+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: FT: HULL CITY 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: HULL CITY 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

This same blind positivity seems to be one of Tan's downsides too.

Believing if he pays money for a player they should be good, believing we should be challenging for play offs when we're clearly in relegation battle.

There is a thin line between positivity and delusion for Tan and some fans that we have. The problem with the positivity (or delusion) with Tan is the inability to see the seriousness of a situation that is in front of your nose. It doesn't help that the yes men on the board are probably telling him it will all be fine too.

Lamouchi knew what he was walking into before he put pen to paper
    The probable truth was we struggled to find a manager that would take us on as a failing club,which is why we took so long in naming Hudsons successor.
    Confidence from the board and the new manager speaks volumes in his tenure only being until the end of the season.

However I’m also fed up with all of this negativity
    We need to get behind the team and make some noise 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Lamouchi knew what he was walking into before he put pen to paper
    The probable truth was we struggled to find a manager that would take us on as a failing club,which is why we took so long in naming Hudsons successor.
    Confidence from the board and the new manager speaks volumes in his tenure only being until the end of the season.

However I’m also fed up with all of this negativity
    We need to get behind the team and make some noise ��
    The negativity on here shouldn't affect how much you get behind the team.

It certainly doesn't for me.

In our situation the positivity has to be tempered with what other teams do too.
    Yes, we seemed to put in an improved display but still lost.
    The reality is we got one point closer to the relegation zone.

I'll be supporting the team next week during 90 minutes as I always do. I support the team though. I still think the board are incompetent.

We do though have to make the best of a bad situation and the fans need to play a big part in that starting next week.

It will be tough but I think we're better than the three below us (and potentially one or two above us) if we get as much as we can out of these players.
    Kaba was encouraging, won a few flick ons, popped up in a few dangerous area. Hopefully that encouraging spell turns into a successful time here.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    We do though have to make the best of a bad situation and the fans need to play a big part in that starting next week.

It will be tough but I think we're better than the three below us (and potentially one or two above us) if we get as much as we can out of these players.
    Kaba was encouraging, won a few flick ons, popped up in a few dangerous area. Hopefully that encouraging spell turns into a successful time here.
    Another of your posts I agree with.

It's not right.

I'm going to sit down in a darkened room and listen to whale music for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

It's not right.

It's not right.

You can't disagree with my anti board posts given what they've done here.
    City at the moment is like a car driving with a wheel missing and people looking at everything other than the wheel as to why it isn't running properly.
    Maybe that car might get us home (safe) on this occasion but if you don't get it sorted sooner or later you'll be very much in the brown stuff.

I'm furious with what they've done here. Maybe I shouldn't tell people 500 times a week but ignoring the biggest problem at the club helps nobody.
    I'm all for looking for positives, let's hope the club give us some.

You can't disagree with my anti board posts given what they've done here.
    City at the moment is like a car driving with a wheel missing and people looking at everything other than the wheel as to why it isn't running properly.
    Maybe that car might get us home (safe) on this occasion but if you don't get it sorted sooner or later you'll be very much in the brown stuff.

I'm furious with what they've done here. Maybe I shouldn't tell people 500 times a week but ignoring the biggest problem at the club helps nobody.
    I'm all for looking for positives, let's hope the club give us some.
    Have you joined the Trust?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I haven't yet, no.

What are the Trust doing?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Seems to me that the trust is as bad at communications as the board.

I haven't yet, no.

What are the Trust doing?
    Well you spend a lot of time on here being pissed off with the club

At least by joining the trust you could have some sort of input through the elected representatives

You are just wasting your time on here

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    They have been fine with me

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I get regular emails, a Trust magazine, occasional mail shots, invitations to submit questions for those (rare) meetings with the club, and there is a Trust website that seems to be managed. All by a small group of unpaid volunteers.

The Trust - through Keith Morgan - also does a good job on analysing and explaining the club finances on a regular basis. The best source of information on the health of the club (the club does nothing) apart from maybe the Swiss Ramble who does something a bit different on his blog about the annual accounts.

It is always possible to communicate better, but the Trust tries and largely succeeds. The club does some things OK on the website and social media, but there is a massive and deliberate communications silence about the important stuff. No comparison with the Trust.

I get regular emails, a Trust magazine, occasional mail shots, invitations to submit questions for those (rare) meetings with the club, and there is a Trust website that seems to be managed. All by a small group of unpaid volunteers.

The Trust - through Keith Morgan - also does a good job on analysing and explaining the club finances on a regular basis. The best source of information on the health of the club (the club does nothing) apart from maybe the Swiss Ramble who does something a bit different on his blog about the annual accounts.

It is always possible to communicate better, but the Trust tries and largely succeeds. The club does some things OK on the website and social media, but there is a massive and deliberate communications silence about the important stuff. No comparison with the Trust.
    Oh Wow that sounds fab - Out of interest what was the most asked Question from it's members lately and did it make it to the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    No full backs again ...Mick tried the 4 even 5 centre half line up to no avail
    Ng is a right back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Blackpool haven't won a league game since October and have Mick McCarthy managing them. Huddersfield have been in the bottom three all season and there's a reason for that. Wigan have won once since mid-October.

Those three sides are very poor. City are also very poor, especially in attack. But the club has a new manager who has only been in the job for a week, so there's a possibility things might improve if he's any good.

It'll probably go to the wire, but there's nothing to suggest Wigan, Blackpool or Huddersfield are any more likely to start winning games than City. The bookmakers currently have Cardiff at 6/5 for relegation. I'd go evens. But not odds on.