Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Visible protest inside the ground needed

Re: Visible protest inside the ground needed

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Who “sacks the board” ?……The board ?
    The owner. As is the case at any club.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Everton have a great one that would work for us - No Communication, No Plan, No Vision.
    I did see that banner on the BBC website and thought the exact same. I'd love to be 'languishing' in the Premier League with Dyche in charge currently though.

Instead we've got the fun boy three making one unfit signing who can't be bothered to come straight here to get going.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    It’s a classic Blue Lewj move. As soon as a few people start to disagree he tries to discredit everyone by claiming if you disagree it’s because you’re completely happy with Tan and the way the club is run. He does it constantly.
    He's a dickhead. Only posts when we are poor we won't hear the gimp if we start to do well

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    He's a dickhead. Only posts when we are poor we won't hear the gimp if we start to do well
    I'm a dickhead?

You're the pest who keeps private messaging you fool.

Name calling about your level because you've got nothing positive to say about the club. You realise us posters that knew what a shit show the club was were right all along.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I'm a dickhead?

You're the pest who keeps private messaging you fool.

Name calling about your level because you've got nothing positive to say about the club. You realise us posters that knew what a shit show the club was were right all along.
    I'd love a new owner but you and your minnions want Tan gone to have billy liar back unlike me who wants someone with fresh ideas for the club

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'd love a new owner but you and your minnions want Tan gone to have billy liar back unlike me who wants someone with fresh ideas for the club
    Wouldn't have Hammam anywhere near the club ever again. Not sure where you've got this notion that I am a Hammam fan because I think the way the current owner runs the place is a joke. They're not linked in any way other than they're bad owners in my opinion.

Stop private messaging me, it is beyond weird.

Aren't we better off in Administration. Those hate figures will be gone then when Costco buy us to expand ?

I hope the people chanting "We want Tan gone" have deep pockets. Someone will need to fill in for the millions of pounds he puts into the club. As far as I'm aware there's no prospective buyers lined up and even if there was, there's no guarantee they'll put in as much money as Tan does.

Chant "Sack the board" by all means, I think they're pretty crap. But as long as Tan keeps writing cheques that don't bounce, he can stay for all I care.

I hope the people chanting "We want Tan gone" have deep pockets. Someone will need to fill in for the millions of pounds he puts into the club. As far as I'm aware there's no prospective buyers lined up and even if there was, there's no guarantee they'll put in as much money as Tan does.

Chant "Sack the board" by all means, I think they're pretty crap. But as long as Tan keeps writing cheques that don't bounce, he can stay for all I care.
    Why is he putting in millions of pounds? Why does he always hire the wrong managers? Why sack one almost immediately after letting him sign 17 players? Do they ever work again after us? No DoF? The questions could go on and on

So no one can voice their disapproval unless they have millions of pounds to plough into the club? What a load of rubbish.

Dictator Tan would love you.

There was something on TS today all about regulation coming in for owners to be able to buy clubs and what they can do once they take ownership….it mentioned things like changing badges, club colours etc and having more fan representatives on board. Wonder if they mentioned our vinnie? I missed the chat about it…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    There was something on TS today all about regulation coming in for owners to be able to buy clubs and what they can do once they take ownership….it mentioned things like changing badges, club colours etc and having more fan representatives on board. Wonder if they mentioned our vinnie? I missed the chat about it…..
    Unless you have millions to plough into the club you have to call him Lord Vincent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Why then did you march against the war in iraq? The troops weren't pulled out a week later because bush and blair had received the memo. The point of protest is to show that as a group, we aren't happy, it's not a revolution.
    Wow , perhaps he marched because the war was illegal and resulted in 4m Iraq citizens being killed or displaced.

Couldn't agree more. I get it that many are not happy with the way things are being run, neither am I. But we have a new manager, a new striker and team that need our backing. Now is not the time, it will only make matters worse.

