+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clare Drakeford dies

Clare Drakeford dies

Whatever your political persuasion this is sad.

https://news.sky.com/story/clare-dra...-dies-12797531

Re: Clare Drakeford dies

Very sad news.
    I wonder if that will hasten the First Minister's retirement. He always said he won't stay on until the end of the term.

I remember Mark Drakeford “living” in the garden shed during the lockdown because his wife and one other family member I believe were categorised as vulnerable, so I think she may not have been in the best of health.

Sad news and you’d think it might signal Mark Drakeford’s standing down as First Minister.

The tributes and condolences from other politicians seem more genuine than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The tributes and condolences from other politicians seem more genuine than usual.
    I know a few Plaid counsellors who know him well and whilst they say they don’t always agree with Mark politically they say he is a lovely, genuine guy. Sad news for him and his family.

Very sad and I feel very sorry for him and his family. He presumably envisaged retiring from politics at some point in the not too distant future and enjoying the rest of his life with her. Very sad.

It’s very sad news.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I remember Mark Drakeford “living” in the garden shed during the lockdown because his wife and one other family member I believe were categorised as vulnerable, so I think she may not have been in the best of health.

Sad news and you’d think it might signal Mark Drakeford’s standing down as First Minister.
    She attended A&E at the Heath a couple of months ago. Not sure what the reason was or how well she was when she left. My daughter was working there until Christmas.