+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Messing Around, Please. We need some new, decent players who are better than we've got.

No Messing Around, Please. We need some new, decent players who are better than we've got.

We talk about this player having a bad game and this player having a good game, but the truth is that we don't have a single, stand-out player in midfield or attack. You always need a player to do something a little bit different - a great pass, a great run, an inch-perfect cross, a bullet shot, etc, etc, but we haven't got anyone. The ball gets moved around here and there, up and across, up to the edge of the box, perhaps a cross, but we know we're not going to be wowed or amazed. It's not just teams at the top who have them - pretty much every side has one or two - they make the difference in those games that re drifting away from you. We can't have more of the same if anyone comes here in the next 10 days. It will be just the same but with different personnel.

Re: No Messing Around, Please. We need some new, decent players who are better than we've got.

New experienced manager

5 players

Or down we go

Re: No Messing Around, Please. We need some new, decent players who are better than we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    New experienced manager

5 players

Or down we go
    Were gone then.. where on earth do you get 5 decent players and decent manager with no funds ..

Oh hang on, get big Sam in on a short term contract and massive wage , he pulls on his known dodgy contracts and wannabees, whoosh . Promoted on last day of the season ..

Or we go into administration, get relegated and start afresh ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Were gone then.. where on earth do you get 5 decent players andva manager with no money ..

Oh hang on get big Sam in on a short term contract and massive wage , he pulls on his known contracts and wannabees, whoosh . Promoted on last day of the season ..

Or we go into administration, get relegated and start afresh ??
    Tan should he wish to prevent relegation has enough cash to both hire a decent manager and boost the squad

We are not talking red adair

Tan should he wish to prevent relegation has enough cash to both hire a decent manager and boost the squad

nobody here knows who that is sludge

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Famous fire-fighter. Literally - that was his job. Putting out big fires that no-one else could extinguish.

We managed to bring in three players on loan this time last year who were just what we need - Drameh, Doyle and Hugill. Those players gave the team a massive lift and we need the same quality again if we are to stand any chance of avoiding relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    We managed to bring in three players on loan this time last year who were just what we need - Drameh, Doyle and Hugill. Those players gave the team a massive lift and we need the same quality again if we are to stand any chance of avoiding relegation.
    We certainly do. None of this 'he could do a job for us', we need 3 good players who can change games in their own rights.

I would take a manager over any players at the moment.

I think we’re more likely to get Fireman Sam, at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    We talk about this player having a bad game and this player having a good game, but the truth is that we don't have a single, stand-out player in midfield or attack. You always need a player to do something a little bit different - a great pass, a great run, an inch-perfect cross, a bullet shot, etc, etc, but we haven't got anyone. The ball gets moved around here and there, up and across, up to the edge of the box, perhaps a cross, but we know we're not going to be wowed or amazed. It's not just teams at the top who have them - pretty much every side has one or two - they make the difference in those games that re drifting away from you. We can't have more of the same if anyone comes here in the next 10 days. It will be just the same but with different personnel.
    Think you are spot on. Even within games I find myself scratching my head, and proving that football is all about opinions. Yesterday, I genuinely thought ojo was the 1 of the 4 forward players most likely to force something. Never been his biggest fan and I know he missed header and fluffed chance at back post but jus for yesterday I thought he was the most likely. Yet he was hooked and other 3 played 90. Either shows what I really know or manager is watching different game. But agree none real stand out.

I was amazed by yesterday's team selection. We needed runners and workers, but left out Davies and Harris - our two most mobile and hardworking attackers.

We recruited Etete, Sawyers, Ojo and Philogene to increase our attacking firepower, but let's be fair they have all been failures.

Our delivery from wide ares and our distribution from central midfield has been abysmal. We could have Haaland up front and it wouldn't make a lot of difference.

Wickham should be a good signing and if a new manager injects a bit of confidence we should be OK. I'd like to see a Tommy Lawrence type attacking midfielder, do we already have him on Colwill?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    I was amazed by yesterday's team selection. We needed runners and workers, but left out Davies and Harris - our two most mobile and hardworking attackers.

We recruited Etete, Sawyers, Ojo and Philogene to increase our attacking firepower, but let's be fair they have all been failures.

Our delivery from wide ares and our distribution from central midfield has been abysmal. We could have Haaland up front and it wouldn't make a lot of difference.

Wickham should be a good signing and if a new manager injects a bit of confidence we should be OK. I'd like to see a Tommy Lawrence type attacking midfielder, do we already have him on Colwill?
    I agree with your post, although I did have a chuckle at the end. Haaland won't help us but Wickham will :D

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post

I get what you're saying, but haven't we seen enough of Harris? And Davies lacks quality. Robinson and o dowda are the only two players in that squad with a brain, and both players aren't particularly blessed, decent enough i would say. The rest are poor and average on a good day. I'm not sure that fans realise that we are seriously in the shit with this group of players, some of them offer very little. I don't think that it's work rate, leaders, etc, it's about concentration and a bit of quality, a brain or two that can make a difference and make average players look 10% better, which should be enough.

