+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan Gullis Tory MP

Re: Jonathan Gullis Tory MP

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Do we even actually know for sure what the MP said and the full context?

Looking on twitter I see lots of furious left wingers, all the classics such as the brunette off bake off, but the only reference seems to be from Peter Kyle MP who is a bit of a divisive figure himself. He doesn't seem to have said anything about it since. Was he rattling the cage?

Also see that Mark Easton is the next for the abuse after he dared to question the narrative that everyone is fleeing famine and war etc (which I think we all recognise now that many plainly aren't)

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/bbc-journa...112253620.html
    You’ve stumped me now, are you saying it was a fair comment or denying he said it?

It’s widely reported now. He certainly hasn’t denied it and I’m sure plenty of reporters will have given him the opportunity to quite easily.

I haven’t read the mark easton story yet so won’t comment.

I always try my best to be open minded to listening to debates from both sides but that one from Gullis really did take me back as the lowest of the low

Gullis was fresh from calling the Heads of Teaching Unions "Commies and Bolsheviks" so it is reasonably in keeping with the persona he is trying to carve out. My guess is he thinks the best chance to retain the Stoke North seat that had been Labour for decades is to go all out Culture Warrior, now he has got Brexit done.

That said I have some sympathy with JamesWales views on the wider issue. You don't have to be in a vox pop for GB News to find something fishy on this story.

Hundreds of unaccompanied Albanian teenagers travel the breadth of the Continent. Have sufficient funds to get to Calais and "pay people traffickers for the small boat to Blighty to claim Asylum, from a country seeking EU membership. Only for 200 of them to disappear.

You could easily construct a scenario where the people who transported them from Albania across the Channel are now reacquainted with them to do whatever they planned for these unfortunates in the first place.

I think this is doing genuine asylum seekers no good at all. It is now 10 years and 7 Home Secretaries since Theresa May promised a Hostile Environment for illegal immigrants. Since then, Tory rhetoric amplified by sections of the media and others have bundled illegal immigrants and asylum seekers as one and the same thing. The words of Gullis bear testament to this.

The Catch-22 that asylum seekers find themselves because of the actions of the UK Govt is, apart from Resettlement Schemes such as those for Ukrainians and Afghans, there is no legal means of seeking asylum in the UK as you have to be in the UK to do it!

I was wrong when I said it was a decade since the Conservatives set an immigration target, it was thirteen years ago before they were in Government - strange you never hear this mentioned now.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/...it-immigration

I remarked in another thread quite recently what the real purpose of Albanians here are.

'The UK government is importing Albanians wholesale to bolster homegrown cannabis production and the distribution of harder drugs...' The missing Albanians I'll wager are now tending to grows in homes and at industrial units and the like to repay the crims who financed their trek across Europe and a spot in a dinghy at Calais.

Ensuring Britain remains awash with drugs is an important element in slowly but surely wrecking communities and society as a whole as it spawns a vast amount of criminality.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I remarked in another thread quite recently what the real purpose of Albanians here are.

'The UK government is importing Albanians wholesale to bolster homegrown cannabis production and the distribution of harder drugs...' The missing Albanians I'll wager are now tending to grows in homes and at industrial units and the like to repay the crims who financed their trek across Europe and a spot in a dinghy at Calais.

Ensuring Britain remains awash with drugs is an important element in slowly but surely wrecking communities and society as a whole as it spawns a vast amount of criminality.
    So the Tories have failed to get a grip on drug gangs entering the UK by boat. 13 years to sort this and it’s got considerably worse. Time to move aside and let someone else have a go.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    So the Tories have failed to get a grip on drug gangs entering the UK by boat. 13 years to sort this and it’s got considerably worse. Time to move aside and let someone else have a go.
    Clearly it is legislation they are partly responsible for that is being exploited but at least they recognised the problem which is a precursor to solving it.

As I said before, nearly everything I heard Yvette Cooper say the other day was almost to the letter what others were saying 18 months ago so hopefully there is an emerging consensus that something has to be done.

Aside from anything else, the public need to have faith in the process

Clearly it is legislation they are partly responsible for that is being exploited but at least they recognised the problem which is a precursor to solving it.

As I said before, nearly everything I heard Yvette Cooper say the other day was almost to the letter what others were saying 18 months ago so hopefully there is an emerging consensus that something has to be done.

Aside from anything else, the public need to have faith in the process
    how much of a precursor do you need? is 13 years not enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    how much of a precursor do you need? is 13 years not enough?
    Give over RJK, anything the govt did to try and solve this problem you would have been one of the first to object to.

A problem exists that's true, and there are numerous reasons for that part of which of course are the the govts. But the solutions are perhaps in the opposite direction of what many opponents argue. So while they may not have found a solution, that doesn't mean other parties have and it may be the case that they are even further away from doing so.

Give over RJK, anything the govt did to try and solve this problem you would have been one of the first to object to.

