+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Permacrisis' Cardiff in latest state of chaos

Re: 'Permacrisis' Cardiff in latest state of chaos

What that trophy in the photograph? Do you get a trophy for finishing second now?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What that trophy in the photograph? Do you get a trophy for finishing second now?
    It's called promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    He was mad as fck plainly.

The one thing he had over Tan was his involvement with "the fans". If Tan and his droogs interacted with the fans and paid attention to them instead of riding rough-shod over them, I think the club would probably be in a better situation.

Had he listened to the fans there wouldn't have been a re-brand and the club would have qualified people behind the scenes.

Tan and Sam are both inept in their own special ways.
    Agreed. It's just so hard to fathom how someone as successful as Tan has been in creating a diversified conglomerate which is listed on the Malaysian stock exchange is so incredibly inept when it comes to the ownership and management of a football club. Even if you know nothing about a particular industry and the way it works you bring in people who do!

Just feel he is too proud to admit his failings here and also lacks the b***s to fire Dalman and Choo running the club for many of their errors. One just has to look at how many managers we have been through in recent times to realise there is zero stability or confidence at the club.

Surely Tan realises that dropping down a division will only serve to further devalue his investment and attract even less interest from would-be investors. He will certainly never derive a premium sale from this club at this rate.

Many might disagree, but maybe dropping a league with him and the current directors out of the picture could be the silver lining we need to bring in root and branch reform at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Yes, hands down.

He "loaned" the club tens of millions under the guise of "Langstone", while charging around 30% interest on said loans, and denying any involvement with Langstone.

We now know he was running Langstone.

Let's never forget what that shifty little shark was trying to do whilst taking people on walks with ice-creams...
    But Scam was great, he loved us, we were Family etc etc

Oh how people choose to ignore the past

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's called promotion
    Yes. I know what promotion is. It's been going on for over 100 years. I also know that since the Premier League was founded the Football League Championship trophy is awarded to the winners of the second tier. I also know there are playoff winners' trophies. But I didn't know you got a trophy for finishing second. Is there a second place trophy in Premier League? Or League 1?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    But Scam was great, he loved us, we were Family etc etc

Oh how people choose to ignore the past
    Which people? Is there anyone respectable who thinks Hammam was great?

He was a total turd of a scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Which people? Is there anyone respectable who thinks Hammam was great?

He was a total turd of a scumbag.
    You'd be surprised. There's quite a few city fans that seemingly can't see the wood for the trees and still think he's some kind of hero.

They're probably the same people that think Morrison should have had longer.

Or that we should be getting behind the team instead of protesting.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    The transfer committee has made bigger transfer gaffs and wasted much more money when compared to Malky and Moody.
    The Transfer Committee also seem to conveniently forget that one of the main members of the committee, the one that actually has the ultimate say and signs them off, would have had knowledge of all the transfers.

There seems to be a victim mentality whereby they deny knowledge of football when transfers go bad and for some reason still see themselves knowledgeable enough to remain a part of the committee.

If I was them I'd break up the committee as it isn't fit for purpose.

It is all the more astonishing when you think about it that we've not got people with football knowledge on the board. I doubt the man on the street would be had over by somebody who was an expert in something they knew nothing about and continue without taking professional advice. Yet our club just soldier on in the hope the next transfer isn't going to be another catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Yes. I know what promotion is. It's been going on for over 100 years. I also know that since the Premier League was founded the Football League Championship trophy is awarded to the winners of the second tier. I also know there are playoff winners' trophies. But I didn't know you got a trophy for finishing second. Is there a second place trophy in Premier League? Or League 1?
    Here you go - the answer to the "trophy" question:

Thomas Lyte are the designers and makers of the Sky Bet EFL Trophies. When Sky Bet assumed the title of main sponsor, the decision was taken to retain the current designs of trophies as they had stature and visual impact and, over the course of their existence, had become synonymous with the Sky Bet Championship, Sky Bet League One, and Sky Bet League Two.