Why didnt Colwill start behind the front 2 yesterday. Ojo isnt good enough in front of goal so should be a winger while Philogene and Etete arnt physically or tactically ready to start.

I dont know why Ojo was taken off he was the only one taking players on and beating them.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Film star dancer from the 30's & 40's, partner of Ginger Rogers.
    Everyone knows that shirley

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Why didnt Colwill start behind the front 2 yesterday. Ojo isnt good enough in front of goal so should be a winger while Philogene and Etete arnt physically or tactically ready to start.

I dont know why Ojo was taken off he was the only one taking players on and beating them.
    None of them are particularly good, i don't know what people are waiting for, some magic wand that gives them certain attributes that most of these players haven't shown while playing for us. Colwill isn't ready, Davies isn't ready, Philogene isn't ready, Etete isn't ready, NG is too small, Wintle does the shit that goes unseen, like he's a ****ing wizard, Mc Guiness the next great hope, like we haven't seen him before. Nah... i can't do with it anymore, excuses, excuses, over thinking in my opinion. These players aren't good enough, apart from Robinson and o dowda, kipre and maybe the keeper.

Sorry for the rant, it's frustration, not aimed at you

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    None of them are particularly good, i don't know what people are waiting for, some magic wand that gives them certain attributes that most of these players haven't shown while playing for us. Colwill isn't ready, Davies isn't ready, Philogene isn't ready, Etete isn't ready, NG is too small, Wintle does the shit that goes unseen, like he's a ****ing wizard, Mc Guiness the next great hope, like we haven't seen him before. Nah... i can't do with it anymore, excuses, excuses, over thinking in my opinion. These players aren't good enough, apart from Robinson and o dowda, kipre and maybe the keeper.

The players have gotten away with a lot this season they've been consistently poor an yet I'm still seeing people saying this is a mid table squad?

This is pretty much as I see it.

Also what needs to be factored in is the players, even the ones you mention who are good players, have got used to losing.
    They have been dragged down to the level of those that don't cut it, of which there were quite a few on show yesterday.

That is why we need to get a new man in with fresh ideas who can bring a couple of key players with him, one who knows what we need to survive this season.

We can only hope that at least one of the fun boy three recognises this and actions it.
    If not, we're doomed.... Doomed!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    This is pretty much as I see it.

Also what needs to be factored in is the players, even the ones you mention who are good players, have got used to losing.
    They have been dragged down to the level of those that don't cut it, of which there were quite a few on show yesterday.

That is why we need to get a new man in with fresh ideas who can bring a couple of key players with him, one who knows what we need to survive this season.

We can only hope that at least one of the fun boy three recognises this and actions it.
    If not, we're doomed.... Doomed!
    One thing that i am seeing is a shit attitude to being behind in a game from certain players, some of them don't fancy it, that type of attitude is contagious in my opinion, don't we all see it in our everyday employment? One or two getting away with it then dragging down the decent ones? We are in some serious trouble and i don't just think it's down to footballing ability.

One thing that i am seeing is a shit attitude to being behind in a game from certain players, some of them don't fancy it, that type of attitude is contagious in my opinion, don't we all see it in our everyday employment? One or two getting away with it then dragging down the decent ones? We are in some serious trouble and i don't just think it's down to footballing ability.
    Yep. That is what happens when things aren't going right.

"I'm not chasing that it was a shit ball".
    " I'm not closing him down, he's his man."

Injuection of fresh blood, fresh ideas, fresh attitude and we could come through this.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I agree with your post, although I did have a chuckle at the end. Haaland won't help us but Wickham will :D
    Yes, I thought it may read like that when I posted it. I'd like Haaland, but if we fail to get him I'd accept Wickham as he will be an improvement on what we have.

Looks like Hugill's off to Rotherham https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...r-deal-agreed/

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Looks like Hugill's off to Rotherham https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...r-deal-agreed/
    oof, that embargo is really starting to bite

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Considering they were quoted as one of our main “rivals” for a relegation spot just 2 weeks ago they’re making a much better fist of staying up than we are. Since then, they’ve signed an experienced Championship centre half in Morrison who has been promoted from this league and with him in defence win 4-0 at home against one play off side and get a very worthy 1-1 draw away to another play off contender. They’ve also signed on loan Fosu from Brentford and Hjelde from Leeds and now signing an experienced Championship striker . I think they are looking up right now rather than back in our direction! They are taking the sort of squad boosting steps we should be doing