+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: More Sh!tty Coppers.

More Sh!tty Coppers.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...icers-26076598

The old bill have always had their fair share of d!ckheads but it seems theres a new story every day.

Re: More Sh!tty Coppers.

We tend to centre on the bad stories and I not defending those who have committed dreadful crimes ,however there is bad in a lot of large organisations and the police force is huge around 141 thousand personal. The percentage of bad apple's in such an organisation will also be higher .

Yes there is a new story everyday and that In my view is good as its no longer buried..

A few other big organisations like NHS , Army etc could help themselves and society as by stripping away its internal firewalls and expose wrongful behaviour....

Long live this new trend of reporting of wrong doing and convictions.

PS: Policing in this age is not easy many have PTSD the majority of our police do a tough and good job. ( better than most) as we can see from footage accross the pond where black police officers beat to death a black person after a traffic stop , can't imagine the riots if it had been a white officers...

Something very 'Black Mirror' about the way this video of the murder of the kid in Memphis is being released at 6pm across the US and poured over like it's a film.

Sick place.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Something very 'Black Mirror' about the way this video of the murder of the kid in Memphis is being released at 6pm across the US and poured over like it's a film.

Sick place.
    I couldn't bring myself to watch the video but read
    Some awful things like hexwas crying for his mother.
    It sounds so heartbreakingly sad and barbaric.
    Then there are quotes like this from a local barber.

"He would ride his skateboard with headphones on, just coasting and minding his business," he said. "He never bothered anyone."

So sad, the world is really Fcuked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

"He would ride his skateboard with headphones on, just coasting and minding his business," he said. "He never bothered anyone."

I only learnt today that there have been 1123 citizens killed by US police in the last year and the vast majority of victims were black. If you crudely extrapolated that data to the UK population then there would have been over 200 deaths by police officer's over here. What do we usually get, maybe a handful?

Yes there's something radically wrong indeed and it's not too difficult to work out what.

: “whites killing blacks 2%”, “police killing whites 3%”, “whites killing whites 16%”, “blacks killing whites 81%”, “police killing blacks 1%” and “blacks killing blacks 97%”. No dates are specified, and the data is attributed to “stats from Wikipedia”.

In the “Homicide” section of Wikipedia’s Race and Crime in the United States entry here , the site quotes a report by the U.S. Department of Justice visible here (see page 13). The report, which analyzes Homicide Trends in the U.S. between 1980-2008, found that within that period “most murders were intraracial”, with 84% of white victims killed by whites and 93% of Black victims killed by Black perpetrators.

Murders of police officers rose by nearly 60% during 2021, amid a wider rise in violent crime across the US, according to FBI Director Christopher Wray.

In an interview with 60 Minutes, Mr Wray said 73 officers were killed in the line of duty last year.

Murders of all kinds across the US have risen dramatically since 2019.

Mr Wray said violence against police was a "phenomena" that "doesn't get enough attention".

He said it amounted to an officer killed every five days. Around 1,000 people are killed in the US by police each year, although only a small proportion of cases lead to criminal charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I only learnt today that there have been 1123 citizens killed by US police in the last year and the vast majority of victims were black. If you crudely extrapolated that data to the UK population then there would have been over 200 deaths by police officer's over here. What do we usually get, maybe a handful?

Yes there's something radically wrong indeed and it's not too difficult to work out what.
    Before the George Floyd killing I'd not considered black peoples fear of the police.
    Friends of mine have since told me that they are petrified of being pulled over for a traffic stop.

There is of course spin put on this terrible incident that it was a racist crime due to racial profiling.
    I think that claim is massively unhelpful and unfair (not to say that there isn't institutional racism with in the police force). I think that there may have been something personal between the victim and one of the policemen.

Before the George Floyd killing I'd not considered black peoples fear of the police.
    Friends of mine have since told me that they are petrified of being pulled over for a traffic stop.

There is of course spin put on this terrible incident that it was a racist crime due to racial profiling.
    I think that claim is massively unhelpful and unfair (not to say that there isn't institutional racism with in the police force). I think that there may have been something personal between the victim and one of the policemen.
    Think your right .

The unit the cops work for are an agreed zero tolerance group called Scorpion that patrol dangerous streets in unmarked cars and treat crime with street like violence .its a common tactic in some cities there was a TV Drama based on one such unit .. called The Sheild ..

Yes of course that's quite possible. Like you I had no idea that this is more than a simple problem of white on black. The entire US law enforcement system has a critical problem.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64442756

The Memphis Police Department has disbanded the so-called Scorpion special unit, whose officers are accused of murdering Tyre Nichols.

Scorpion stands for "Street Crimes Operation to Restore Peace in Our Neighborhoods".

The unit is a 50-person unit with the mission of bringing down crime levels in particular areas.

But now it is being abolished after its officers were seen beating Mr Nichols, 29, in the videos from 7 January.

I think the racial element is overblown. It fits the narrative some in the media want to use and it's a simple (quite literally black and white) lens for some to see it through.

The reality is that far more white people are shot by police every year in the US than black, and far less of other races. Disproportionately it is black men who are more likely to die, but disproportionately they are more involved in police interactions

There are an enormous amount of race issues in America. Their cities are grotesquely divided on racial lines in a way visually that is far closer to South Africa than the UK. (Look up the race maps of any large US city). That's the issue, and Police brutality and the general lack of law and order.

I think simplistically saying the issue is police racism and that's it (as was said after George Floyd) doesn't help solve anything.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64442756

The Memphis Police Department has disbanded the so-called Scorpion special unit, whose officers are accused of murdering Tyre Nichols.

Scorpion stands for "Street Crimes Operation to Restore Peace in Our Neighborhoods".

The unit is a 50-person unit with the mission of bringing down crime levels in particular areas.

But now it is being abolished after its officers were seen beating Mr Nichols, 29, in the videos from 7 January.
    This just made me close to welling up.
    He doesn't seem to be the kind of person that such a u it should be interested in.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64424829