+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lamouchi appointed

Re: Lamouchi appointed

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You must have read the report and missed the bit about three signings lined up to come in already then. Plus, why would the owner, manager or anyone else in their right mind for that matter within the club make a public statement that the players aren't good enough, when it is certain that they will all be watching what is said very closely. Its not rocket science. There has been enough of that crap going on already from certain sections of the fan base.
    Let's see what 3 players come in first, if they do of course. Signing 3 players is not out of the question obviously, but if they're shite, then it's just adding insult to injury and is a waste of time and money.

You seem to differ in your opinion so I can only assume that you are not only expecting 3 signings, but you're clearly expecting them to be better than a waste of money and time... We'll wait and see then eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Interesting comment from Tan - "“I’m confident that Sabri will be able to deliver what we know this squad is capable of achieving and I look forward to the games that we have ahead of us."
    You think Tan came up with that?

Welcome To The Club

Seems like a very positive appointment after Harris, Mad Mick , Morison and Hudson

Bluebirds !

Interesting comment from Tan - "“I’m confident that Sabri will be able to deliver what we know this squad is capable of achieving and I look forward to the games that we have ahead of us."
    Don't worry about it

Get behind them

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Move on Dave! Haha
    S Morison Esq already has. Vinnie saw to that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I have long suspected that a certain S Morison Esq assured the owner that this squad was capable of much better things, hence his sacking. Before the season began, Mehmet Dalman told that live podcast he did that he believed mid-table consolidation would equate to success this season, but others at the club believed otherwise and he was basically in a minority of one. It was another example of Dalman attempting to distance himself from the owner, but I reckon there was certainly more than a little truth in what he was saying.
    You're speculating of course, but as someone who's seen every home game this season and watched a fair chunk of our away games on media etc., I'd say Dalman's assertions weren't totally unreasonable, if a little optimistic. If we had been taking our fair share of chances that we've created , we would be well clear of the bottom 3. I'm not sure that's something Morison could have anticipated.

All in all I'm quite happy with these appointments.......probably better than hoped for, and the Forest fans generally have good things to say about him. Bamba will bring some passion into proceedings and the dressing room atmosphere I am sure.
    Don't expect a Lazarus style miracle on Tuesday though...he (they) will barely know the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    All in all I'm quite happy with these appointments.......probably better than hoped for, and the Forest fans generally have good things to say about him. Bamba will bring some passion into proceedings and the dressing room atmosphere I am sure.
    Don't expect a Lazarus style miracle on Tuesday though...he (they) will barely know the players.
    Getting them to pass to someone wearing the same colour shirt will be a start

When can we expect the announcement of Grabban then?

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Des View Post
    or the compensation we get if he is poached by another club!
    Or even grilled.

Also, parking the 'legend' status discussion aside, it's potentially a great move bringing in Sol too. He's loved by the fans, has an affinity for the club, and if a fraction of his fight and passion can be passed on to the squad - it's exactly what's need in a relegation battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I'm convinced Tan has a buyer lined up and will handover in the summer - no evidence no in the know sources just a gut feeling
    Could be gastroentiritis.

"We know what this squad is capable of achieving." It wasn't so long ago they were being touted as capable of making the playoffs by Hudson.

The club's owner and hierarchy seem to think the players we have are way better than our league position suggests and I suspect Lamouchi has been told he'll have to work with what he's got with little chance of bringing in anyone new.
    Tan is hardly a footballing expert. I would take it with a pinch of salt.

May he become one of our great managers, we can dream.
    One refreshing thing (Hudson aside) is not having to look at an angry gammon on the sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You're speculating of course, but as someone who's seen every home game this season and watched a fair chunk of our away games on media etc., I'd say Dalman's assertions weren't totally unreasonable, if a little optimistic. If we had been taking our fair share of chances that we've created , we would be well clear of the bottom 3. I'm not sure that's something Morison could have anticipated.
    So what you’re basically saying is that if City were better at scoring goals, they’d be in a better position. I think so too.

As for Morison, he started the season with Watters and Harris up front. Perhaps he didn’t anticipate that pair would struggle to score goals in the Championship, but I and many other supporters did as there was plenty of evidence to suggest it would be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What is love?
    Sabri Lamouchi
    Lamouchi
    J'adore
    I was quite happy this morning. Seems like a fairly ambitious appointment.

However, the prospect of this chant has put me off and now I demand the return of Russel Slade

So what you’re basically saying is that if City were better at scoring goals, they’d be in a better position. I think so too.

As for Morison, he started the season with Watters and Harris up front. Perhaps he didn’t anticipate that pair would struggle to score goals in the Championship, but I and many other supporters did as there was plenty of evidence to suggest it would be the case.
    Yes, no need for hindsight to know that pairing up front wasn’t going to work and score the goals required in the Champioship. Mind when we went 1-0 up at Reading in the 2nd game, we were top of the league for about 15 minutes

Are you suggesting that Morison should have realised that those two forwards who, up until the end of last season had averaged a goal per 11 and 8.7 games respectively in the Championship, might have struggled to score goals? If only this sort of insight had been available to him.

As it is, both players are having fine seasons that won't affect their stats at all. Watters has no goals from 13, Harris is averaging a goal every 9 appearances. If only there was a way Morison could have known this was likely......

Are you suggesting that Morison should have realised that those two forwards who, up until the end of last season had averaged a goal per 11 and 8.7 games respectively in the Championship, might have struggled to score goals? If only this sort of insight had been available to him.

As it is, both players are having fine seasons that won't affect their stats at all. Watters has no goals from 13, Harris is averaging a goal every 9 appearances. If only there was a way Morison could have known this was likely......
    Stat men unite

It’s like the addition to the Avengers we never knew we needed haha.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Stat men unite It’s like the addition to the Avengers we never knew we needed haha.
    In fairness, you don’t need any stats where Watters is concerned. You’ve only got to look at him.

In fairness, you don’t need any stats where Watters is concerned. You’ve only got to look at him.
    He cost £1m, we'll be lucky to get a tenner for him

I concede that our attacking options were never properly addressed - even with Robinson coming in.

Just had a quick look on the Barnsley forum

A few people noting that he's looking well off the pace fitness-wise. Even in league 1.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

A few people noting that he's looking well off the pace fitness-wise. Even in league 1.
    They do run around a lot up there to be fair.
    Last edited by Dave Blue; 27-01-23 at 16:20. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

It’ll take them a while, but they’ll come to realise its not a fitness issue - it’s his natural demeanour. All-action he is not.