+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Last of Us HBO TV Series

The Last of Us HBO TV Series

Anyone watching this?

Its a post apocalyptic show based on a PS5 game. 3 episodes in and so far seems really good.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3581920/

Re: The Last of Us HBO TV Series

Yeah, thought today’s episode was brilliant. They’ve all been great but todays was so well done.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Yeah, thought today’s episode was brilliant. They’ve all been great but todays was so well done.
    Todays episode has really split the camp.

I had no knowledge of the game so was expecting the usual zombie slasher but the episode today was superb and caught me by surprise.

just watched the 1st 2, good so far... could have done 3 but getting tired now

will catch that tomorrow for sure

i nearly watched the first one utter crap for me

As a fan of both games I've enjoyed it.

Story is very similar with tweaks here and there, most of which I've actually thought improved it.

Wasn't expecting that 3rd episode for instance, in the game you meet Bill but his partner is already dead so you find out little about him or their life.

Thought it was a superb episode and a break from what's to come I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Story is very similar with tweaks here and there, most of which I've actually thought improved it.

Wasn't expecting that 3rd episode for instance, in the game you meet Bill but his partner is already dead so you find out little about him or their life.

Thought it was a superb episode and a break from what's to come I'm sure.
    Nice spoiler.

Really enjoying it. I have no knowledge of the video game (in fact I've never played a video game at home on a console in my life, aside from Asteroids and Space Invaders down the local café in the 70's), so had no pre-conceived ideas about the tv series.
    I was worried it was just rehashing the Walking Dead genre but I'm really enjoying it. I agree with the other posters, last night's episode was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

From what I've read, they made the tweaks as some things that worked in the game wouldn't work in TV, and being a TV series allowed them to expand on backstories etc. They've already signed/announced Series 2, though may even be a 3rd series if they split the second game in two.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Nice spoiler.
    Well only for the game. #SpoilerAlert

Looking forward to this a lot. I played the first game about a decade ago and it was brilliant, I highly recommend it. I’ve not played the second but heard good things about it.