+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glatzel back with a bang

Glatzel back with a bang

Two more goals for former City striker Robert Glatzel this afternoon as Bundesliga 2 resumed after a two-and-a-half month break. Hamburg beat Eintracht Braunschweig 4-2 to move second in the table and Glatzel now leads the Bundesliga 2 scoring charts with 13 goals in 17 (+1) appearances.

It could and should have been a hat-trick for the ex-Bluebird today as he missed an absolute sitter during the second half and incredibly he also hit the crossbar with a back-heeled effort. That was a new one for me, I can't recall seeing that happen before.

Highlights here. The back-heel to the crossbar is at around the 5:40 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzFP...nChopStickzPro

Glatzel's record for Hamburg now reads 38 goals in 56 (+1) appearances in all competitions.

Re: Glatzel back with a bang

My mate Jurgen who I go to all the City games with was raving about Glatzel when he originally signed.
    Jurgen’s old man is a season ticket holder at Heidenheim and they were devastated when he left.
    It’s just unfortunate that things didn’t turn out the way we expected but playing him as a lone frontman was a huge mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    It’s just unfortunate that things didn’t turn out the way we expected but playing him as a lone frontman was a huge mistake
    He often plays as a lone front man for Hamburg, but I'd guess the difference is they don't just whack balls in his general direction from fifty or sixty yards.

I’m glad he’s doing well for himself and those statistics will only enhance his worth 👍

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He often plays as a lone front man for Hamburg, but I'd guess the difference is they don't just whack balls in his general direction from fifty or sixty yards.
    this

Two more goals for former City striker Robert Glatzel this afternoon as Bundesliga 2 resumed after a two-and-a-half month break. Hamburg beat Eintracht Braunschweig 4-2 to move second in the table and Glatzel now leads the Bundesliga 2 scoring charts with 13 goals in 17 (+1) appearances.

It could and should have been a hat-trick for the ex-Bluebird today as he missed an absolute sitter during the second half and incredibly he also hit the crossbar with a back-heeled effort. That was a new one for me, I can't recall seeing that happen before.

Highlights here. The back-heel to the crossbar is at around the 5:40 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzFP...nChopStickzPro

Glatzel's record for Hamburg now reads 38 goals in 56 (+1) appearances in all competitions.
    I think they'll get promoted, barring a monumental dip in form that Hamburg are more than capable of, and it will be interesting to see how he does at the top level.

Loved Glatzel, completely wasted talent with our style of play.

you mean like we do with any striker over about 6 foot 1, whether that's in their skillset or not?

I had Braunschweig in my bet, fancied them to nick it.
    Trust Glatzel to f*ck it up...

Nobody mentioning not playing to his mystery strengths yet.?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Nobody mentioning not playing to his mystery strengths yet.?
    Goal scoring is obviously a strength of his.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Goal scoring is obviously a strength of his.
    Like Eoin Doyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Like Eoin Doyle.
    With all due respect to Doyle, I’m not aware that he ever banged in goals in front of 50,000 crowds on a regular basis.

The interesting thing about Glatzel’s form for Hamburg is that he scores all sorts of goals for them including headers - something he never did here.

The player’s record demonstrates he has obvious ability. Unfortunately, City simply didn’t get the best out of him, although he scored more goals for Cardiff than the likes of Harris and Watters have managed.

With all due respect to Doyle, I’m not aware that he ever banged in goals in front of 50,000 crowds on a regular basis.

The interesting thing about Glatzel’s form for Hamburg is that he scores all sorts of goals for them including headers - something he never did here.

The player’s record demonstrates he has obvious ability. Unfortunately, City simply didn’t get the best out of him, although he scored more goals for Cardiff than the likes of Harris and Watters have managed.
    Maybe on FIFA

He'd have had better service at the local brothel than at our place.
    With far less hassle too I'd imagine.

Have we got a sell on clause