This was meant to reply to a previous post along the same lines.
    Last edited by John Buchanan; 02-02-23 at 16:58. Reason: Error

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I get it that many are not happy with the way things are being run, neither am I. But we have a new manager, a new striker and team that need our backing. Now is not the time, it will only make matters worse.

This was meant to reply to a previous post along the same lines.
    You can scrub the new striker part of that. At least for a little while longer.

Nobody knows where he is or if he is in any state that warrants getting picked.

I thought he was arriving at the ground today. Getting himself in the building.

I’m sure he will turn up. Watching the City is more fun in the lower divisions anyway

SuperBluebirds91

Tbh at present and this is only my opinion I think this would be the last thing the team would need right now. Yes we aren’t happy with results but it happens and most of the last 15 years has been really positive. We need a great deal of togetherness at present because this will unsettle the players and manager. I agree things aren’t looking good at the moment but that doesn’t mean it’s over, we need to unite, the players, the manager and the fans - and by this I mean show support and encouragement in the stadium. Not start having a go at the board half way through a match or prior to. We have got what we have in terms of players and we are where we are in the table. Nothing can change that at the moment but support and encouragement in a positive way has surely got to help.
    If people want to protest then I can’t stop them but I dont feel now is the time. If we godown than maybe in the summer but not now.

I totally understand it isn't what the team need right now.

That is why it needs to be specifically against the way the board are running the club and not the team.

As I've said, there seems little appetite for it on here. Maybe some will revisit it when we get relegated or maybe leave things to give the board chance and have a look at it again in League 2.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    So no one can voice their disapproval unless they have millions of pounds to plough into the club? What a load of rubbish.

Dictator Tan would love you.
    People can happily voice their disapproval, if they want Tan gone they should acknowledge what that would mean for the club.

We’ve got no known buyers lined up. If Tan were to leave so would the £15m a year (or thereabouts) that he puts into the club. If he decides to sell us on the cheap just to be shot of us ASAP (as some fans want) then any buyers are likely to be less wealthy than if he held out for a bid.

As I said, if he keeps paying the bills he can stay as long as he wants. I certainly want Choo and Dalman gone though, I think they’re more at fault for the mess we’re in than Tan.

People can happily voice their disapproval, if they want Tan gone they should acknowledge what that would mean for the club.

We’ve got no known buyers lined up. If Tan were to leave so would the £15m a year (or thereabouts) that he puts into the club. If he decides to sell us on the cheap just to be shot of us ASAP (as some fans want) then any buyers are likely to be less wealthy than if he held out for a bid.

As I said, if he keeps paying the bills he can stay as long as he wants. I certainly want Choo and Dalman gone though, I think they’re more at fault for the mess we’re in than Tan.
    Fair points mate and I agree about Dalman and Choo. I think they’re all culpable, too arrogant to admit they need help.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Fair points mate and I agree about Dalman and Choo. I think they’re all culpable, too arrogant to admit they need help.
    Don’t get me wrong, Tan has made mistakes and continues to do so. If there was a buyer showing interest then I certainly wouldn’t be against Tan selling the club if the new owner seemed a suitable candidate.

At this time though, I think protesting at games is only going to negatively affect the club and the players. Even when the chants were purely directed at Tan and the board the atmosphere against Millwall felt toxic. I think the players notice that.

Don’t get me wrong, Tan has made mistakes and continues to do so. If there was a buyer showing interest then I certainly wouldn’t be against Tan selling the club if the new owner seemed a suitable candidate.

At this time though, I think protesting at games is only going to negatively affect the club and the players. Even when the chants were purely directed at Tan and the board the atmosphere against Millwall felt toxic. I think the players notice that.
    Yes, I’m against protests in the ground. The team and manager need us behind them 100%

I totally understand it isn't what the team need right now.

But surely most who would be protesting are only protesting because we are doing crap at the mo ( if we were in a shout of the play-offs then people wouldn't be protesting ), why would they want to protest when most know that this isnt what the team need right now

it doesnt take any sense

If fans aren't happy then surely there has to be some way of showing it?
    Not attending games?