+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Six Nations thread

Re: Six Nations thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You’re too young obviously
    Just had a quick Google ha ha. I’m 43 so yes too young for that reference

England using players to block off kick chasers very well too.

No chance to have a big hit on the catcher. Almost always a player running back towards the ball but cleverly positioning themselves between catcher and kick chaser.

The speed of the support play from the forwards is another negative for Wales. England have got over the ball quickly but we've just not communicated well or improved it.

They’re just better in every area of the pitch. They’ll pull away now I think….unless Farrell keeps missing kicks

jeepers...Wales win a pen insidede heir own half and they congratulate each other like they won the World cup.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Just had a quick Google ha ha. I’m 43 so yes too young for that reference
    It was always a thing in school and after leaving school come to think of it. Any tall lad was often referred to as Jiffy the Broomstick Man. One of the Bridgend St boys is still known by Jiffy to this day, some of the younger lads wouldn’t even know his real name

WHY do they keep kicking down the middle for England to get possession....surly kick for touch and a lineout???

Wales not threatened the English line even once.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It was always a thing in school and after leaving school come to think of it. Any tall lad was often referred to as Jiffy the Broomstick Man. One of the Bridgend St boys is still known by Jiffy to this day, some of the younger lads wouldn’t even know his real name
    Brilliant, I love nicknames. Valleys ones are the best.

comedy of errors from 2 very poor sides

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Brilliant, I love nicknames. Valleys ones are the best.
    There were some crackers amongst dockers years ago. The rule re. Getting a job on the dock was the father to eldest son rule, no other way of getting a start on there, your dad had to be a docker. One bloke I know, his dad had died young resulting in him being very close to his dad’s elder brother, who was a docker. Rules were bent and after much cajoling and pleading, my mate got the start on there. Obviously he was known as The Man From Uncle.

Be careful if you live in South Wales and dare to venture out this evening because disappointed, angry and ridiculously nationalistic egg fans will be everywhere.

They spent hours shouting "come on, Shane!" at the telly to no avail.

Those women are never shy about putting a stiletto heel into anyone who upsets them.

At least its nearly over for another year

I watched the second half. I just don't understand what people see in rugby. It used to be quite a graceful sport at times, but now it's just a bunch of meatheads. There's no skill. No finesse.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I watched the second half. I just don't understand what people see in rugby. It used to be quite a graceful sport at times, but now it's just a bunch of meatheads. There's no skill. No finesse.
    International Rugby can be a very good watch

It's the endless shite that really passes me off

Scrum 5 sinbin was on last night at 7 pm , peak fecking TV time ff sake

It's shite

Then it was repeated again today at 1130 am

Wtf for ?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You watched two poor teams.

Ireland v Italy was a different sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    You watched two poor teams.

Ireland v Italy was a different sport.
    yes they run with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    WHY do they keep kicking down the middle for England to get possession....surly kick for touch and a lineout???

Wales not threatened the English line even once.
    Because Wales know they’re not capable of winning line-outs, even their own.

An interesting summary of the omnishambles that is Welsh rugby https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...cing-the-abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    An interesting summary of the omnishambles that is Welsh rugby https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...cing-the-abyss
    That article is written by someone who knows the game better than me, but it doesn’t explain how Scotland, a nation far more in love with football than rugby and with only the two regions, is also making a better job of coping in the modern game than we are.

On the pitch,although I wasn’t over impressed by England, this season’s Six Nations looks like it’s being contested by five teams trying, with varying success, to play a modern, more attractive brand of rugby and one soldiering on with “Warrenball” - has the game passed Gatland by?

I will be glad when its all over and football and Horse Racing is back on in the pub on a Saturday.

Watched both games. The first game was really enjoyable and entertaining.

The 2nd was garbage. Wales near useless and England poor. What made the 2nd game even worse was the commentary. Jonathan Davies in particular really bad , shouting about England dominating repeatedly and the other 2 not much better. If I was home id have turned down the volume.(or more likely switched it off).

I wouldnt be suprised if Davies hasnt demanded for the England full back to be included in the New Years honours list this morning.

France have put more than 50 points on England this evening.

just goes to show how good Ireland are atm

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    France have put more than 50 points on England this evening.
    Vive la France!! 🇫🇷

Looked like a half decent performance from Wales today judging by the scoreline and bonus point, although I do fear for us next week.

You beat me to it!!! 10-53 !!!!

At HQ too