+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wrexham for the prem?

Re: Wrexham for the prem?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Just had a look on Wiki. As usual population figures are all over the place depending on where the boundary is drawn. Wrexham is either a town of 61,500 or 135,100. Bournemouth has 3x the population of Wrexham (by either count).
    The town of Wrexham is 61,500

The larger metropolitan or travel to work area is 135, 100

Basically all the smaller towns within ten miles which are part of Wrexham Borough

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The town of Wrexham is 61,500

The larger metropolitan or travel to work area is 135, 100

Basically all the smaller towns within ten miles which are part of Wrexham Borough
    And it's a ****ing hole of a place.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Not sure I really get this ‘love in’ with Wrexham?

Why would we (CCFC) want them to be successful?
    Same. I don't want them to do badly, but after that, i couldn't really care less what happens to them.

Why wouldn't we?

They are a welsh club, and no threat to us at the moment. Give it 4 years tho and they my well be snapping at our heels.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    And Tan is a ?
    septuagenarian

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    And Tan is a ?
    An example of how not to run a football club

I’m with you, I do have a slight man crush on Ryan Reynolds but the scally Wrexham fans can do one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bloody 'ell Des, you do like them. Did you let a 'few in' in order to help speed up their progress
    Probably. My memory is not that good (wife’s job). I let in a few over 3 decades for sure. I let in 8 in the first half against Bristol Rovers once, pre season friendly, a guy called Devon White scored 5, thank feck they took him off at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Why wouldn't we?

They are a welsh club, and no threat to us at the moment. Give it 4 years tho and they my well be snapping at our heels.
    Some City fans used to want the jacks to do well…..that didn’t end too good for us

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Probably. My memory is not that good (wife’s job). I let in a few over 3 decades for sure. I let in 8 in the first half against Bristol Rovers once, pre season friendly, a guy called Devon White scored 5, thank feck they took him off at half time.
    Decent level then. Remember Devon White almost killing Lee Baddeley in a league game at home v Rovers, he rag dolled him, and to top it all off, Kicked Baddeley in the head, although i don't think it was intentional, the ball was very low and Baddeley, instead of using his feet ( which was a no, no) attempted to head the ball. Game over, for him.

Some City fans used to want the jacks to do well…..that didn’t end too good for us
    I can honestly say I would like the jacks to struggle in the league Wrexham are in for several decades

If not longer

Personally , i really enjoyed the Welcome to wrexham TV series, its a really enjoyable humorous watch

it could have been any national league side, it would have made no difference to me, Rob comes across as a very decent bloke and doing it for all the right reasons, Ryan I was a little unsure of, but as the show went on, I think he gets it now, so they both appear to be on the same page and when they leave wrexham FC ( and its community ) it will be in a better place

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Same. I don't want them to do badly, but after that, i couldn't really care less what happens to them.
    Me too. I'd like Notts County to get promoted above all other sides in the National League.

I think the benefit of Wrexham being very successful is that it would be a net positive for Welsh football, would certainly provide a big boost to the national team, if wrexham could get a top class academy and develop new talent from North Wales to feed into our first team that would be great.

Also do not really see them as a threat to Cardiff in anyway, because even if they were to become more successful than us as a club, that would have practically no affect on us due to the sheer distance away they are. Where as Newport and Swansea can feasible take fans away from Cardiff catchment areas. Wrexham can not.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I think the benefit of Wrexham being very successful is that it would be a net positive for Welsh football, would certainly provide a big boost to the national team, if wrexham could get a top class academy and develop new talent from North Wales to feed into our first team that would be great.

Also do not really see them as a threat to Cardiff in anyway, because even if they were to become more successful than us as a club, that would have practically no affect on us due to the sheer distance away they are. Where as Newport and Swansea can feasible take fans away from Cardiff catchment areas. Wrexham can not.
    Swansea most definitely do

Since the jacks went into the Premier league and stayed there for 6 seasons they stole a generation of younger fans and there are definitely more Swansea fans in the west of our catchment area than I can remember

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Swansea most definitely do

Since the jacks went into the Premier league and stayed there for 6 seasons they stole a generation of younger fans and there are definitely more Swansea fans in the west of our catchment area than I can remember
    I believe we are both Bridgend Sludge, before Swansea went to the prem, never saw a Swansea shirt in Bridgend, different story today.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I believe we are both Bridgend Sludge, before Swansea went to the prem, never saw a Swansea shirt in Bridgend, different story today.

I see more Swansea shirts these days , the kids of 14 or 15 a few years ago when Swansea were in the Premier league .....the old man is going to take them there and with some of them it sticks

Remember when Sam was saying the same about us, fair play we got there in the end!