+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Based on yesterday, I think we'll stay up

Re: Based on yesterday, I think we'll stay up

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Huddersfield are on a point a game, so if parity remains, 46 points. Based solely on extrapolation we need 18 points from games.
    they could equally to pick up only 10 more points, as I said, its not a hard fact we need 6 wins

That Millwall beat us without having to play well is the more concerning thing and even then they could have 1 or 2 more. The squad isn't good enough and is lacking confidence, hardly an ideal combination

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I thought he did. It was about halfway through the first half. I was in the Canton though so might not have seen it properly.
    The keeper made a good save to push it round, Robinson was given offside though.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That Millwall beat us without having to play well is the more concerning thing and even then they could have 1 or 2 more. The squad isn't good enough and is lacking confidence, hardly an ideal combination
    That’s why a new manager is needed, new direction and confidence. As much as I really didn’t want him back and didn’t wanted him gone upon promotion I think Warnock brings that instantly.

We are too big to go down. Keep the faith.

It'll be tight and it won't be pretty but I think we just about have enough to survive.

We conceded a shockingly poor goal and due to a mistake from the usually solid Kipre. Apart from that we limited Millwall, who are playoff candidates, to only a handful of chances.

McGuinness looked like a top end Championship defender and his performance yesterday was hugely encouraging. He is head and shoulders above Nelson and Simpson.

Our attack had more chances that our last 3 or 4 league games combined and whilst we're still not converting those chances, there was a big improvement from our performances on Boxing Day and away to Coventry. We could've played another 90 minutes in those games and still not scored. Yesterday it felt unlucky that we didn't score.

Keep the faith
    Well said and spot on.

The team has to win a game of football to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    The team has to win a game of football to do that.
    And you need to score goals to do that soooooo, relegation.

It'll be tight and it won't be pretty but I think we just about have enough to survive.

We conceded a shockingly poor goal and due to a mistake from the usually solid Kipre. Apart from that we limited Millwall, who are playoff candidates, to only a handful of chances.

McGuinness looked like a top end Championship defender and his performance yesterday was hugely encouraging. He is head and shoulders above Nelson and Simpson.

Our attack had more chances that our last 3 or 4 league games combined and whilst we're still not converting those chances, there was a big improvement from our performances on Boxing Day and away to Coventry. We could've played another 90 minutes in those games and still not scored. Yesterday it felt unlucky that we didn't score.

Keep the faith
    I agree. I thought we were improved. I understand why people booed but they could have chosen any number of games where we played worse to do it.

I am sorry but it's another defeat

Or a draw ff sake

This side is going down , it simply isn't good enough and the last 3 managers are not up to it

Our only hope is a new manager and new faces on the pitch , especially in midfield and upfront

Even that might not be good enough

It's absolutely shocking

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am sorry but it's another defeat

Or a draw ff sake

This side is going down , it simply isn't good enough and the last 3 managers are not up to it

Our only hope is a new manager and new faces on the pitch , especially in midfield and upfront

Even that might not be good enough

It's absolutely shocking
    Praise the lord.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    On the Whiskey’s early I see !
    Whiskers, more likely.

We’ve conceded 7 goals less than the jacks, so our problem is obvious. Hopefully, sticking to a front 3 of Davies, Etete, and Robinson will get us out of this mess, and we can get a bit of “luck” in front of goal.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    We’ve conceded 7 goals less than the jacks, so our problem is obvious. Hopefully, sticking to a front 3 of Davies, Etete, and Robinson will get us out of this mess, and we can get a bit of “luck” in front of goal.
    We don't have so much of a problem creating chances, it's not as if we're bottom of the table for having attempts on goal. Our biggest problem is we're not converting the chances we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We don't have so much of a problem creating chances, it's not as if we're bottom of the table for having attempts on goal. Our biggest problem is we're not converting the chances we have.
    Agree…think we had 21 shots on goal one game ….the most in the league that weekend.

It is all about confidence and belief....from the sound of it and Forest comments.....Sabri Lamouchi is streets ahead of any other potential candidates...IF he would take it...

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    It is all about confidence and belief....from the sound of it and Forest comments.....Sabri Lamouchi is streets ahead of any other potential candidates...IF he would take it...
    Or if the City board could make up their minds