+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I’d have sacked myself at Cardiff

I’d have sacked myself at Cardiff

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/m...ckpool-2098008

At least Mick doesn't lack self-awareness.

Re: I’d have sacked myself at Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

He was my kind of manager

Till he turned Potty

I like direct football and as old mick says there are many ways to skin a cat

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

I honestly think he was trying for the sack at the end and his pay out.

I think he makes a bit of a twat of himself in that interview. He basically exposes himself as being completely out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think he makes a bit of a twat of himself in that interview. He basically exposes himself as being completely out of touch.
    I think , his dreadful run apart , he's exactly the sort of old school , roll your sleeves up manager we need

I fancy Blackpool to pip us with what we have put it that way

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think , his dreadful run apart , he's exactly the sort of old school , roll your sleeves up manager we need

"his dreadful run apart"? Why do we have to discount his dreadful run? You could discount the shortcomings of just about any manager and make a case for them. We should have stuck with Mark Hudson because being out of his depth, his uninspiring demeanor, and general cluelessness apart, he's just the kind of manager we need.

"his dreadful run apart"? Why do we have to discount his dreadful run? You could discount the shortcomings of just about any manager and make a case for them. We should have stuck with Mark Hudson because being out of his depth, his uninspiring demeanor, and general cluelessness apart, he's just the kind of manager we need.
    Sludge

Do you think he's going to be worse than Whitehead?

Neither you nor I know the answer to that. We can only guess and make predictions based on our own thoughts and bias.

For all talk of needing an experienced manager, let's not forget that both Dave Jones and Malky Mackay have been relegated from the Championship. Mick McCarthy jumped ship just before Ipswich went down. I could go on. Bringing in an experienced head doesn't guarantee survival at all. A good manager is a good manager regardless of experience. Every manager has to start somewhere.

Everton stayed up last season after replacing the experienced Benitez with the far less experienced Lampard. Ok, this season has been horrendous for them, but how much that can be attributed to Lampard is another question. Similarly with us. We're unlikely to bring in many new players and certainly won't be bringing in much quality as Tan won't pay for it. We might survive this season. I get the feeling that, even if we stayed up, we're kicking the can down the road and will have a major job staying up next season, regardless of who we appoint.

The game has moved on mate. You need to try and move on with it.

IO see he's calling it eight games without a win - he's not wrong, but he's not doing himself justice

I wonder what the ‘mitigating circumstances’ that he refers to are? Does Mr Tan like 5 centre backs along with players who shoot from anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I honestly think he was trying for the sack at the end and his pay out.
    And he still ended up with a better win percentage and PPG than Steve Morison.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    The game has moved on mate. You need to try and move on with it.
    I hear this all the time

In 5 years time will Brentfords chap or Eddie Howe be surplus to requirements ?

It doesn't wash with me , football is a very simple game

Score goals , stop them doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Neither you nor I know the answer to that. We can only guess and make predictions based on our own thoughts and bias.

For all talk of needing an experienced manager, let's not forget that both Dave Jones and Malky Mackay have been relegated from the Championship. Mick McCarthy jumped ship just before Ipswich went down. I could go on. Bringing in an experienced head doesn't guarantee survival at all. A good manager is a good manager regardless of experience. Every manager has to start somewhere.

Everton stayed up last season after replacing the experienced Benitez with the far less experienced Lampard. Ok, this season has been horrendous for them, but how much that can be attributed to Lampard is another question. Similarly with us. We're unlikely to bring in many new players and certainly won't be bringing in much quality as Tan won't pay for it. We might survive this season. I get the feeling that, even if we stayed up, we're kicking the can down the road and will have a major job staying up next season, regardless of who we appoint.
    Dave Jones wasn't any good , don't bring him into the mix

I'll let you know when Whitehead loses 8 in a row.

I'll let you know when Whitehead loses 8 in a row.
    You do that