it time and again but there is a failure to learn from mistakes.

Morison and Hudson haven't worked so let's consider Whitehead. It is madness.

Dalman seems to be distancing himself from Tan where possible too.
    For once I agree with this grizzler

Utterly bonkers to consider Whitehead we need someone new and fresh in the building, not promoting the previous coach / under 21 manager

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Utterly bonkers to consider Whitehead we need someone new and fresh in the building, not promoting the previous coach / under 21 manager
    Whitehead was appointed as first team coach in the first week of November. Since then, the side hasn’t won a game and performances have deteriorated. So what do they do? They put him in charge.

Completely and utterly bonkers.

A bit of time???!!!

It's difficult not to conclude that VT simply does not wish to appoint a new manager while the transfer window is open. That would mean spending on players to satisfy a more experienced manager. He states that VT would like to give DW some time yet we only have this afternoon's match before the transfer window "slams shut". So, should we win today, I see no reason that they will employ a new manager (DW aside) before 1 February. This doesn't mean that managers aren't available from that date, but it does mean that they will not be expecting any immediate transfer funds. Subsequent to the Sala payment, I had not expected VT to loosen the purse strings as it were and felt that Hudson would need to work on limited resources in terms of loan wages but then he was dismissed. I hoped that VT now saw the need to bring in an experienced manager who may command a higher salary than palatable. Yet that certainly doesn't appear to be the case. Strap in for the next lap of the track !

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    It's difficult not to conclude that VT simply does not wish to appoint a new manager while the transfer window is open. That would mean spending on players to satisfy a more experienced manager. He states that VT would like to give DW some time yet we only have this afternoon's match before the transfer window "slams shut". So, should we win today, I see no reason that they will employ a new manager (DW aside) before 1 February. This doesn't mean that managers aren't available from that date, but it does mean that they will not be expecting any immediate transfer funds. Subsequent to the Sala payment, I had not expected VT to loosen the purse strings as it were and felt that Hudson would need to work on limited resources in terms of loan wages but then he was dismissed. I hoped that VT now saw the need to bring in an experienced manager who may command a higher salary than palatable. Yet that certainly doesn't appear to be the case. Strap in for the next lap of the track !
    PS.. I am well aware that we cannot pay transfer fees !

After ninety five minutes last Saturday, Hudson was set to remain our manager - a minute later, he was toast. That Wigan goal cost Hudson dear and if you think of it like that, it's hard to think of a more precise way of describing the term "kneejerk reaction".

Especially given the quite clear lack of a contingency plan ! Indeed, one WOL report (I believe Glen Williams) suggested that a meeting of backroom staff was called in which DW made it clear he'd be prepared to step in. I couldn't help but wonder if Ken Choo asked "is there anybody in the room prepared to be a caretaker? Anyone? We're not picky at this point".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    After ninety five minutes last Saturday, Hudson was set to remain our manager - a minute later, he was toast. That Wigan goal cost Hudson dear and if you think of it like that, it's hard to think of a more precise way of describing the term "kneejerk reaction".
    Should have gone weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I thought it was an honest interview which gave a lot more insight into the Sala case than the ribald speculation on here and the other place.
    Honest or not, he passed the buck to Choo, VT or others too often for my liking.
    I have never thought it good practice to do so.

I just think its a matter of Tan not wanting to spend any money.

Its Whiteheads to lose.

He was 16-1 yesterday. 8 more games needed after today.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Yes, I agree. Every interview that I have heard of Mehmet Dalman he has answered every question that has been asked of him.

I didn't realise that he was now a non-exec.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Should have gone weeks ago.
    Well, I'd say he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place, but that's to miss the point I'm trying to make. Hudson was only sacked because of that very late Wigan equaliser and Dalman's comments in this morning's article confirm that, as usual, Tan and co had no contingency plans in place for when our increasingly trigger happy owner decides a manager has to go.

free falling then into L1 and a new longer term appointment will be made then for the fight back... so to speak

so it seems we got want we wanted if we accepted the red and bounced tan around the pitch on our shoulders he may have poured even more into the club and players and who knows...who knows we could still be there now

what we got is back in blue in L2... as if that is to be believed he will never let us go into admin, no he will just let us slip away into the dark hole...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, I'd say he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place, but that's to miss the point I'm trying to make. Hudson was only sacked because of that very late Wigan equaliser and Dalman's comments in this morning's article confirm that, as usual, Tan and co had no contingency plans in place for when our increasingly trigger happy owner decides a manager has to go.
    It does seem that they [he] only seem to be able to address the manager situation with a dismissal, but ignore the other equally important factor - a replacement. I reckon I'm probably 2000th or something in line of accession.