+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lamouchi appointed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lamouchi appointed

Just had a notification from the official club app.

Re: Lamouchi appointed

Interesting comment from Tan - "“I’m confident that Sabri will be able to deliver what we know this squad is capable of achieving and I look forward to the games that we have ahead of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Interesting comment from Tan - "“I’m confident that Sabri will be able to deliver what we know this squad is capable of achieving and I look forward to the games that we have ahead of us."
    How is that comment interesting, Eric, old fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Hmmm I read that as interesting too. Could just be a swipe at the previous managers being poor - or more worryingly might suggest that Tan sees the squad as it is is good enough and doesn't need strengthening.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Hmmm I read that as interesting too. Could just be a swipe at the previous managers being poor - or more worryingly might suggest that Tan sees the squad as it is is good enough and doesn't need strengthening.
    Should that be the case then you'd think Lamouchi must think the same. Otherwise, why would he come just until the end of the season?

I've not been impressed by the board in recent times but this appointment does make me feel a bit more upbeat about things

Because he’s handing over the rains! It’s going to poss down on him.

You think Tan came up with that?

Good news, an actual manager being a manager.

I think it’s a good appointment, better than originally thought we would get.

No mention of length of contract?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

WoL say until the end of season.

StT.
    <><

Wales Online saying it is just to the end of the season.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-26084419

Not sure the length of contract means very much - other than to affect the size of the compensation package when the manager is sacked?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Wales Online saying it is just to the end of the season.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-26084419

Not sure the length of contract means very much - other than to affect the size of the compensation package when the manager is sacked?
    or the compensation we get if he is poached by another club!

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Des View Post
    or the compensation we get if he is poached by another club!
    Or even grilled.

Just had a notification from the official club app.
    I’m just relieved that we have appointed someone who has done the job before at this level and who isn’t another cheap uninspiring internal ‘promotion’.

I really hope that this works out well for everyone.

Media conference with Lamouchi and Bamba later today.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...point-lamouchi

No point announcing length of contract - it won't last 😂😂

Positive move as far as I am concerned. Not a “cheap option” so let’s get behind him and the team and see what happens

"We know what this squad is capable of achieving." It wasn't so long ago they were being touted as capable of making the playoffs by Hudson.

The club's owner and hierarchy seem to think the players we have are way better than our league position suggests and I suspect Lamouchi has been told he'll have to work with what he's got with little chance of bringing in anyone new.

The club's owner and hierarchy seem to think the players we have are way better than our league position suggests and I suspect Lamouchi has been told he'll have to work with what he's got with little chance of bringing in anyone new.
    I have long suspected that a certain S Morison Esq assured the owner that this squad was capable of much better things, hence his sacking. Before the season began, Mehmet Dalman told that live podcast he did that he believed mid-table consolidation would equate to success this season, but others at the club believed otherwise and he was basically in a minority of one. It was another example of Dalman attempting to distance himself from the owner, but I reckon there was certainly more than a little truth in what he was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I have long suspected that a certain S Morison Esq assured the owner that this squad was capable of much better things, hence his sacking. Before the season began, Mehmet Dalman told that live podcast he did that he believed mid-table consolidation would equate to success this season, but others at the club believed otherwise and he was basically in a minority of one. It was another example of Dalman attempting to distance himself from the owner, but I reckon there was certainly more than a little truth in what he was saying.
    You're speculating of course, but as someone who's seen every home game this season and watched a fair chunk of our away games on media etc., I'd say Dalman's assertions weren't totally unreasonable, if a little optimistic. If we had been taking our fair share of chances that we've created , we would be well clear of the bottom 3. I'm not sure that's something Morison could have anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You're speculating of course, but as someone who's seen every home game this season and watched a fair chunk of our away games on media etc., I'd say Dalman's assertions weren't totally unreasonable, if a little optimistic. If we had been taking our fair share of chances that we've created , we would be well clear of the bottom 3. I'm not sure that's something Morison could have anticipated.
    So what you’re basically saying is that if City were better at scoring goals, they’d be in a better position. I think so too.

As for Morison, he started the season with Watters and Harris up front. Perhaps he didn’t anticipate that pair would struggle to score goals in the Championship, but I and many other supporters did as there was plenty of evidence to suggest it would be the case.

So what you’re basically saying is that if City were better at scoring goals, they’d be in a better position. I think so too.

As for Morison, he started the season with Watters and Harris up front. Perhaps he didn’t anticipate that pair would struggle to score goals in the Championship, but I and many other supporters did as there was plenty of evidence to suggest it would be the case.
    Yes, no need for hindsight to know that pairing up front wasn’t going to work and score the goals required in the Champioship. Mind when we went 1-0 up at Reading in the 2nd game, we were top of the league for about 15 minutes

Are you suggesting that Morison should have realised that those two forwards who, up until the end of last season had averaged a goal per 11 and 8.7 games respectively in the Championship, might have struggled to score goals? If only this sort of insight had been available to him.

As it is, both players are having fine seasons that won't affect their stats at all. Watters has no goals from 13, Harris is averaging a goal every 9 appearances. If only there was a way Morison could have known this was likely......

I concede that our attacking options were never properly addressed - even with Robinson coming in.

"We know what this squad is capable of achieving." It wasn't so long ago they were being touted as capable of making the playoffs by Hudson.

Wales Online have been confidently claiming for a few days (I know.... but seems this is coming from the club) that three players are expected in before the window closes.

Tan is hardly a footballing expert. I would take it with a pinch of salt.