The original Champions trophies stand 55cms high and are silver plated with three gold plated handles. The runners up receive a two handled trophy, 40cms high, in silver plate with gold handles. The Play-Off Final trophies are to the same design as the League Champions trophies, except they are silver plated only and stand 45cms high.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    You'd be surprised. There's quite a few city fans that seemingly can't see the wood for the trees and still think he's some kind of hero.

They're probably the same people that think Morrison should have had longer.

Or that we should be getting behind the team instead of protesting.
    How do you figure that one out ? Personally I can't see any correlational.

Nothing to report on BBC platforms.. Permacrisis what next WW3..

I wonder if Vincent Tan has watched ‘Welcome to Wrexham’?
    There you have two people from outside the world of football buying a football club halfway around the world from their own location.
    The first thing they do is bring in someone overqualified to be an advisor to the club (former EFL chairman), then they nick someone from Burton Albion who’s highly regarded.
    They’ve spent money on recruiting people from a higher level to run their club.
    That is what Vincent Tan needs to do. But he won’t. 🤯

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    There you have two people from outside the world of football buying a football club halfway around the world from their own location.
    The first thing they do is bring in someone overqualified to be an advisor to the club (former EFL chairman), then they nick someone from Burton Albion who’s highly regarded.
    That is what Vincent Tan needs to do. But he won’t. ��
    Two promotions to the PL. But done despite having a dreadful business structure in place, not because of it. Until a couple of seasons ago Tan could have argued it was working, but running the club from 5000 miles away with 2 part-timers in charge was never going to endure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    That is what Vincent Tan needs to do. But he won’t. ��
    He won't do it because in his mind he isn't doing anything wrong. The club failing is down to managers getting one over on him and managers not getting the best out of the squad he has had the good will to assemble. That is the most worrying part. They fail to see that change is needed where it is needed most.

That is why when he says to any interviewer that he was duped, on the odd occasion he comes here, they need to push back on his views that he had the wool pulled over his eyes with transfers.
    What was he told about the transfers and why did he agree to them?
    Why is he still part of a transfer committee now if he has shown he has very little knowledge in the area?

The comments about Josh Murphy are just bizarre. He says he had the wool pulled over his eyes and he didnt score many goals. His scoring rate here was roughly the same as before he came here. Was he suddenly going to turn into a superstar because we paid a fair whack for him? I don't get the comments at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirdcelt View Post
    Agreed. It's just so hard to fathom how someone as successful as Tan has been in creating a diversified conglomerate which is listed on the Malaysian stock exchange is so incredibly inept when it comes to the ownership and management of a football club. Even if you know nothing about a particular industry and the way it works you bring in people who do!

Just feel he is too proud to admit his failings here and also lacks the b***s to fire Dalman and Choo running the club for many of their errors. One just has to look at how many managers we have been through in recent times to realise there is zero stability or confidence at the club.

Surely Tan realises that dropping down a division will only serve to further devalue his investment and attract even less interest from would-be investors. He will certainly never derive a premium sale from this club at this rate.

Many might disagree, but maybe dropping a league with him and the current directors out of the picture could be the silver lining we need to bring in root and branch reform at the club.
    The failure to learn lessons from past mistakes is baffling. The fact that it’s been corroborated by a few ex players that the stuff about Tan wanting the team to shoot more from outrageous distances offers proof that he knows bugger all about the game and yet he clearly believes that he’s right and those who have played and managed for years are wrong. People laugh at stuff like that and the thing about goalkeepers should shoot, but it shows the disadvantage we’re operating under when this is the man who insists on making all of the really big footballing decisions at the club himself.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The failure to learn lessons from past mistakes is baffling. The fact that it’s been corroborated by a few ex players that the stuff about Tan wanting the team to shoot more from outrageous distances offers proof that he knows bugger all about the game and yet he clearly believes that he’s right and those who have played and managed for years are wrong. People laugh at stuff like that and the thing about goalkeepers should shoot, but it shows the disadvantage we’re operating under when this is the man who insists on making all of the really big footballing decisions at the club himself.
    Wonder how low we might sink with him in charge, relegation to League 1 seemed unthinkable a few years ago, now it’s just around the corner……