+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Protests Tomorrow

Re: Protests Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Why did you come back after the rebrand? Glory hunting?
    We were going nowhere under Russell Slade when we changed back to blue - don’t think your average glory hunter would have been there to see us take on Fulham in what was a woeful game of football.

Why did you come back after the rebrand? Glory hunting?
    Going "down the City" can hardly be called glory hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We were going nowhere under Russell Slade when we changed back to blue - don’t think your average glory hunter would have been there to see us take on Fulham in what was a woeful game of football.
    Exactly, if that’s glory then we’re in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    To support the club that I love, what a strange question
    So you boycotted when we went red because of Tan then came back when Tan took us to the Prem?

So you boycotted when we went red because of Tan then came back when Tan took us to the Prem?
    Read the posts above and get your facts right.

Read the posts above and get your facts right.
    Just answer the question

Just answer the question
    Well when I returned (and we went back to blue) we were in the Championship so your argument is pointless.

Well when I returned (and we went back to blue) we were in the Championship so your argument is pointless.
    Tan was still the owner even though you could'nt support us when we went red.

Tan was still the owner even though you could'nt support us when we went red.
    Correct. I boycotted on principle and stated I wouldn’t return until we were back in blue. I didn’t. Not sure where you are you going with this. I’ve supported for 30 years, returned when we went back to blue when we were without a win for five games and sitting in 12th position. I was also down there today when we sit in 21st place and have a season ticket.

Glory hunter, get the Fck out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Well it made the BBC website so that’s a start.

Cardiff City fans have called on club owner Vincent Tan to leave during a pre-match protest.

At least 100 people gathered outside Cardiff City Stadium before Saturday's game against Millwall, chanting "sack the board" and "we want our club back".

One supporter let off a blue flare, while others held 'Tan out' banners.

Fans are unhappy at the way Cardiff have been run recently, with the club 21st in the Championship and searching for a third manager of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Cardiff City fans have called on club owner Vincent Tan to leave during a pre-match protest.

At least 100 people gathered outside Cardiff City Stadium before Saturday's game against Millwall, chanting "sack the board" and "we want our club back".

One supporter let off a blue flare, while others held 'Tan out' banners.

Fans are unhappy at the way Cardiff have been run recently, with the club 21st in the Championship and searching for a third manager of the season.
    God help us

God help us
    God willing.

How are they standing up for their club when they want to get rid of the man who pumped millions of his own money into the club.
    Tan took over a club that was close to promotion and, in May, will have been our owner for 13 seasons. During this time I've heard that he's spent something in the region of £200m on Cardiff City. £200m to turn a Championship playoff side into Championship relegation fodder, via 2 disastrous seasons in the Premier League.

Tan has made so many mistakes as our owner that it is difficult to know where to begin compiling a list. Firstly, because he's in charge, whatever he says, goes. His knowledge of football, how it works, contacts etc is miniscule, yet rather than seek advice and knowledge, he does what he wants because he's got the money. Our transfer activity for most of his tenure has been abysmal, buying players for lots and in many cases, paying them off because they haven't been any good.

I could go on and on here. I'll ask if you think that, after spending what Tan has, should we be 21st in the division looking at appointing yet another crap manager from within with a squad of players who haven't got what it takes to stay up? Is that money well spent? Let's face it, the reason he's spent so much is because of his own mistakes and appointments, but he's too stubborn to admit as such.

You might say that we should be grateful for his financial input, but imagine how much better off we'd have been if we had the right infrastructure at the club, footballing people who know the game running the show etc? Instead he wants to run it all and we're all suffering as a result. If you say that's his prerogative, enjoy cracking one off as he grinds this club into the dust, as that's where we're heading, all down to his stubbornness.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Tan took over a club that was close to promotion and, in May, will have been our owner for 13 seasons. During this time I've heard that he's spent something in the region of £200m on Cardiff City. £200m to turn a Championship playoff side into Championship relegation fodder, via 2 disastrous seasons in the Premier League.

Tan has made so many mistakes as our owner that it is difficult to know where to begin compiling a list. Firstly, because he's in charge, whatever he says, goes. His knowledge of football, how it works, contacts etc is miniscule, yet rather than seek advice and knowledge, he does what he wants because he's got the money. Our transfer activity for most of his tenure has been abysmal, buying players for lots and in many cases, paying them off because they haven't been any good.

I could go on and on here. I'll ask if you think that, after spending what Tan has, should we be 21st in the division looking at appointing yet another crap manager from within with a squad of players who haven't got what it takes to stay up? Is that money well spent? Let's face it, the reason he's spent so much is because of his own mistakes and appointments, but he's too stubborn to admit as such.

You might say that we should be grateful for his financial input, but imagine how much better off we'd have been if we had the right infrastructure at the club, footballing people who know the game running the show etc? Instead he wants to run it all and we're all suffering as a result. If you say that's his prerogative, enjoy cracking one off as he grinds this club into the dust, as that's where we're heading, all down to his stubbornness.
    I’m not disagreeing with your post, but if he left toot sweet tomorrow and took any money he’s due with him, we’d be ****ed anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’m not disagreeing with your post, but if he left toot sweet tomorrow and took any money he’s due with him, we’d be ****ed anyway..
    Very true

this isnt like the old days when maybe some local sucker with a few quid will step in to save the day ( Big thanks to Borley ) this is now a big money expense , If Tan took his ball home, we have nothing and might be playing Chesterfield soon

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Very true

this isnt like the old days when maybe some local sucker with a few quid will step in to save the day ( Big thanks to Borley ) this is now a big money expense , If Tan took his ball home, we have nothing and might be playing Chesterfield soon
    Tan is in control of his ball and we’re still going down.

Very true

Are we sure about this? Clubs of all sorts even in the Championship seem to be picked up by consortiums etc. I'm not saying we'd be an unattractive buy by any means, but football and finance has moved on to levels that many of us no longer understand.

In a nutshell.

I think Tan is doing some sort of weird tax scam like wot they did in The Producers. The more we lose..Spring time for etc ….

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Are we sure about this? Clubs of all sorts even in the Championship seem to be picked up by consortiums etc. I'm not saying we'd be an unattractive buy by any means, but football and finance has moved on to levels that many of us no longer understand.
    maybe, and I hope if it comes to it you are right

My God there's a lot of appeasers on this board. Do they really see where we're heading?

we are not far from a team to stay up, a No9 and maybe someone with some muscle at CM

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    My God there's a lot of appeasers on this board. Do they really see where we're heading?
    Head in the sand or walking straight off the end of that cliff. Some are too proud to admit that their Lord and Saviour Vincent has completely ruined the club.

we are not far from a team to stay up, a No9 and maybe someone with some muscle at CM
    I think so too but at the moment the situation is dire.

maybe, and I hope if it comes to it you are right
    And to be honest, none of us really know. That's even more scary!!