+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Food related things that really bug you ?

Re: Food related things that really bug you ?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's weird that Americans put maple syrup on meat, but as long as I don't have to do it that doesn't bother me either.
    Is a chilli dog a hot dog with chilli sauce or has the hot dog already got chilli in it ?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    steak should be medium or medium rare...if you fry the phuck out of it it will be tough.Some chefs wont cook a well done steak.
    People who cook steak or fish as if they are afraid to apply heat. Well done is good! Kills the bugs and intensifies the flavours (same for some veg and fruit). Ignore the posh group think and cook it - properly!

bacon that releases water when you try and fry it dmfhi!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Is a chilli dog a hot dog with chilli sauce or has the hot dog already got chilli in it ?
    It's a hot dog with chili con carne on it. Don't ever get one. Especially from a street vendor. They're awful. Imagine the worst chili you've ever had with the cheapest meat. Only worse.

It's a hot dog with chili con carne on it. Don't ever get one. Especially from a street vendor. They're awful. Imagine the worst chili you've ever had with the cheapest meat. Only worse.
    Christ that's rank

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Christ that's rank
    This is how you want your hot dog. Chicago style.

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 10.18.20 PM.jpg

People who pile food on their plate and then waste it, buffets, Toby Carvery, all inclusive, just take what you’re going to eat, not pile it high & then throw it away.

TV chefs who pronounce chorizo as if it's Italian (i.e. 'choritso').

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    People who pile food on their plate and then waste it, buffets, Toby Carvery, all inclusive, just take what you’re going to eat, not pile it high & then throw it away.
    This

What NYC and Des said.

One thing that bugs me when th going out to eat is when they put your steak on the plate and it hasn't rested, and you get the blood juice all over your chips.. just set it aside on a rack or something FFS.

Anything "Hearty". If you have said the word "hearty" in your life you should probably end it.

Also, people who eat meat, especially chicken and cheese together.

I urge any ignorant meatheads to watch one of those documentaries on the food industry, macrofarms etc.

You'd have to be a particularly low level individual with a wickedly skewed moral compass to eat meat after that.

Americans eating and cutting their food with just a fork, animals!

It reminds me of Curry Wurst in Berlin. Sausage with some ketchup and curry powder. Absolutely foul - and yet it's on every menu. There was even a bloody museum dedicated to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    we once went to Butlins for a weekend and had the dining package, went a bit more upmarket ( if thats possible ) and went premium dining as they had real cutlery and plates ( rather than plastic stuff and a tray like you see in American prisons ), never again, the amount of waste, people would go up and grab plates of chicken nuggets and the kids would eat 2 or 3 and then they are left, it was depressing, the wife spoke to some poor girl clearing the table and they said it happens all the time, people fill up plates with nuggets to save them walking back to the counter and then leave them, she then pointed out a table behind us, they had left plates of dessert with 17 desserts untouched

Ive eaten at Buffets in the USA where fat people fill plates, but they normally make a serious dent in that plate, in Butlins that on another level

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I urge any ignorant meatheads to watch one of those documentaries on the food industry, macrofarms etc.

You'd have to be a particularly low level individual with a wickedly skewed moral compass to eat meat after that.
    its funny that people objects to battery Hans and most of the UK's eggs are now free range, after all you want the chickens to have a decent life, yet pigs kept in the same conditions ?

I guess society will have to catch up on that one

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Eggs and beans next to each other on the plate and not kept apart using sausages.
    A cup of coffee made with boiling water and coffee granules.
    A cup of tea where the bag has spent less than 4 minutes in the mug.
    People who keep rattling an empty crisp packet after they've eaten all the crisps (are you listening Mrs Bloop)
    A cup of tea where the teabag has been anywhere near a cup. Heathen.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    It reminds me of Curry Wurst in Berlin. Sausage with some ketchup and curry powder. Absolutely foul - and yet it's on every menu. There was even a bloody museum dedicated to it!
    Was in Berlin this summer, a Berliner friend said i needed to go to one specific place, locals blah blah blah....dragged the kids half way across the city for a hotdog swimming in ketchup and curry powder.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    A cup of tea where the teabag has been anywhere near a cup. Heathen.
    Using an infuser and loose tea in the office can get a bit messy.

Vegetarians/vegans preaching to meat-eaters about animal welfare etc.

Restaurants that list on their fish menu - ".... topped with a succulent wedge of lemon".

It's just a slice of lemon, stop trying to pad it out, doesn't even need to be mentioned!

Am always amused by the many names (pork, pork chops, spare ribs, bacon, etc) which are used to describe pig meat.

Meat substitute foods for vegetarians that still include the meat in its name.

Over-use of an ingredients' origin on a restaurant menu eg Madagascan Vanilla, Malden Sea Salt.

SuperBluebirds91

How the mid range foods are hardly any difference from the value foods in the supermarket apart from the price.

I really cannot stand it when people touch my food or interfere with it whilst it’s being cooked. Now iknow this sounds abit odd because people may touch food whilst in the factory etc but there’s nothing worse when I sit down to eat and someone puts there fingers towards my plate as if they are going to grab something or someone takes abit of the cheese off the edge of my pizza.it puts me off eating altogether. I had some pasta in the saucepan recently and someone (an adult not a child in my household!) picked a folk up that has been used for something else (raw meat)that was also cooking at the same time and stirred my pasta. They were doing it to be helpfulbut this is what I mean by interfering.

I also hate it when I receive something that the seal is broken on.

Apart from that I’ll eat anything aslong as I’m not allergic to it

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Am always amused by the many names (pork, pork chops, spare ribs, bacon, etc) which are used to describe pig meat.
    What are your feelings on the words beef, veal and steak?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Meat substitute foods for vegetarians that still include the meat in its name.

Over-use of an ingredients' origin on a restaurant menu eg Madagascan Vanilla, Malden Sea Salt.
    Check out Posh Nosh on YouTube. They're 10 minute skits starring Richard E Grant and Arabella Weir doing exactly what you said in your second paragraph. Absolutely hilarious.