A problem exists that's true, and there are numerous reasons for that part of which of course are the the govts. But the solutions are perhaps in the opposite direction of what many opponents argue. So while they may not have found a solution, that doesn't mean other parties have and it may be the case that they are even further away from doing so.
    So send the Albanians to Rwanda or back to Albania?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    So send the Albanians to Rwanda or back to Albania?
    The policy to send people to Rwanda is quite obviously proposed as a means to massively prevent those from countries such as Albania from coming in the first place and applying for asylum.

The policy to send people to Rwanda is quite obviously proposed as a means to massively prevent those from countries such as Albania from coming in the first place and applying for asylum.
    So you disagree with LOM that by now thousands of people would have been sent there?

We have already paid them 120 million for the privilege of sending nobody and now you are saying it was just a threat and that we weren't serious about deporting anyone?

But honestly, do you agree with the guy you have quoted above (Tony Saggers) or the government. Send them back to Albania or send them to Rwanda. Which one makes more sense to you?

Only it wasn't quite obviously proposed with Albanians in mind. When Pritti Patel first mooted an off-shore solution in early 2021 the number of Albanians arriving in small boats were in the tens. Only in the last 18 months have Albanians began to be the dominant nationality.

The first proposed flight after the Law Lords judgement apparently has three quarters of nationalities from exactly the kind of trouble spots you would expect genuine asylum seekers to come from, (Afghanistan, Eritrea, Syria, Iran, Somalia). People who are forced into crossing by boats because there is no legitimate means of claiming asylum without setting foot on UK soil.

The Albanians, give cloud cover to those like yourself who happily package illegal immigrants, economic migrants and asylum seekers in the same basket and "solutionise" based on the lowest common denominator!

It would seem a lot more straightforward to have a legal route to asylum entry, process applications more quickly and send those entering illegally back.

You'd swear that they're trying to get everyone in the same boat, literally

You two must be working for the people trafficking gangs to come up with such mental suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Only it wasn't quite obviously proposed with Albanians in mind. When Pritti Patel first mooted an off-shore solution in early 2021 the number of Albanians arriving in small boats were in the tens. Only in the last 18 months have Albanians began to be the dominant nationality.

The first proposed flight after the Law Lords judgement apparently has three quarters of nationalities from exactly the kind of trouble spots you would expect genuine asylum seekers to come from, (Afghanistan, Eritrea, Syria, Iran, Somalia). People who are forced into crossing by boats because there is no legitimate means of claiming asylum without setting foot on UK soil.

The Albanians, give cloud cover to those like yourself who happily package illegal immigrants, economic migrants and asylum seekers in the same basket and "solutionise" based on the lowest common denominator!
    I don't package those different groups of people in the same bracket at all.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    It would seem a lot more straightforward to have a legal route to asylum entry, process applications more quickly and send those entering illegally back.

You'd swear that they're trying to get everyone in the same boat, literally
    Except a legal route would likely lead to a huge increase in applications. Process applications quickly is far more easily said that done. Send those entering illegally back (for them to start the process again)

Except a legal route would likely lead to a huge increase in applications. Process applications quickly is far more easily said that done. Send those entering illegally back (for them to start the process again)
    If it lead to an increase in successful legal immigration from those with a genuine claim to asylum while reducing illegal immigration, then surely that’s a good thing.

Not having a way of legal entry and Rwanda flights on standby doesn’t seem to be pushing the numbers entering down

Do we even actually know for sure what the MP said and the full context?

Looking on twitter I see lots of furious left wingers, all the classics such as the brunette off bake off, but the only reference seems to be from Peter Kyle MP who is a bit of a divisive figure himself. He doesn't seem to have said anything about it since. Was he rattling the cage?

Also see that Mark Easton is the next for the abuse after he dared to question the narrative that everyone is fleeing famine and war etc (which I think we all recognise now that many plainly aren't)

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/bbc-journa...112253620.html
    Well, well, well. We now know that that horrible, horrible man did make disparaging comments because he’s had to apologise

And a grovelling one too.

https://twitter.com/jongullismp/stat...rrxiW_2KTciHnw

Only sorry when they get caught.

Well, well, well. We now know that that horrible, horrible man did make disparaging comments because he’s had to apologise

“Soul searching” - surprised he’s got one.

No doubt someone's leant on the sick thicko.

Stuff like this must be frustrating for those who have defended what he said

James Wales what are you going to say now you idiot

That he was wrong to apologise and he was right all along ?

Can you wriggle your way out of this ?

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Stuff like this must be frustrating for those who have defended what he said
    You mean James Tory Boy ?

Surely not

Teacher ?

Surely we can shoot teachers with these sort of views along with nurses and doctors of a right wing goose stepping line of thought ?

Always a tiny minority but still one is too many

Maybe it was in a private school for rich kids

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    James Wales what are you going to say now you idiot

That he was wrong to apologise and he was right all along ?

Can you wriggle your way out of this ?
    Silence. He won’t retract because he believes what he says. This MP has been made to do it as even the Tories must be ashamed of his sick comments, especially as they, and they alone, have created the environment for these poor kids to go missing.
    Last edited by Dave Blue; 28-01-23 at 22:39. Reason: Typo