+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Visible protest inside the ground needed

Visible protest inside the ground needed

Something along the lines of Man United's green and yellow scarves needed.

Something that gets the media talking and something visible for Tan.

A few hundred outside is a start but is it effective if the owner is thousands of miles away with his feet up watching on TV?

The club is being run horrendously and they need to know what the fans think.

Re: Visible protest inside the ground needed

I love a well organised protest as much as the next man, but I think they’d be badly timed at the moment.

Give the new management team and this new striker a chance.

The team need the fans more than ever and I’d rather we put our energy into supporting them for now.

There are ways to protest that don’t impact the atmosphere inside the ground and I’d prefer those alternatives for the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I love a well organised protest as much as the next man, but I think they’d be badly timed at the moment.

Give the new management team and this new striker a chance.

The team need the fans more than ever and I’d rather we put our energy into supporting them for now.

There are ways to protest that don’t impact the atmosphere inside the ground and I’d prefer those alternatives for the short term.
    I do see what you mean but when is the right time for this.
    In a few months we will be in League 1 with the same board making the same mistakes.

The team and manager need our full backing definitely.
    That's why I am thinking more scarves or something of that nature that is visible while backing the team.

Until we have a viable new owner lined up any protests are pointless really

We are all pissed off but telling the club we are pissed off isn't going to do anything at all to alter the situation

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I do see what you mean but when is the right time for this.
    In a few months we will be in League 1 with the same board making the same mistakes.

The team and manager need our full backing definitely.
    That's why I am thinking more scarves or something of that nature that is visible while backing the team.
    Unless we have a change of ownership then clearly we are going to have the same people doing the same thing

Nothing can be done really I am afraid

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Unless we have a change of ownership then clearly we are going to have the same people doing the same thing

Nothing can be done really I am afraid
    If fans aren't happy then surely there has to be some way of showing it?

A few hundred outside is a start but is it effective if the owner is thousands of miles away with his feet up watching on TV?

From here we will either go down or stay up - mass protests aren't going to improve the way the team are playing.
    The transfer window is closed, the only thing the board can do is sack the manager again and I can't see how that would help.

Doesn't seem like the right time to me at all

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    From here we will either go down or stay up - mass protests aren't going to improve the way the team are playing.
    The transfer window is closed, the only thing the board can do is sack the manager again and I can't see how that would help.

Doesn't seem like the right time to me at all
    When would the right time be in your opinion?

Protests happened at the last home game outside the ground.

Not sure what you want the outcome of this to be?

But at the press conference to introduce the new manager Dalman was asked about the unrest with the fans and he said it was overstated (I think that was the word he used) and Sol also recognised the disconnect
    between club and fans

So any protest would fall on deaf ears and if they don't get it now they never will and this will be coupled with falling number of people coming through the turnstiles

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Not sure what you want the outcome of this to be?

But at the press conference to introduce the new manager Dalman was asked about the unrest with the fans and he said it was overstated (I think that was the word he used) and Sol also recognised the disconnect
    between club and fans

So any protest would fall on deaf ears and if they don't get it now they never will and this will be coupled with falling number of people coming through the turnstiles
    Well to let them know that fans aren't happy obviously.
    If Dalman thinks that fans being unhappy is overstated then he will see won't he.
    I see it as a choice. The fans can voice their concern and try to bring about change (not necessarily Tan selling the club) or leave it as it is. For many it seems to be the latter.

If we don't do anything and just keep turning up and saying next to nothing then how will change come about? It is needed.

If Dalman thinks that fans being unhappy is overstated then he will see won't he.
    I see it as a choice. The fans can voice their concern and try to bring about change (not necessarily Tan selling the club) or leave it as it is. For many it seems to be the latter.

If we don't do anything and just keep turning up and saying next to nothing then how will change come about? It is needed.
    Don't agree change is needed but they lack self awareness at all levels and the fact they were asked directly a question about it and said it was overstated means they realise it but don't care as they try to dilute the level of discontent

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Until we have a viable new owner lined up any protests are pointless really

We are all pissed off but telling the club we are pissed off isn't going to do anything at all to alter the situation
    Why then did you march against the war in iraq? The troops weren't pulled out a week later because bush and blair had received the memo. The point of protest is to show that as a group, we aren't happy, it's not a revolution.

Don't agree change is needed but they lack self awareness at all levels and the fact they were asked directly a question about it and said it was overstated means they realise it but don't care as they try to dilute the level of discontent
    You don't agree that change is needed?

I'm not sure what more to say to be honest.

You don't agree that change is needed?

I'm not sure what more to say to be honest.
    No it was a typo - I agree change is needed

No it was a typo - I agree change is needed
    Fair enough.

I'm just wanting anything, something to get it through to those in charge just how badly they're doing things.
    You're probably right. They probably won't care but at least it would be something.

I just want our club back.

Well if people don't protest and the board remain complacent there's only one route for the club. I'm not sure the board will be over concerned until people vote with their feet: then Tan will be in trouble.

Support the team, not the regime.
    Get your match ticket and turn up and cheer the boys on.
    Boycott all other purchases that support the regime - do not buy any merchandise, food and drink, or matchday programmes.
    If the ancillary sales fall off a cliff they will get the message quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Well if people don't protest and the board remain complacent there's only one route for the club. I'm not sure the board will be over concerned until people vote with their feet: then Tan will be in trouble.
    Season tickets are out soon.

It will be a very harsh reality for the club.
    Sadly, it will probably be too late then as we're stuck with this squad.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Support the team, not the regime.
    Get your match ticket and turn up and cheer the boys on.
    Boycott all other purchases that support the regime - do not buy any merchandise, food and drink, or matchday programmes.
    If the ancillary sales fall off a cliff they will get the message quick enough.
    I'll be doing just that.

Fair enough.

I'm just wanting anything, something to get it through to those in charge just how badly they're doing things.
    You're probably right. They probably won't care but at least it would be something.

I just want our club back.
    I'm 45 years in this year to supporting the club and not sure at any point that I felt we had our club - even in the halcyon days of Warnock that was all a big con - I suppose when I was younger we limited our conversations to your mates and the pub and information sources were scant whereas as now everyone has a view whether they really support the club or not and some people are believed and others not as to those views for no rationale reason at all

Well organise something then.

That’s the last thing we need. We need to back the team and the new manager.

Luton are 4th. Losing an away trip to them was always likely and those aren’t the games that will make or break our season. It’s the upcoming games against Birmingham, Reading and Hull that matter.

We’re still outside the relegation zone as bad as we’ve been. We just need to keep up that form until the end of the season.

Is such a protest really going to help in the short term? Save it for the end of the season as it won't have any positive effects in the meantime.

Have to agree with what seems like the majority on this one.
    The players, coaching staff and management team don't need this at the moment. It's not their fault what decisions are made at the top.
    In the press conference last week Bamba talked about needing to get the CCS back towards being a fortress again. I think some results will need to come before any atmosphere does but I don't think protests will help towards this.
    I don't think it's possible to have the protests without it having a negative impact on this.
    We all need to get behind the team and new manager to try and somehow survive

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    That’s the last thing we need. We need to back the team and the new manager.

Luton are 4th. Losing an away trip to them was always likely and those aren’t the games that will make or break our season. It’s the upcoming games against Birmingham, Reading and Hull that matter.

We’re still outside the relegation zone as bad as we’ve been. We just need to keep up that form until the end of the season.
    Its was Luton in a poor championship. Its not like Man City when we at the bottom of the Championship.

We need to be going into every game looking to get points im sure our rivals will.

Shows how far weve dropped when we are writing points off v Luton Town.